FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Duplicity"
Part 7a
by Sineya
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Summary: (Liz takes Tess’ place as the fourth alien.) If the other three Roswellians are her true family, then why is she so different? When duplicated versions of Michael, Max, and Isabel end up in Roswell years later, Liz’s questions are answered.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: I started this story a long time ago, but never finished. Then I read DM’’s, The Secret of Zan, and got inspired. I'd also like to state, I love Max beyond a shadow of a doubt, but Zan...ooooooh.
Liz woke up screaming.

Zan’s name erupting from her lips. She needed him so badly, her soul felt like someone was continuously stabbing it with a pitchfork. She was filled with emptiness, more so than ever.

Was this Zan’s influence?

Had she been so wrapped up, and content with him in just a dream, that when reality burst upon her she couldn’t handle it?

He was drug. An addiction. She needed to find an alien rehab clinic to purge these feelings out of her. She shouldn’t want to feel this, she shouldn’t need to ache for him.

But she did.

Shivers ran down her spine, her body chilled to the core. She was literally shaking with want.

Going through Zan withdrawals.

Her ears picked up a distant sound of the creaking door. *Them....* Her mind whispered, quiet in her foggy mind.

*They want to take him away.....* She could hear ghosts as they passed throughout her mind.

"Liz?"Michael’s concerned tone made little impact on her present state. She looked up, her eyes completely white as she whispered the same word repeatedly.

"Zan, Zan, Zan, Zan, Zan,Zan...."Her voice trailed off, incoherent mumbles spewing forth.

Michael lifted her up, shaking her shoulders roughly."Lizzie, honey–what’s wrong?"She kept rocking in his arms. Her voice suddenly became louder, she screamed loudly.

"Zan, Max, Eilis, Liz, Zan, Max, Eilis, Liz...."Her screams were harsh, and her eyes wild as they frantically stared around the room. She yanked herself out of Michael’s arms, jumping foreword.

Straight into Max’s arms.

She looked up at him, eyes fading brightening to red. She clutched his shirt between her fingers, bunching the cotton in her hands. More words spewed from her mouth.

"The first King gets the Queen first. First, last King is he."Her tone was now eerily silent."The last King gets his Queen first. Last, first he shall be." Her head was thrown back as she chanted softly."Queen, Queen gets King, she is sewed together at the seams."

She fell kneeling at Max’s feet, her arms dangling at her sides. Her eyes now fading to a their chocolate brown.

"She is one and one is she.....

Together they cannot succeed....

Apart some time they will be...

Till they have met separately."

Her eyes rolled back into her head, as she passed out after she breathed the last word.

Max rushed down, and odd tenderness flowing through him. She felt different, yet the same as always. He reached out his hands, trying to heal her jumbled mind. He was only able to pass along a smidgen of his strength when she regained consciousness.

Her eyes opened slowly, and she stared at them all.

"Granolith–take me there" Her voice was gravely, and thick before she passed out once more.

He glanced up at Michael, who was near tears.

"We need to get her there soon.

Michael nodded hurriedly, and leaned down to take Liz in his arms. Max grabbed his coat, and followed everyone out.

The Dupes were put on the back burner.

Healing Liz was their first priority.

Part 6 | Index | Part 7b
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.