FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Congratulations"
Part
by NolaDarling
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, I'm just borrowing them for this story, I promise to return them
Summary: Alternate Universe (no aliens, no powers) based on the movie The Best Man, with a twist. Max and Isabel are still brother and sister so are Tess and Michael. They all grew up together. Max, Michael, Kyle and Alex were all best friends in college. Maria and Michael are getting married. Tess and Maria became best friends in college and she is Maria’s maid of honor. Max is with Liz but she doesn't know the others. I don’t want to give it away to much, just a little background for the readers who have not seen the movie.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: There is a smidge of UC. I'm not a UC fan so there's not much. Thank you to Meagan for beta reading this for me. And to my Candy sisters JO, Ramona, Mary, Christina, Arielle, Ianthe you chicas rock!!!
Max was on his way home from a very busy day of trying to get his new book published. Liz had called him on his cell earlier and said she needed to borrow his kitchen because her oven had broke and she needed to work on some dishes for a party she was catering.

When Max arrived home he found that his living room and kitchen had been totally rearranged. This is one of the reasons why he was so afraid of commitment. He and Liz had been dating for about two years now and he did love her. But he was a total control freak and could not even imagine the thought of Liz moving in and changing the way he lived. He always put his work first and sometimes it would really upset Liz, but deep down she knew he loved her and thought she could change him.

“Hey you,” Liz said and ran up to him for a big hug n kiss.

“Hey yourself,” Max said looking around with a dazed and confused expression.

“What’s the matter?" Liz said as she studied his eyes with concern.

“Oh...uh I was just wondering if Martha Stewart had stopped by,” he joked but with seriousness.

“Oh...honey I’m sorry I just needed some more room for all the groceries....stop being such a sour puss and gimme a kiss."

“So, what are you cooking?"

"Well I'm kinda experimenting now....but this is what I came up with so far," Liz said and dipped the spoon in the pot and put it to Max's mouth for him to taste.

"Mmmmm....kinda spicy, what is it?" Max inquired.

"Well it's mango pecan remoulade to put over the stuffed shrimp with crab meat and salmon.

"Mmm interesting."

"I'm so sorry I can't come up and spend the weekend with you, but I really need to finish this catering job if I want to be there for the wedding Sunday."

"I know sweetie, it's ok. I'll see you early on Sunday though, right?"

"Of course."

Max went over to the table and sat down, "Guess what?" he asked.

"What?"

"I found a publisher for my book."

"Oh baby I'm so proud of you," Liz said as she jumped in his arms for a big juicy kiss. "Ooh maybe we should make the best of the rest of tonight since you're leaving in the morning," Liz said as she planted kisses all over Max's face."

"Whatever you say, you're every wish is my command," Max said as he scooped Liz up in his arms and carried her to the bathroom.

"Baby I need to turn the stove off before..."Liz tried to say as they struggled to rip each other's clothes off.

Max walked back into the kitchen still holding Liz and turned the stove off. "Wait, what about the oven?"

Liz giggled and Max pouted and turned back around to go turn the oven off. "Anything else Julia?" Max teased.

"Julia huh....more like Vanessa," Liz whispered as she stuck her tongue in Max's ear.

"My very own porn queen....mmm you bad bad girl."

*~*~*~*

"Mmmm...I could be like this forever with you, you know?" Liz said as she caressed his chest and rubbed the rose scented water on his body in the bathtub. Max looked up at Liz with wide eyes like a scared little boy. Max did love Liz but was not sure that he wanted to be tied down to just one person. He could feel her getting pretty antsy lately regarding love and marriage. Max had serious issues about commitment. When it came to discussing their relationship he mostly stuck to one-word answers and didn't dwell on it too much. And he knew at some point it would blow up in his face.

"I mean like this holding you and loving you, Paranoid Floyd, dang. What is with you and commitment."

"You know I have a hard time discussing this."

"Why is that? I mean we have been together for almost 2 years now and you never want to seem to discuss it. Don't you love me?"

"Of course I love you, it's just...I'm not ready for all this right now....I need to focus on my work."

"And what am I supposed to do."

"Do what you've been doing, be there for me and support me."

"You know I always will support you, but this isn't just about you, it's us now. And if you can't see it that way then maybe we should quit wasting each other's time," Liz said and pushed Max up and got out the tub.

"Liz baby...wait, that's not what I meant....shit...."

'Damn this is gonna be harder than I thought,' Max said to himself.

Index | Part 1
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.