FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 11
by Mary N.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, but I wish I did! But the ideas for this story are mine.
Summary: This is primarily a Max and Liz story, but it includes all of the characters, and more than likely a few of my own invention. It starts in the cave after Nasedo/Peirce leaves in Destiny. The pod squad tries to active the orbs, but nothing happens, which means Liz never walks a way. To find out what they do learn who they are you'll have to read my story. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to leave me your thoughts if you want me to continue this.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: The original idea for this story was sent to me by a friend, but it has taken on a life of its own and headed into a new direction.
Half awake, Isabel rolled over in her bed and covered her head with her pillow trying to block out the sounds that disturbed her sleep, but to her dismay it didn't work. She climbed out of bed, determined to make Max to turn his radio down. As she crossed the hallway to his door she was surprised to hear that the radio wasn't the only sound she could hear coming from his room. Realizing what the noises meant, she quickly covered her mouth in shock as she gasped at the realization, and shook free of the images of Max and Liz together that entered her mind.

She looked down the hall, and is relieved her parent's door is closed. If had not been, she is sure they would have come to investigate the noises for themselves. Isabel shook her head from side to side as her thoughts took over, * I can't believe those two. I always knew that Liz would be the one to make Max lose control some day, and I knew when it happened that it would be in some big way. But for goodness sakes, do they have to be so loud about it, and with our parents here no less. Max must not be using his brain, because he sure isn't thinking very clearly. I wonder if I should knock on his door and tell them to quiet down, or tell Liz she needs to go home before they get caught or someone at her house notices she's missing?*

Isabel raises her fist to the door preparing to knock, and then lower it. *If I do this, and they are having more visions, I would be interrupting what Liz is seeing, and who knows what information would be lost. Only lost for a short time though. I'm sure she would still see something, and it would serve them right for being so careless. Not to mention disturbing my beauty rest.* She brings her fist to the door again, only to change her mind once again. *No, a fright like this, if they are ‘doing it,' could cause a set back in the vision department for a good long time. Besides, I don't need the embarrassment of having to be the one telling them to put their clothes back on.*

Isabel decides to head back to her room, wanting to get as far away from the moaning and groaning seeping through the door as possible. However, she leaves her door open so that she can listen for her parents if they should decide to investigate, and yet still be close enough to listen for their parents. She should leave their room, incase she needs to run some form of interference.

As Max and Liz call out each other's names in pleasure, Isabel groans in agony and disgust. She can't stand one more second, and praying that her torture is over. At the same time praying she is praying that her parent didn't hear them, and wonder how they could have missed it and prepares herself for their inevitable charge for Max's room. She is stunned beyond belief when they never emerge.

*~*~*

(Beginning shortly after Liz climbed into Max's window.)

Outside the Evans's home, stands a dark haired, dark complected man. In the shadow it's hard to tell if he is of Mexican or Native American descent. He is being very cautious to stay within the shadows as he has always done. He followed Liz here from her home above the Crashdown Cafe, hoping tonight would be the night. He knows not to get his hope up, as he had done when the truth seer first began to reveal it's secrets.

Then came the delay, the arrival of the fourth and almost ruined everything, so it appeared. Both she and her protector had misinterpreted hers and Max's relationship. Yes, they were meant to be together, but as brother and sister as they had been born. As were the twins meant to be. Believing she was to be his mate, caused friction among the first two. The leader and the mate the truth seer foretold of. Thus, causing a delay in the messages and the ability of the truth seer to communicate with them.

The man takes a small container from his pocket and shakes two of its contents into his mouth. *How could the fourth have been so misinformed, to believe that her brother was to be hers in such a manner? Their protector has done much damage here, it is up to the truth seer to mend that damage and make things clear. Unfortunately, that takes more of their precious time, and they have so little to prepare. I can only hope that tonight the first ones will begin their path to the truth. Not the truth of our people, or the reason our people believed the Truth seer selected these four, but the true reason for her demand.*

The Man makes his way around the house to Diana and Phillip's window. *If tonight is to be the night, I can offer one small gift to prevent its demise.* With a wave of his hand he places a sleepy haze over the sleeping adults. Knowing that they will not interfere, he makes his way back to the shadows to wait for the night's event to unfold.

A pleased smile creeps over his face. *Tonight is the night.*

*~*~*

After their vision, Max and Liz laid beside each other staring into each other's eyes. Neither about to voice their thoughts of the things which they had just seen and felt.

Times passed slowly as they struggled to regain their voices, and now were to start. Liz understands the vision she had earlier more now after seeing these new flashes, and decides to start there. "Max, the vision I had before, when you touch the glowing mark on my stomach. It was in the same garden, the one with the circle. You, Tess, and your parents were there. You two weren't sharing an orb Max. And from what we just say, everything makes sense. Tess is your sister Max, not Isabel. In the vision Isabel and Michael were revealed to you. I think to say that they were your destiny." Max was going to interrupt, but Liz quickly stopped him by placing her hand over his lips. "I know, the other images we received showed that they were a part of your destiny. As is Maria, Alex, Kyle, and yes me. I really am your destiny." She finishes with a stream of happy tears running down her checks. They embraced each other letting the tears of joy flow freely. "I always knew you were the one for me." Max proclaims joyously.

Max and Liz cuddled in each other's arms enjoying the feeling of just being together as they discuss their vision. The times passes too quickly and they realize Liz needs to get home before her parents discover that she didn't sleep there all night. They agreed to shower separately, knowing that it wouldn't take much to distract them from what they need to be doing.

Max drove Liz home, and on the why they agreed that he would pick her up early for school. They shared a passionate kiss at the bottom of the fire escape before she climbed to her balcony above.

Neither noticing the dark figure hiding in the shadows watching them and their exchange as he always has. His smile as gentle as it had been that morning when he suggest that they needed to be heading home.

Part 10 | Index | Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.