FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Always and Forever"
Part 2
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing 'em. I'll return 'em the way I found 'em.
Summary: Lots of my faithful readers wanted to know what happens to the eight kids in the end. What do Liz and Max's parents say when they tell them they are pregnant? Do they tell any of the parents that Max, Michael and Isabel are Aliens? Does Liz safely deliver the babies? What about the other couples? And what about Nasedo? For he's still out there...somewhere...
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: If you haven't read my previous stories, "Us Six Against the World" or "Sense of Completion", it is recommended before reading this one. This is the last in the Trilogy. And, to make the time frame work in my story I have to make my characters start the timetable with Max saving Liz in their junior year, instead of their sophomore year of high school. Hey, what can I say? Author's license.. ;-)
May 25, 2001

I'm Liz Parker and today is Graduation Day. I can't believe we've all finally made it! So much has happened in the last year and a half, since Max Evans stepped forward and saved my life. Before then, Maria, Alex and I had sworn that we would all graduate together and then no matter who we were with, we would get together, just the three of us, and celebrate our past accomplishments, and our futures. But now we never think of ourselves as the three of us anymore. For a while after Max had saved me, it was the six of us, and then in the last year, it's been the eight of us. It's just amazing how much life can change. I now realized that even though it's still good to have a plan, you also have to be ready for unpredictable things to suddenly occur that could change all your well laid out plans. And to realize that unpredictable occurrences can actually be better than what you'd planned. I wouldn't change one thing in my life right now. Even knowing all we still have to go through in the near and distant future...

Liz smiled and glanced over at the form next to her in her bed. She had woken up early and was writing in her diary as she tried to do every morning or night before she went to bed. But she also loved this time of morning when Max was still asleep, snuggled up with her in her bed, and lightly snoring.

A time when she could just devour him with her eyes, openly loving him and admiring him in solitude. Not that she couldn't and didn't openly love and admire him all the time, but it was so peaceful just to know he was asleep next to her in the quiet hours of the morning. She was amazed at how hot he always was. No matter what time of year it was, he always slept in just his boxers and either a t-shirt or no shirt. And when they were at Jordan's ranch, where they didn't have to worry about parents catching them, he didn't even wear his boxers. This brought a smile to Liz's lips.

Soon they wouldn't have to sneak around anymore. They wouldn't have to crawl through each other's windows to be together. For after graduation today, tomorrow, they were going to finally confront their parents about her pregnancy, and plan for their future together. Liz reached for the ever-present chain around her neck and clasped the diamond ring in her hand. Soon now she would wear this on her finger, where Max and she both wanted and needed it to be.

Liz bit her lip remembering Max's dream again from last night. She would have to talk to Isabel today. And explain what was going on with Max, and how they would have to hold off on telling her parents everything. Liz needed to figure out why Max was so afraid of rejection from his parents.

Liz started to write in her journal again when she felt a little nip at her hip. Startled she jumped and dropped the pen and the book slid to the end of the bed.

Max had woken up to see Liz's cute little hip in line with his face, and couldn't resist nibbling on her first thing in the morning.

"Max!" Liz giggled as he then climbed up her body and slid her down again onto the pillows.

"Breakfast." He murmured as he took her mouth with his for a long lingering kiss. Liz sighed and draping her arms around his neck, she closed her eyes and just let herself float away on the feelings that Max could always stir.

Suddenly he stopped kissing her and sat up with a frown. "What?" she asked in concern. Had he been thinking of the dream again?

"You brushed your teeth!" He accused, looking grumpy now.

Liz giggled and tried pulling him to her again, but he resisted. He looked like a little boy all pouty with his hair all messed from sleep. "So?" she whispered and tried again to pull him back down to her. When he still resisted she sighed. "Max?" she questioned patiently.

"I have morning breath and you don't." he said and jumped up and disappeared into the bathroom.

Liz looked surprised. This was new. Many a mornings she got up first, and showered before writing in her journal. And Max often woke and attacked her first thing. It was one of the things she loved and looked forward to. Why was he worried about this all of a sudden? Max was worrying about too much lately, and Liz bit her lip knowing they needed to talk about what was really bothering him.

She picked up her journal and wrote again.

I can't wait until tonight. There's going to be a big dance at the gym at school, and the guys are all taking us. We will spend one last night at a high school event, before we say goodbye to high school forever. Part of me is sad to be leaving behind all that I know, but knowing that my future is Max, makes me unafraid of all that the future may bring...

Max pounced on the bed and grabbed Liz again, knocking the book once more to the end of the bed, while the pen went flying this time.

Max growled playfully and Liz giggled right before he closed his mouth over hers. They wrestled for a few minutes before Liz sat up eying Max, as he lay stretched out on the bed content for the moment with their morning kisses. "You ready for your speech?" Max asked with a smile as he glided a hand down her arm, watching her watch him. Liz frowned and nodded. Max just chuckled and sat up. "Don't worry Ms. Valedictorian, you'll do great! Your speech is excellent and inspiring." He said with pride in his eyes.

Liz nodded and smiled. She wouldn't worry. They were going to enjoy today, all of it.

Max once again slid out of the bed to go shower. He bent down, placed a hand on Liz's still flat tummy, and kissed it. "Morning little ones." He said softly. Then he picked up Liz's journal from the bottom of the bed and handed it to her. He winked. "You can finish writing now." He smiled and headed into the bathroom.

Liz laughed and put the book on the nightstand. Max didn't need to look at her journal any more. Not only had she shared it with him a long time ago, but also he knew her every thought, as she knew his. Liz smiled knowing that this helped to make them closer, and she started to hum, her own hand over the babies, as she too got up and started getting dressed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my God, Liz. Why didn't he tell me?" Isabel said, her face drained of color and her eyes pained.

"I don't think he realized how much it was bothering him until recently, Isabel. I think part of him wants to tell your parents too, which is why he's been having the dreams. Every time he starts to convince himself to tell them everything, he has the nightmares." Liz sighed.

Isabel bit her lip and met Alex's equally worried eyes. "We can wait. Of course we can wait." Isabel said in a low voice.

Alex knew how she felt and he put his arm around her and looked at Liz. Liz looked tired. And Max looked tired lately too. Alex knew that the past few weeks had been extremely wearing on all of them with finals and graduation and plans for the future, not to mention the added burden for Max and Liz to tell their parents about the pregnancy.

"Michael's not ready yet either I don't think." Isabel sighed again and then shook herself and smiled. This was their last day of high school. They were not going to worry about anything today. "Hey! You coming over right after school to get ready?" Isabel changed the subject.

Liz grinned, her face brightening and nodded. "Definitely! Maria is going to pick me up and we'll meet you and Cassie right after school to start getting ready for graduation and the dance afterwards."

"I hate dancing." Michael commented as he and Maria approached Isabel's locker where they had gathered.

"Well I love it." Maria said her own eyes twinkling as she too thought about tonight. "We did it guys! We made it through high school!" she added and gave a shout and hugged Liz and Isabel who both laughed.

"No more Mr. Bell!" Isabel sighed, thinking of her Math teacher.

"No more Ms. Riker!" Maria laughed thinking of their gym teacher.

"No more cafeteria lunches!" Alex added, getting into the spirit now.

Michael smiled, his arm around Maria. "No more slips for being absent or late," he couldn't help but add.

"No more condescending looks from Mr. Parady," Liz laughed thinking of their chemistry teacher.

"No more eraser room." Max said coming up behind Liz and sliding his arms around her.

"We won't need it Maxwell!" Michael grinned realizing now that they were out of high school, there would be less restrictions on them.

"No more conferences in the halls between classes," Maria suddenly said quietly.

"No more lunches together in the Quad," Liz whispered.

"No more group meetings under the bleachers," Cassie added as she and Kyle came up to the group.

They all stood around looking at each other. Torn between being excited to be moving ahead with their lives, and yet afraid of the changes to come. Would they ever be as close as they were now?

"Hey! Come on guys! We've got some serious fun to look forward to tonight!" Isabel said suddenly, pulling them all out of their blue moment.

"Hey Maria, Kyle how are your parents' wedding plans coming along?" Alex asked.

Maria smiled and exchanged glances with Kyle. Now that the secret was out in the open and Kyle's dad was actually their protector, none of them minded the pairing of Maria and Kyle's parents.

"Great. They are so happy." Maria smiled. Liking that her mom was happy now.

"I've never seen my dad so happy. He actually whistles around the house. It's kinda scary." Kyle quipped, making Cassie laugh.

Maria smiled to herself remembering what her mother had just asked her last night. They had been going through some more wedding catalogues when Amy had asked Maria a question...

***"Honey, what do you think of my asking Michael to give me away?"

Maria had been flabbergasted but then had smiled widely and hugged her mom. "He'll love it!" Maria said. "And hate it." She added and then they both laughed. ***

She smiled remembering that tomorrow, after graduation; her mom was going to ask Michael.

Then she remembered what tomorrow was for Max and Liz and she looked over at them. They both looked even more tired than the rest of them, but that was understandable. She just would be glad, like everyone else, when they got the talk over with.

They weren't worried about being told they couldn't see each other, considering Max had turned 18 in March and Liz had turned 18 at the beginning of the month. But they did want their parents' blessings.

"So! Girls! My place right after school?" Isabel smiled looking around.

They all nodded and Max grinned at the guys. "Great, we're going to be in for it." He rolled his eyes. He could tell the girls were seriously in the mood to party tonight.

And that usually kept the guys on their toes.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.