FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Always and Forever"
Part 24
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing 'em. I'll return' em the way I found 'em.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: If you haven't read my previous stories, "Us Six Against the World" and "Sense of Completion", it is recommended before reading this one. This is the last in the Trilogy.
Family and friends paced for another hour. The doctor tried to tell them it could be awhile yet, but no one wanted to leave. Finally, they all stood up and held their breaths when the doctor finally rushed into the labor room a little while later.

************* "I love you babe, just a little longer. You can do it." Max whispered continuously into Liz's ear as he held her.

"WE can do it." she panted and smiled up at her Max.

"One more push Liz, that's the girl," the doctor said calmly.

Max bit his lip as Liz's eyes squeezed shut and she once again found the strength to push. Max shared the pain and helped ease Liz's enough so that she could push through her exhaustion. He'd held her hands and kissed her forehead in between contractions, and both of them were now dripping with sweat.

When the first cry was heard, both Liz and Max's eyes flew open and met. Love and joy shimmered in their eyes.

They both looked as the doctor placed one of the babies on Liz's chest, and with a cry, Liz gathered the little bundle close to her and stared in amazement at the tiny new life that was a part of both she and Max's love.

"Oh my God... Max..." Liz choked, her eyes overflowing with tears.

Max, his own vision blurry with tears leaned down and held out a finger to his tiny little daughter. He caressed a small fist and then met his wife's eyes.

"God Liz... I love you so much. Thank you for my little daughter." he whispered hoarsely and kissed her lips gently with his.

"Here comes the other one. Max, do you want to catch this one?" the doctor asked and looked amused at Max's astonished look.

"Could I?" And he was beside the doctor in a second.

"One more push Liz." the doctor smiled at Liz and watched as the two brought their son into the world together.

The doctor watched as Max cupped his new son with reverence as he cut the cord and went around to place the second baby in his wife's arms.

The two amazed the doctor. He thought he had seen everything, but the connection, the bond and love these two shared was beyond anything he'd ever seen or felt before.

And now he could almost see the glow, the aura around the small family in front of him.

"Liz...look at them." "Max...their so little..." "Look at their tiny fingers..." " And toes" they were in their own world, finishing each other's sentences as if they were one.

Finally the doctor was able to get the babies cleaned up when he told Max to help him with that too.

Liz lay back and grinned happily, tears falling down her cheeks as she watched Max gently hold the babies and tenderly wash them and kiss them softly on the forehead as he returned them to Liz.

*********************

"Okay Max, Liz, look here!" Diane Evans called out as she snapped the first picture of the new family.

The doctor grinned as he left, and let the 14 family members take over the room to welcome the new additions to the already large family unit.

"Liz... my baby has babies now." Nancy Parker smiled and kissed her daughter's forehead. Mother and daughter's eyes met and an understanding passed between them. Liz now understood how her parents felt about her, and how much they'd accepted and dealt with the past few months.

"Thank you mom. I just hope I can be as good a mom as you have been. That when my babies grow up and find their soul mates, that I can accept their mates like you've accepted my Max."

"I love you baby." Nancy swallowed and then let her husband hold his daughter.

Nancy turned to Max who stood close by, holding the babies so Liz could get hugs and congratulations from everyone.

"Thank you Max." Nancy smiled at her son- in- law, and the father of her grandchildren.

"For what?" Max asked softly. "I should be thanking you."

"For what?" Nancy asked back.

"For Liz. She's my life." he answered with honesty and love shining in his eyes.

Nancy smiled and swallowed. "And I thank you for making Liz happier than I ever thought she could be."

"Even though I'm.... not human?" Max had to ask. He still was amazed that Liz's parents had accepted him completely.

"Max.... you're more human than most people I know." Nancy whispered and hugged him, babies and all. She thought of all the times now that he had saved her daughter's life and was still amazed. The boy was completely selfless when it came to her daughter. What more could a mother ask for.

As congratulations were shared all around, and the pictures were passed around, laughing and joking followed.

"Michael, let me see that picture!" Maria complained as Michael held the picture away from her playfully.

It was a picture Amy had taken of Maria with the babies.

"What will you give me for it?" Michael teased.

"You mean other than a black eye?" Maria smirked with her hands on her hips.

Liz laughed as she watched the play between her two lively friends. She loved them all. And she was so overwhelmed to have all of their love in return.

"Michael Gurien!" Maria huffed and then suddenly the picture flew out of Michael's hand and landed in Maria's.

Everyone gasped and Michael froze, slowly turning pale.

Maria, too, was speechless and finally looked up at Michael with unsure eyes. Michael didn't look happy, and Maria suddenly became afraid.

"Oh my God.... Maria." Liz exclaimed with happy tears.

Michael finally realized what had happened, and what it meant, and then he slowly smiled and soon it turned into a full-fledged grin.

"WOOOHOOO!!!!" he shouted and suddenly picked Maria up and spun her around.

Maria laughed in relief and held on tightly to her crazy husband as he spun her around like a mad man.

Amy cried out and ran to hug her daughter as Michael let her down finally. "Oh my GOD Maria!" Amy cried and they held each other tight.

After all the excitement died down, Amy and Jim looked at each other.

"Well, as long as we're having a baby day... Jim and I want to tell you that we're pregnant too." Amy smiled and Jim grinned like a proud new father.

Maria and Kyle looked stunned at first, and then they both and congratulated them.

"We're going to have another sister or brother Kyle." Maria said with tears shimmering in her eyes.

Kyle knew Maria was being overly emotional with her own pregnancy, and he smiled and hugged her before passing her willingly back to her husband for the rush of new tears that began for Maria.

Everyone was in an uproar and the celebrating continued.

Finally Diane Evans looked over at the new parents who were in their own world, kissing tenderly and completely captivated by their new babies.

"Max, Liz what did you name the babies?" she smiled.

Max grinned and held up his daughter. "This is Shiri," he said proudly.

"And this is Jason." Liz said softly, holding up her son with tears in her eyes.

"Oh! What beautiful names!" Maria exclaimed and then burst into tears.

Michael sighed and hugged his teary wife to him. He swallowed realizing he would now have to deal with what Max had dealt with when Liz had been pregnant.

Alex backed away from Maria and turned pale. "I don't know Isabel. I don't' think I can handle a pregnant you!" he said in panic.

"How do you know I'll be the one crying Alex? Maybe it's only humans in a pregnancy that cry. Maybe you'll be the one to get emotional?" she teased and exchanged laughing looks with Cassie.

"No...." They all laughed when Alex paled more and sat down, terrified at the thought.

Liz turned to Max and their eyes connected. *Max...my beautiful Max. Thank you for loving me so much. Thank you for saving me all those years ago.* Liz told him silently.

*You saved ME that day Liz. Thank you for loving ME. And I'll love you forever. I can't help but love you. I was born to love you.* he answered, taking her hand and cherishing it in his own.

Liz felt her eyes fill. *I think we were both born to love each other. Forever.* she swallowed and smiled brightly.

*Always.* He smiled back.

THE END....

Part 23 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.