FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 15
by Mary N.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, but I wish I did! But the ideas for this story are mine.
Summary: This is primarily a Max and Liz story, but it includes all of the characters, and more than likely a few of my own invention. It starts in the cave after Nasedo/Peirce leaves in Destiny. The pod squad tries to active the orbs, but nothing happens, which means Liz never walks a way. To find out what they do learn who they are you'll have to read my story. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to leave me your thoughts if you want me to continue this.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: The original idea for this story was sent to me by a friend, but it has taken on a life of its own and headed into a new direction.
Max tried not to laugh, but couldn't help himself. Liz's expression changed drastically, "Excuse me, exactly what did I say that you found so humorous?"

He managed to calm himself down after a few minutes and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry Liz, I'm just wondering if you know something I don't know."

"What are you talking about Max?"

"You said ‘they' Liz, and ‘our children'. Are you planning on having twins?"

"No of course not, you know what I meant." She stated playfully hitting him on the arm and rolling her eyes.

With the tension relieved, and their half naked bodies still so close to each other, things quickly heated back up between to two lovers, only to be interrupted once again. This time by the alarm on Max's watch. He slumped back into the seat and sighed. "I swear you are going to be the death of me."

"What was the alarm for?" She asked still half dazed with desire.

Max picked up her shirt and bra handing them back to her. "We can't be late for school today. Final Exam first period, remember?"

"Right. I have never been so happy about the school year coming to an end as I am this year. Just think only one more day after today."

~*~*~

Tess had been avoiding those she typically forced to accept her presence. Several times during the course of the day she found herself taking the long way to her next class, in the efforts of avoiding one of the group. She knew that they would all side with Max on the event of the night before, and she was in no mood to listen to another lecture about her behavior.

Avoiding Isabel, Michael, Max, and the human trio was the least of her problems. They seemed to be looking for her, but not to the extent that Kyle did. She sighed shaking her head as she approached her 5th period class. He was standing at the door to the class room as he had all of her classes today. *Doesn't he have anything better to do with his life than chase after me? Didn't he hear me, I'm not going to give up on my destiny just because he made feel. . . feel something, how do I explain how he made me feel? *

She approached the door intending to walk right past him, as she had every class today thus far. She was abruptly stopped when he grabbed her arm, causing her to stumble over her own feet, as he quickly pulled her away from the door, to the side.

Kyle's determination to get her to talk to him had increased during his last period. He wasn't going to let her walk away so easily this time. The sensations he felt when he was with Tess earlier, were different, more real than any he had ever experienced with the other girls he'd been with. When he touched her it was like magic. Even though he had been more physically intense with a few of them. "You can't keep ignoring me. ‘We' are going to talk."

Tess feels the same tingling sensation in her arms, that she felt before when Kyle touched her. She looked down at his hands, where he was still holding her arms. She wasn't sure if he was holding on to her because he doesn't want to let go, or if he's afraid that she would walk away from him. She pushes those feelings to the side replacing them with fury. Not wanting to draw further attention to herself or Kyle, she keeps her voice down, but the tone in her voice relays her anger sufficiently enough to make her point. "There is nothing left for us to talk about. I said all I had to say to you this morning."

Even though Kyle had only recently discovered their secret, and still didn't hangout with Tess and the others on a regular basis, he had still learned what Tess thought their destiny was. He would have to have been deaf not to have. It was such a sore spot for everyone except Tess, who pushed the issue every chance she got. He didn't know if she was right or wrong about their destiny. As he saw it, if destiny meant being with someone you did love, or that you couldn't be with the one person you wanted to be with, then destiny could take a flying leap out the window into moving traffic! No one, not even an alien race had the right to tell someone who they had to be with. With this in mind, he was determined not to let her deter him from his goal.

"Well I didn't, I have more I want to say to you. I may not know all there is to know about this destiny bull you keep talking about, and quiet frankly I don't give a %!#$%. As I see it, if you were destined to be with Max as you keep saying, then why is he so attracted to Liz? And why are you attracted to me." He could tell that she was about to deny it, but he knew better. It was obvious to him by the way she kissed him back earlier that she had felt something as well.

"Don't even try to deny it, I know what I felt, and I know you were feeling it too." He didn't want to say too much about what he felt, mostly because he didn't know exactly what it all meant. All he could say for sure was that this wasn't just about simple lust. He'd felt his fare share of lust, enough to know this was somehow more.

Tess was getting angrier by the second, and to even her own amazement she managed to keep her voice down. "I don't have to stand here and listen to this Kyle. I have spent my entire life searching for Max, and hoping for the future we are supposed to have together. That future is the only thing that has made my life worth living. Knowing he was out there and that every time we had to pack up and move, it was bringing me one step closer to finding true happiness." She would never admit what thoughts followed that to Kyle or anyone else. *As I see it, I can still get Max back and have that happy life, nothing has changed. There have been a few setbacks, big ones granted, but setbacks none the less. All I have to do is get him to accept the truth and he will leave Liz on his own.*

Nothing, a big fat zero, nix, zilch, nil. You got it?" With that she pushed his arms aside and stomped off heading into the classroom.

Lost in his own thoughts, Kyle wondered, *Was I wrong? Did I read too much into the way she reacted to me? * He turned to watch her finish entering the through the door before stepping closer to the doorway, and observed her movements closely. *No, I didn't read more into it. *

Tess sat in her seat as she sat her books down. She looked down at one of her own arms, where Kyle's hand had held her, and she slowly traced the area with her own hand. Deep down she knew she had lied to him, she had felt something. However admitting to him, or even to herself, would have been too close to admitting that everything she had believed was a lie. She couldn't, or wouldn't give into those thoughts. She felt by doing so, she would be betraying everything, herself, Max, and her people. Those who had sent her to Earth for some purpose that she didn't even completely understand.

She felt Kyle's eyes watching her and quickly looked in his direction. He smiled smugly and nods his head up and down, before turning to head to his own class.

Isabel and Michael were also standing near Tess's classroom. After trying to catch up with her all day, to tell her about the meeting after school, they decided to corner her between the two of them. To their surprise, pleasant surprise might I add, they watched as Kyle pulled her to the side, not taking his hands from her arms.

After watching the exchange, Isabel turned to Michael with an all-knowing look on her face. "Looks like another couple I know. But in their case it Tess who is hiding behind a stone wall."

Max and Liz were both feeling overwhelmed by the need to be together. Max walked up behind Liz letting his eyes move up and down her sexy body as he approached. He was to the point of not caring what anyone thought, or saw. He wanted and needed Liz now.

She felt his eyes on her the moment he rounded the corner at the end of the hall. She was tempted to run in his direction, throwing herself into his arms. She groaned into her locker, and tried to push these feelings aside for the thousandth time today.

Once he reached his destination, he pressed himself up against her back as close as he possible could get, and ran his hands up her hips over her skirt. "Liz, I need. . . ."

She cut him off as she turned around in his grip. "I know, me too."

"The Eraser Room?" He asked already knowing her answer.

She didn't hesitate a moment before slamming her locker shut, and with a bright smile on her lips she answered. "Yeah, now!"

Max took hold of her hand leading her to the eraser room, but was stopped when he felt her pull back. Turning to look at her questioning her change of heart. He realized it wasn't her delaying at all. Maria had grabbed hold of her other hand and pulled her to a stop. Alex was shaking his finger back and forth at the two of them. "Not going to happen you two. You asked for our help, and that's exactly what you are going to get."

"If you aren't going to defend your virtues, then someone else has to do it for you." Declared Maria as she pulled Liz away from Max's grip. "But Maria you don't understand."

"Maybe I don't, but you two asked for our help. Now get to class and don't you let me catch you trying to sneak off with Mr. Wonderful again." She said with a light chuckle as she pushed Liz into her last period class.

"Don't even think about it Maxwell. Liz is off limits for the moment. You do have a class to attend, right?" Alex said pointing Max in the opposite direction from the way Maria took Liz. Max sighed in defeat and headed for class.

Part 14 | Index | Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.