FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Congratulations"
Part 2
by NolaDarling
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, I'm just borrowing them for this story, I promise to return them
Summary: Alternate Universe (no aliens, no powers) based on the movie The Best Man, with a twist. Max and Isabel are still brother and sister so are Tess and Michael. They all grew up together. Max, Michael, Kyle and Alex were all best friends in college. Maria and Michael are getting married. Tess and Maria became best friends in college and she is Maria’s maid of honor. Max is with Liz but she doesn't know the others. I don’t want to give it away to much, just a little background for the readers who have not seen the movie.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: There is a smidge of UC. I'm not a UC fan so there's not much. Thank you to Meagan for beta reading this for me. And to my Candy sisters JO, Ramona, Mary, Christina, Arielle, Ianthe you chicas rock!!!
When Max arrived at JFK Alex was already there waiting. "Max over here."

"Alex, my future brother in law, how are you man, long time no see," Max said as they slapped hands and gave each other the signature guy hug.

"Good, how bout you?"

"Living man, trying to make a living."

They got all of Max's luggage and got in Alex's car.

"So how have you been man, how's the teaching going?"

"Stressful as hell. You know I found a gun in one of my students book bag."

"WHAT? Alex I told you. You shouldn't even be there. Didn't that firm offer you a six figure salary?"

"Yea...but you know...that's just not what I'm feeling right now. You know...I wanna help these kids, they need my help and guidance."

"Yea well I just hope you can before you get yourself shot," Max said playfully but was dead serious. "But anyway, how's my baby sister?"

"Your baby sister," Alex said in a 'yea right' kind of tone. "You know man, after all these years with your sister, I still can't seem to do anything right. And she's just as bossy and controlling as ever."

"That's nothing new. So why do you put up with it?"

"Well you know....we've been together forever, and I do love her....but, GOD she's a handful. I don't know how I lasted this long."

"Maybe she wants to get married. I mean we all thought you two would be the first to get hitched," Max smirked kind of trying to hint to Alex.

"That's not it man. I mean between me and you.....I've proposed twice already," Alex put up two fingers and whispered as if anyone else could hear being that only he and Max were in the car.

"And she said no?"

"What do you think? Have you gotten an invitation yet?" Alex said sarcastically. "You know your sister man. What am I saying," Alex hit his hand on his forehead as if to say duhh. "You described her to a "T" in you book," Alex blurted and shook his head hoping Max hadn't heard that, but he knew he had. 'Damn Alex there you go flapping your big mouth again' Alex thought hitting the steering wheel. 'I didn't mean for that to come out' his other voice said and his facial expression showing everything he was thinking.

Max's eyes looked as if they were gonna fall out of his head. "What do you mean, 'MY BOOK'?" Max said with a clenched jaw.

"Did I say your book? What I meant was...." Alex tried to smile and play it off stumbling over the non words "uhh....I meant....you know..." 'Oh shit Alex you really did it this time'. "Not that I read your book...." 'ok now would be the time to just shut up Alex.'

"You read my book????" Max asked as the steam was now coming from his ears.

"How the hell did you get my book Alex?"

"I....I.....I don't have your book.....Tesshasyourbook," Alex mumbled all together in one breath.

"WHAT?" Max shouted.

"Tess. Has. Your. Book" Alex said, while bracing himself for Max's reaction.

"TESS, how the hell did she...."

Max just stopped talking and clenched his jaw and thought 'shit, Tess of all people. Maria's maid of honor, Michael's sister she wouldn't,' Max said to himself. 'Or would she? No she wouldn't spoil this weekend for her brother and best friend for my idiotic behavior.....would she'?.............

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.