FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 1
by Mary N.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, but I wish I did! But the ideas for this story are mine.
Summary: This is primarily a Max and Liz story, but it includes all of the characters, and more than likely a few of my own invention. It starts in the cave after Nasedo/Peirce leaves in Destiny. The pod squad tries to active the orbs, but nothing happens, which means Liz never walks a way. To find out what they do learn who they are you'll have to read my story. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to leave me your thoughts if you want me to continue this.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: The original idea for this story was sent to me by a friend, but it has taken on a life of its own and headed into a new direction.
They watched Nesado as he walks out of the cave, but quickly turned their attention to the ledge of their chambers where the two orbs were laid. Max wastes no time before walking the short distance to retrieve one of the orbs. "I want to know." He says while looking down at the object in his hand.

Max instinctively proceeds to walk past Michael and Isabel to stand next to Tess. Michael does the same and returns to Isabel's side. Together Max and Tess cup one orb in their hands, while Isabel and Michael do the same with the other. "Maybe if we just focus like Nesado's always said." Suggest Max. The four of them close their eyes and concentrate on the orbs while Liz watches on with worry.

She can't help the uneasy feeling that washes over her or the thoughts that have haunted her dreams. What if the orbs reveal that Max is to be with Tess, or that his destiny will somehow take the man of her dreams, the one that possesses her heart away from her. And now with the warning from Nesado, of another enemy that the orb could alert to their whereabouts. She sinks to the floor pulling her knees to her chest, and buries her face fighting back the tears that threaten to spill over.

Tess contemplates what actions she can take to make sure that Max becomes hers and he is destined to. She may be a little slow accepted the truth, but that doesn't mean that she is dumb. Quite the opposite she's very bright. *If I create an illusion, I could make them see what I want them to see, maybe a message about our destiny. No I better not, the risks of that back firing now are to high now that everyone in this room knows I can create illusions. Max and the others are already leery of me. The last thing I need now is to lose the little trust I have established over the last couple of days. I need to gain the confidence not lose it, especially now that Nesado has left me here alone. I know Max's idea was a good one and that Nesado was the only one that could pull it off, but at the same time, how could he just leave me like this. I have to figure out how to get Max, Isabel, and Michael to accept their destinies. I'll figure something out, I always get what I want, and Max Evans is no exception. It may take longer than I had hoped for, but Max will come around. And when he does, not even Liz Parker will be able to come in between us.*

They continue to focus on the orbs for another thirty minutes, forty-five minutes in all, Michael's frustration takes over and he and gives up. "Why can't we make these stupid things work!? We might as well call it quits, we're not going to get anywhere like this!" Michael was tempted to throw the orb, but thought the wiser of it and handed to Isabel before he had the chance to changed his mind and send it whirling against the wall of the cave.

"Maybe we're just not ready yet, like Nesado said." Offers Isabel as she reaches up to rests her hand on his shoulder, only to have it shrugged away. As disappointed as she feels, she can only imagine how Michael must feel. He has spent most of his life trying to find answers to way they are on Earth, and where home is. Here they all thought they were so close to finally having those answers, only to be disappointed again.

Max is also disappointed, but unlike the others, he is also relieved. *Thank goodness it didn't work. I don't know if I'm really ready for anymore mind blowing revelations today. I can't believe that I am actually the leader of this group. Truthful, in many ways I suppose I already knew that I was, but to have someone actually say it, wow. I suppose, not unlike Michael, I thought Nesado was to be our leader. How am I going to do this? The others are going to expect me to know what to do, it's a big responsibility that I wasn't prepared for. At least now I have some time to adjust before we find out anything more about why we are here, and what I'm supposed to be leading us to do. How could I have even suggest for us to activate the orbs now. Nesado warned us that there was a strong possibility our races enemies would be able to track it. I doubt any of us are ready for that. The bigger question would be, would we even know it they were are enemies, and how would they know who we are? An even bigger question is, are any of us really ready for whatever we might find out about ourselves, and how that might change our live?* It didn't take long for Max to run through these thoughts in his head, but he could tell the others were still wait for him to voice his opinion. "I think you're both right. I suggest we leave the orbs here in the cave where they will be safe, and try another time when our powers are stronger and more developed." Max tells them.

Liz, now standing quietly, breathes a sigh of relief. She knows one day her nightmares may come true, but for now she will still have Max, the love of her life, by her side, or will she? She wonders as she hears Tess asking, "What do we do until then Max? What about us? We're destined to be together, you and I." Her heart drops at those words, and she watches as Tess wrap her arm around Max, pressing her body tightly up against him.

Her heart rate quickens, and her soul light once again as Max pushes Tess a few steps back saying, "No Tess, I've told you, I'm with Liz." Max quickly walks to her side wrapping her gently in his arms, holding her as closely as possible. Liz pulls back only enough to allow herself to look lovingly into his handsome face, more precisely, into his soulful eyes. The love she sees there is undeniable. She can feel his lip curling up into his illustrious half smile. Her eyes drift from his eyes to his lips, hoping to catch a glimpse of the smile she treasures as if it were a rare and precious gift.

His smile is contagious, and Liz finds her own lips have curled up into a bright smile of her own. It's fascinating to her, that they always seem to have this reaction over each other. She then hears four simple words, which have grown to hold so much meaning to her, echoing throughout her body. "Liz, you're my destiny."

Standing there watching this scene as it unfolds, Tess's blood begins to boil. *How can he do this? He's making a big mistake, and wasting time he could be with me, with her, a human. You just wait Liz Parker, once we make the orbs work, I just know Max will understand that we are meant to be together. And if I have anything to say about it, that won't be that long from know. So enjoy it while you can, because he will know the truth soon enough, and then he will be mine forever.*

Not wanting to watch this scene any longer, Tess turns to face Michael and Isabel and smiles sweetly. *I know how to speed things up, Michael is probably the one holding us back. So, he's the one I'm going to have to work with the most, and there's no time like the present to start things rolling in my direction.*

"I'll do whatever I can to help you both develop you powers. Just let me know when you want to practice and I'll be there. Michael, if you'd like I'm willing to work extra hard with you. We can even start as soon as we get out of this place."

Michael and Isabel exchange curious looks, both wondering what Tess has up her sleeve.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.