FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Always and Forever"
Part 8
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing 'em. I'll return 'em the way I found 'em.
Summary: Lots of my faithful readers wanted to know what happens to the eight kids in the end. What do Liz and Max's parents say when they tell them they are pregnant? Do they tell any of the parents that Max, Michael and Isabel are Aliens? Does Liz safely deliver the babies? What about the other couples? And what about Nasedo? For he's still out there...somewhere...
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: If you haven't read my previous stories, "Us Six Against the World" or "Sense of Completion", it is recommended before reading this one. This is the last in the Trilogy. And, to make the time frame work in my story I have to make my characters start the timetable with Max saving Liz in their junior year, instead of their sophomore year of high school. Hey, what can I say? Author's license.. ;-)
"Oh Mom! I can't wait for you to meet our Uncle Jordan!" Isabel suddenly remembered.

Isabel and her mother were still sitting in the living room catching up. They had nail polish and lips sticks all over the coffee table and her and her mother were trying different shades, as Isabel would change the colors and experiment with them. They were laughing and just girl talking. Mother and daughter talk, like they had both always wanted.

Diane beamed and nodded. "Max told me about him. But he said there was a lot more to share, and that he would have you both there when it was explained." Diane said looking in the little mirror at the new color lipstick Isabel had made for her.

"I'm so glad Jordan was there for you three when you ran from the FBI and the sheriff. And now Sheriff Valenti is on your side." Diane shook her head in amazement. "Thank God the sheriff isn't a problem. I know he's been obsessed with finding aliens since his father. And to think his father was right all this time."

Isabel smiled realizing this was still a lot for her mom. She pushed back a strand of her own hair and hugged her mom again. "I'm just so glad I can talk to you about all this!" Isabel sighed.

Diane laughed and then sat back and smiled. "Now...I know Max and Liz are meant for each other, and she knows about you three, but what about your other friends? And Alex?"

Isabel smiled and nodded. "Maria, Kyle, Cassie and Alex know too."

Diane nodded then took her daughter's hand. "I love your Alex, Isabel. You do too don't you honey? I've never seen you as happy as when you are with Alex Whitman."

"Oh Mom...Alex is wonderful! He accepted all of this so well! And it didn't even make him hesitate in his feelings for me for a second when he found out the truth. Yes! I do love him." Isabel smiled brightly, her eyes lighting up.

"I'm so happy with the choices you children have made." Diane sighed and wiped another tear of happiness and then laughed. "Your father is going to come home from the stores and wonder what we've been talking about when he sees our red eyes."

"Don't worry mom, I can get rid of those." Isabel winked. "So when do you want to meet Jordan? I know he wants to meet you! And dad too when we tell him." Isabel smiled."When do you think we should tell Dad?" She couldn't wait, but wondered what Max and her mom had decided.

"We'll sit down with your dad probably in a few days. I want him to get used to the idea that his son is going to get married and have a family. But I know that Max wants him to know before he and Liz get married next weekend." Diane replied.

"Oh? Why is that?" Isabel tilted her head a little and held up her hand to see the new nail color in the light.

"Max and Liz decided to get married up at Jordan's ranch. They want an outdoor ceremony up in the beautiful mountains where they say you all find such peace. And that way we can all meet Jordan, and Liz's parents can see the Lab and the area where they will live."

Isabel nodded and then laughed. "Leave it to Max and Liz to come up with the perfect plans all the time."

Diane laughed with her. They knew Max was so much like Phillip, neat and organized, and they had always teased them both about it. "What are your plans honey? I know you want to go to UNM to study teaching, but do you know where you want to teach?"

Isabel's eyes softened. "Yeah." she said with a small smile.

Diane's own eyes softened and she just knew. "In Jordan's community?" she guessed.

Isabel nodded. "I don't want to be too far from you, but I really want to help with my people. Max does too, and so does Liz."

"And Michael?" Diane said with a flash of pain in her eyes.

"Mom? What is it?" Isabel had seen the quick flash of pain.

Diane sighed. "I always wished that we could have adopted Michael all those years ago like we did you two. The three of you were always so close, I had a feeling you three knew each other already when you all met in school here, and thought it was from the orphanage you all were at. But now I know it was deeper than that. And I wish even more now that your father and I had found Michael that night along with you and Max." Diane sighed sadly.

"Oh Mom. Max and I have always wished that as well, but it was Michael. He wouldn't come out of hiding when your car drove up. He ran. He was afraid. But it wasn't your fault! Michael knows that!" Isabel comforted her mother who looked like she just realized she'd lost a child. "He grew up with us and had our love and yours too in a way. And just think that now you've gained a son sort of." Isabel said softly.

"Yes. Yes I hope he would like that too. I would love to talk to Michael. My goodness there is still so much to say and learn about all of you!" Diane said with a laugh.

"We have the rest of our lives to do that." Isabel smiled, beyond happy to have her mom to really talk to finally.

"Now, where is that adorable Alex of yours?" Diane laughed to lighten the mood. Diane smiled seeing how her daughter just glowed when Alex was mentioned. She had a lot to thank Alex for. Her daughter had always been distant with people, even when she dated all the time and went out with friends, but now, with Alex, her daughter was calmer and trusted easier and was really happy.

The doorbell rang just then and Isabel lit up. "That should be him!" she grinned and raced to the door. She threw it open and her ecstatic face made Alex smile wildly and then she threw herself into his arms and laughed from pure happiness.

Alex smiled and looked past Isabel who was in his arms, and saw her mom smiling and standing in the hallway with tears in her own eyes as well.

"I have a lot to thank you for Alex Whitman." Diane said warmly.

"Ah...I think I have a lot to thank you for too Mrs. Evans." Alex smiled back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Max and Liz were snuggled together on the lounge chair on her balcony looking up at the stars and just enjoying being together.

"So you aren't going to even sleep beside me this next week?" Liz pouted, snuggling deeper into Max's arms.

Max laughed. "Yeah right! Like I could trust you. Look what you did to me this afternoon! You teased me till I caved. But we are going to wait this one week Liz. And the only way is if I stay in my own bed."

"Me too. My own, cold, lonely bed." Liz sighed and turned a little bit more towards Max and nipped gently at his chest and neck, where it was unbuttoned.

Max laughed at her antics. He loved her with all his heart. And he was actually amused to see what she would try next, to get him to give in. With a wicked grin he cupped her chin and raised her face gently up to his. Their lips met and clung in long slow kisses that deepened more and more as they continued to kiss.

"I love your lips." Liz whispered in between kisses, then took her tongue and licked his bottom lip before sucking it back into her mouth. Max moaned and held her closer, turning her into his body more.

He knew if he continued too much longer he wouldn't be able to stop. Slowly, he released her mouth and taking deep breaths, he tucked her head under his chin and rested his lips against her soft hair. He smiled again when Liz kissed his chest where his shirt was open, but he just held her close.

"You sure you don't want to spend the night? We could take a shower." Liz whispered against his throat.

Max chuckled but shifted Liz gently out of his arms and stood up looking down at her. He leaned down, kissing her once more. "Good night Liz. Goodnight my babies." He whispered then turned toward the ladder.

"If you stayed and we showered together you could wash the babies again?" Liz said softly and with a smile.

Max froze in place and took a deep breath.

Liz grinned. She remembered how last time they had showered together how he had gotten down on his knees with the soap and had rubbed it over her tummy saying he was washing the babies. Liz had been torn between crying and laughing when he'd done that, but now she looked forward to it.

Max knew Liz had said the one thing that could make him stop. But he laughed and turned to her again, his eyes warm and filled with heat. "I love you Liz Parker." He said and then flew down the ladder like someone was chasing him.

Liz frowned, then sighed and smiled. "I love you too Max Evans, you stubborn man you!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria gave up trying to sleep and quietly slipped out of Michael's arms and out of his bed.

She walked over to the window in his apartment and looked up at the night sky. No longer did she fear the sky and what it used to mean to her. She used to think that the sky would someday take Michael from her. But now she knew that wouldn't happen.

She smiled, but sighed as well. She was afraid for a different reason. She didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. Everyone else knew, and had plans, and Maria had none. Everyone kept telling her that it would come to her, but she was worried of when this might be?

Years from now? Months from now, after everyone had gone off to do their own thing? She didn't know. She knew Michael wanted to go help out at Jordan's ranch. But what could she do? She bit her lip. She had no idea.

Large, warm strong arms surrounded her and she smiled and leaned back against Michael's chest.

He leaned his head next to hers and kissed her hair. "I know you will find what's right for you Maria. And it will be with me no matter what it is. I'm not leaving you here. Our future IS together Maria, you have to know that no matter what." He whispered in her ear and ran a hand down her short blond hair soothingly.

Maria couldn't help but let the tears fill her eyes. Michael was there for her. He wouldn't leave her. And she wouldn't let him down either. She would find her way. She knew it. She just had to give it some time.

"I love you Maria. You are my life." Michael sighed and turned her around in his arms and captured her mouth.

Maria let all thoughts and worries leave her for now, as she enjoyed Michael's loving. She would worry about her future and preparing for the two weddings tomorrow. Tonight she would only focus on Michael.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9a
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.