FanFic - Max/Liz
"Change"
Part 12
by Anne
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of the characters. I have no affiliation with the WB Television Network or the Author, Melinda Metz.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Michael and Maria's House --

It is a solemn group sitting around the living room tonight. No one has much to say at first. They are all still trying to overcome the emotional steamroller that had run over them. The evening's events had been . . . disturbing in the extreme sense of the word. Max has Liz practically chained to his side. Michael is still holding Maria; a position she hasn't left since he scooped her up in the parking lot. She rode home on his lap and he carried her in the house and sat down with her still on his lap. Alex has his arm around Isabel and can't take his eyes off her. He just wants to keep reassuring himself that she is o.k. Every once in a while, Michael takes a break from staring at Maria, and lets his head fall onto the back of the couch, closing his eyes to rest them for a moment. This is usually accompanied by atleast one heartfelt, verbal, "Jesus." Liz is casting extremely worried glances in Max's direction. He hadn't said a word the whole way home. The poor guy. Liz alternately feels sorry for Max and grateful for having escaped the whole debacle unscathed. The girls seem to recover first and finally find their voices.

Maria: "That's a handy little trick you got there, Liz."

Isabel looks up from the floor and over at Maria. Finally, she turns her attention to Liz.

Isabel: "Did you mean to do it, Liz, or did it just happen?"

Liz: (quietly) "I'm not totally sure, but I think I meant to do it."

Maria: "But how?" "That's not exactly telepathy, Liz."

Liz: "I know. It must be because of the baby . . . "

Michael: "But, you're not sure if you meant to do it or not."

Liz: "Not a hundred percent, no."

Alex: "Can you control it, or will anybody that touches you get zapped?"

Liz: "Well, Isabel and Maria were touching me when it happened and they were fine. It didn't seem to have any affect on you guys either."

Michael: "The only one of us who touched you was Max."

Liz: "That's true, but I've been pregnant for nine weeks, and lots of people have touched me, at least casually, during that time."

Alex: "But what if this is something that just started tonight, and is going to continue? You can't just go around shocking people like that."

Liz: "Well . . . what do you suggest? A test?"

Alex: "Oh no. Not me. No way. I saw what you did to that guy. Thank you very much, but . . . no."

Max: (sounding a little hoarse from going so long without speaking) "Alex, I know it's a lot to ask, but we need to know. Michael can't do it, because then we still wouldn't know for sure, since he's . . ."

Alex: (quiet for a few minutes) "I cannot believe the things that I do for you girls." (gets up and walks over to Liz) "Well, at least you aren't glowing, maybe . . . " (He reaches out his hand and touches her arm.)

Everyone lets out the breath they were holding. Nothing. Not even a spark. Liz closes her eyes in relief. Max sits back and relaxes a little for the first time since all this started.

Isabel: (looking around the group) "It's getting late . . . maybe we should call it a night and get some rest. Tomorrow's a big day."

Maria: (teasingly to Michael) "Are you going to let me walk to the bedroom?"

Michael: (totally serious) "I don't think so." (stands up and carries her to the bedroom)

Alex and Isabel look at each other and just smile at Michael's attitude.

Isabel: "Max . . . Alex and I are going to take the floor tonight. You guys take the bedroom."

Max: "Thanks, Is."

Isabel: "No problem."

Max stands up pulling Liz up beside him, and they make their way to the bedroom.

Once inside the bedroom and behind a closed door, Max pulls Liz into a hug and tilts her face up so he can see her eyes. Liz isn't really sure what to do for him right now, but she doesn't like the fear she can still see on his face. She makes up her mind to see what she can do to banish it.

Liz: (quietly) "What can I do, Max?"

Max: (shaking his head a little) "Never be out of my sight again?"

Liz: (He looked so hopeful that Liz couldn't stand to point out the obvious to him right now.) "If that's what you want, o.k."

Max: "That was easy . . . too easy." "I think I just want to hold you for a minute . . . or an hour . . . or forever." "I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight at all." (said with a grimace)

Liz: (smiling) O.k."

Max: (confused) "O.k?"

Liz: "Yeah . . . sounds good to me."

Max: "That's not exactly what I meant."

Liz: "I know . . . but, still . . . "

Max: "You are so incredibly sexy . . . "

Liz: (laughing a little) "Me? Sexy?"

Max: "Trust me . . . if this gets any worse, I'm going to be institutionalized."

Liz: "You are the one that's sexy. It's all your fault, if I can't think about anything else except getting in your pants." (unfastening his pants)

Max: (sucking in his breath) "I was so afraid for you tonight." "I knew you were in trouble, and I was afraid I was going to be too late."

Liz: (unbuttoning his shirt): "I wasn't afraid. I knew you were coming and that you were close."

Max: "I don't think I ever want to feel like that again."

Liz: (teasing) "Well, darn. There goes our girls' night out once a month."

Max's face visibly paled.

Liz: "I'm so sorry, baby. I was just kidding." "And here I was trying to make you feel better and forget all about it."

Max: (brightening) "I'm o.k."

Liz: (flirty) "Are you sure? Because, I was prepared to do just about anything to help."

Max: (unzipping her dress in the back) "Anything?"

Liz: (smiling) "Quite possibly, yes." (stepping out of the dress)

Max: "The mind reels . . . "

Liz: (mischievious) "It should . . ." "You might want to sit down . . ."

Max: (confused) "Why?"

Liz: (pushing him back into a chair) "I've been thinking about this all day . . . " (dropping to her knees)

Max: "Liz?" . . .

Liz: (looking up at him) "Shhh."

Liz's eyes fall back down on his lap, and Max would swear that he can actually feel her staring at him. He wondered for a second if she was a sorceress who had just been masquerading as a normal girl all these years. This just couldn't be ordinary. With every passing day, the intensity of their connection only increased. She was coming closer to him now and he could feel her breath on his skin. He had always wanted her, loved her to the exclusion of rational thought, but when he was faced with the way she wanted him . . . Sometimes, it was shattering--like being destroyed and then put back together again with subtle differences here and there that only brought him more under her spell. He could feel her feelings and her desires and her thoughts, and right now, they were all focused on him. She licked her lips, and he felt it all the way to his soul. Liz didn't understand herself anymore. She just couldn't help it. She felt as if her body were on fire all the time, but it wasn't even that really. It was the fire in her heart that drove her to do things that she never would've believed she was capable of. Everything about him fascinated her. She ran her tongue all around him, loving the way he smelled . . . the way he tasted. Max ran his hand down the back of her head, all the way down the length of her hair, and closed his eyes. One sort of tension was being replaced by another. All the fear was quickly being swept away by the raging desire he had for this tiny, unearthly being. He was just sure that if he looked closely, he'd no doubt discover her wings one day. After all, supernatural, mythical creatures always had wings, didn't they? Liz interrupted his musings just then when she grazed him with her teeth. He couldn't believe he was still in the chair. He felt his whole body levitate straight upward. She closed her mouth over him, and Max didn't have another coherent thought.

----------------------------------

Michael is watching Maria getting ready for bed, and thinking that he really hadn't been ready to let her go just yet. Unfortunately, she had insisted that he put her down. He was still thanking every providence he could think of for the divine intervention that had kept her safe tonight. Tomorrow she would be his wife. Amazing. He walked over to the CD player and turned it on.

Michael: "Maria."

Maria: "What?"

Michael: "Come here."

Maria: (walking across the room and stopping front of him) "What d'ya want?"

Michael: (smiling down at her) "Besides you?"

Maria: (rolling her eyes) "Of course . . . yes, besides me."

Michael: (serious) "I want you to dance with me."

Maria: (suspicious) "What? . . ."

Michael: "Please."

Maria: (melting) "Alright."

Michael turns on the music, and pulls Maria into his arms, and as they start dancing, she hears the words to the song, and begins to understand.

Baby, I've been searching like everybody else . . .
can't say nothing different about myself . . .
Sometimes, I'm an angel and sometimes I'm cruel . . .
But when it comes to love, I'm just another fool.

Michael: "Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Maria: "Absolutely." "Isabel is a genius."

Michael: "Good."

Yes, I'll climb a mountain
I'm gonna swim the sea . . .
There ain't no act of God girl
could keep you safe from me . . .
My arms are reaching out
out across this canyon
I'm asking you to be my true companion

Maria: (tears forming in her eyes) "Michael, where did you find this song?"

Michael: "I bought it for you . . . it's sort of a wedding gift."

Maria: "It's beautiful."

Michael: "It's how I feel about you, and I just wanted you to know."

Maria can't believe what she's hearing. This was her Michael . . . letting her in, and making a place for her in his heart. She couldn't help the tears, but she dashed them away quickly so she could hear the rest of the song.

So don't you dare and try to walk away
I've got my heart set on our wedding day.
I've got this vision of a, girl, in white.
Made my decision that it's you allright.
And when I take your hand,
I'll watch my heart set sail . . .
I'll take my trembling fingers, and I'll
lift up your veil. Then I'll take you home . . .
And with wild abandon
Make love to you just like a true companion.
You are my true companion.
-Marc Cohn

Maria: (sniffling a little and wiping away more tears) "I love this. I love you."

Michael: (smiling) "I love you, too."

Maria: "I'm going to ask Is, to make sure they play this tomorrow at the reception."

Michael: "Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

Maria: "No. I guess I should be, but I'm not. I just wish . . ."

Michael (understanding completely): "I know, baby. She'll be there tomorrow . . . you know that."

Maria: "I know. I just wish I could've held her hand and watched her run around like crazy checking on every little detail."

Michael: "You can hold my hand."

Maria: (staring into his face) "I don't know what's come over you, but . . . I like it."

Michael: (feeling a little too vulnerable, retreats a bit) "You scared the hell out of me, that's what!"

Maria: (smiling) "I'll have to do it more often."

Michael (looking exasperated): "Have a little mercy, Maria. You almost killed me tonight."

Maria: "You're looking pretty good for a near corpse."

Michael: "Yeah?"

Maria: "Yeah."

He lowers his head and kisses her soundly.

---------------------------

Alex: "Don't ever put me through anything like this again, Evans."

Isabel: (smiling) "O.k., Whitman."

Alex: "Good night, Isabel."

Isabel: "Good night, Alex."

MICHAEL AND MARIA'S WEDDING DAY --

The sun came up on a beautiful October morning in Roswell, New Mexico. It was clear and cool outside, when Liz went out for her early morning meditation. She never could quite get over how peaceful she felt afterwards. It made right out of wrong. The scary parts of last night had all faded to the farthest reaches of her mind now, and all she remembered at this point was the way she and Max made love. She made her way back into the house and down the hall to the bedroom. He was still sleeping, and she was glad. He had been through a lot last night. She had, too, but not like him. She slid back under the covers and lifting up his arm, she let it fall back down over her. They were both lying on their sides and facing each other. She pressed her nose up under his chin and kissed him lightly, and was just thinking about going back to sleep, when she felt him wake up. She pulled back to look into his face.

Liz: "Good morning. I'm sorry I woke you up."

Max: (smiling a very sleepy, sexy smile) "I'm not . . ."

Liz: "You are looking . . . better this morning."

Max: (chuckling) "As if you expected anything else."

Liz: (smiling) "Well . . . I wasn't sure . . . "

Max: "Hah! I don't believe that for a second. You were very . . . thorough."

Liz: (flirty) "Are you sure? I was hoping that maybe there was something I missed."

Max: (serious again) "How are you? How do you feel today?"

Liz: "I'm wonderful. I'm ready to walk down the aisle . . . again."

Max: "I can't wait to see that."

Liz: "Save me a dance?"

Max: (frowning a little) "Just one?"

Liz smiles up at him, and then very quickly she is swamped with an intense need to hold him inside her.

Liz: (totally serious now) "Max . . .

Max pulls her under him and brings his mouth down on hers. He already knew what she was feeling without her even having to tell him. Liz felt the bottom falling out of her stomach at the feel of him pressing her down into the mattress. With her eyes closed, she could feel so much more intently. His breath on her face felt so warm, and his tongue in her mouth felt so hot and wet. Every time he moved over her, she felt that falling sensation again, and heat flooded her body. Her mind wandered to last night and how sweet it had been to hold him in her mouth and . . .

Max: (pulling back from her and choking out the word) "Liz!"

Liz: (missing his mouth on hers) "What?"

Max: (sliding into her quickly and deeply) "Nothing . . . just, last night . . ."

Liz: (purring) "I know . . . I was just thinking about that."

Max: (strangled) "I know!"

Liz: (smiling) "Oh."

Liz is thinking that this whole mind connection thing has limitless possiblities. She decides to try a little test. Now that he was inside her, she could relax just a little. This craving for him was getting more intense with every passing day. He felt so good . . . He was kissing her again now, and she pulled his tongue deeper into her mouth and kept up the pressure for a few moments. The rhythm of their bodies distracted her for a second, but then she remembered what it was she had meant to do. As she sucked on his tongue, she thought about last night and sucking on . . .

Max: (groaning and pushing into her much harder than before) "Liz . . . you did that on purpose."

Liz: "Why yes, I believe I did." "It has an interesting affect on you."

Max: (pulling out of her and flipping her over on her belly) "You should be careful."

Liz: (gasping as he entered her again and pressed her down on to his hand) "Why?"

Max: "You aren't the only one with a good imagination." (moving his fingers in a pattern under her)

Liz's lower body flooded with heat and she felt swollen and impossibly full. She didn't want to think about last night anymore. The present was suddenly much more appealing. In fact, If this got any better, she didn't know how they'd ever get out of bed again. Liz dug her fingernails into the mattress and pushed into Max's hand as he moved into her harder and faster. She felt her muscles tightening in anticipation, and then Max was pouring into her, and she couldn't hold on another second. He was heavy on top of her and it felt so wonderful that she wished they didn't have to get up. She stretched like a cat underneath him, and he lifted just enough so that she could roll over. He had a ridiculously smug expression on his face.

Liz: "Don't think that this makes us even. Close, but not even."

Max: (laughing) "You little tyrant!"

Liz: (adoringly) "What do you have to do today?"

Max: "You mean besides step into a phone booth and turn into superman?"

Liz: "I thought you already did."

Max: (kissing the tip of her nose) "I'm generally going to be at Isabel's beck and call for the day, it looks like." "Threre's no telling where I'll end up."

Liz: "Well, at least I know I'll see you at the wedding." "I think we better get going."

Max: "You're probably right." (getting up and then helping Liz up, too)

Max walks across the room and steps into the bathroom to turn on the shower. When he comes back, he sees Liz slumped back on the bed looking like she'd gone back to sleep.

Max: "Hey! No time for that now, sleepyhead." (laughing)

No response. Was she teasing him? He stepped up to the bed, waiting for her to bounce up any second, but she didn't. He came back down on the bed beside her, and gently pulled her into his arms. He no sooner touched her, than his mind exploded into intense color. In a moment the vision became clear, and he saw Liz and himself . . . and a baby, their baby. He couldn't breathe. Oh God. She was beautiful. Dark Hair, dark eyes, and so very, very tiny. Liz was laughing hysterically, and he was sopping wet. It was bath time, and Liz was trying to show him how to give a baby a bath. It was harder than it looked. He came back to reality abruptly. Liz stirred in his arms and he bent down and kissed her gently. He pulled back and opened his eyes. Her eyes were already open and searching his to see if he had seen their daughter.

Max: (a little hoarse) "I saw her."

Liz: (smiling up at him) "She was so tiny, Max." "What if . . . ?"

Max: (interrupting) "You will be a wonderful mother, Liz."

Liz: (brightening) "And you are going to be a very sweet Daddy."

Max: (rueful) "A very sweet, very wet Daddy."

Liz laughed and knew that she would be thinking about seeing Max all wet and soapy and trying so hard to give his daughter a bath for the rest of the day.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.