FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 39
by Mary N
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Alex and Isabel were doing some heavy making out in their joined sleeping bags. Worried that he was moving to fast and would end up scaring Isabel away, Alex felt he had to do something to slowly things down. His first concern had always been making sure she knew he wanted to be with her because of who she is, not because of the way she looked. Most definitely not because he wanted to get her into bed, although he would like that to happen when they were both sure they were ready. The way he was feeling at that moment, he knew he had to something to cool off or they would be crossing that line into and intimate relationship whether they were ready or not.

On the other side of the coin he had to make sure that she knew he wasn't pulling away because he didn't want more. It had to be her choice and he wanted her making that choice with a clear head, and not solely based on lust. "Isabel Evans, will you dance with me?"

Isabel couldn't believe it, here she was, willing to show what had to be the sweetest, most wonderful guy in the world how much she loves him, and he wants to stop and dance. "There's no music Alex, beside I kind of like it right . . . ."

Alex cut her off before she had a chance to finish her sentence. He assumed she hadn't realized just how close he was to control and attacking her full force. He climbed out of the sleeping bag and held his hand out to her. "I can either turn on the radio, put in a CD, or we could make our own music."

Isabel didn't look to happy about it, but she agreed to dance with Alex. She took his hand and let him help her to her feet. They were standing beside the stereo, Alex was looking at the CD's on the shelf trying to find the right CD to put in. Isabel was looking toward that kitchen. "Alex, I'm going to grab something to drink, do you want anything?"

He pulled out a CD, holding it up for her to see. "Nah, I'm fine for now. How's Dido sound?"

"Sounds fine, put it in and I'll be right back." As she crossed the Threshold into the kitchen, she could the soft sound of music playing behind her. Alex had the stereo turned down so low she had to pay extra close attention to what song it was. She recognized the song as, "Thank you" almost immediately she smiled as she moved around the kitchen getting a glass of cherry Coke with tabasco sauce.

With her glass in hand, Isabel returning from the kitchen. She also had a puzzled expression on her face which Alex noticed right away. He was about to ask what was wrong when she answered his question with a question of her own. "Didn't Kyle and Tess go into the kitchen a little while ago? I mean, I was sure I'd seen them go in there, but I don't remember seeing them come out. Did you happen to see where they went?"

"I didn't even see them go into the kitchen, I was a little distracted if you remember correctly. The last time I remember seeing them, they were laying on there." Alex pointed to Tess's comforter and Kyle's sleeping bag. "Maybe Tess wanted to show Kyle something up stairs."

She shrugged it off, it really wasn't a big deal, she was just curious to where the two had disappeared to. "I guess."

Alex offered his hand, which she accepted graciously, and quickly found herself being pulled snugly against his chest. He began to lead her in a slow swaying motion that matched the tempo of the song floating in the air around them. They clung tightly to each other as they danced, their movements slowed, failing to adjust to the changing tempo as one song, as their lips met in a long tender kiss.

Intruding in the solitude of their moment, they heard faint cries coming from upstairs. Alex turned around and reached for the volume control and turned the music a little louder to drum out the offensive sounds. Wasting no time, he returned his lips to hers and lost himself in the sensations which they stirred in each other.

Their moment was spoiled yet again as the sound of a female voice screaming in pleasure rang loudly, drumming out the sound of stereo. They both stopped they action and stared up the stairs in disbelief. ~*~*~*~*~* Max and Liz finished taking a long, very long shower together and were finishing dressing to make an appearance down stairs when they heard someone screaming, "Yes, oh yes!" Max and Liz exchanged glances and burst out laughing at the awkwardness of the situation two of their friends were going to be finding themselves in. They both knew first hand how it was to have everyone know or at least suspecting what they'd been doing. But whoever was screaming had confirmed their actions loud and clear.

With a glint of mischief in his eyes, Max said, "Sounds like someone else is having fun tonight besides us." He proceeded to walk over to the door and open it. He was hoping, for his own selfish reasons, that it was Maria they'd heard. He couldn't help but think about all the time Michael has spent razing him about his need to be with Liz. He was hoping it would finally be time for a little payback. His first plan of action called for a blatant assault, other words known as an interruption. He stepped out into the hallway and listened for the direction he needed to go.

Liz watched in horror as Max opened the door and stepped out. *He wouldn't be trying to listen to them, would he? Eewww, Eewww, Eewww that is so gross. No, Max wouldn't do that! What is he doing?* She quickly followed after Max hoping to detour him from whatever he was planning. She grabbed his arm and attempted to pull him back into the room as she pleaded in a forceful whisper. "Max, don't! Whatever you are thinking, just don't."

As Liz continued to pull at Max's arm she spotted Isabel and Alex at the bottom of the steps, then quickly turned her head when she heard a door to her right unlock and swing open. *~*~*~*~* Michael and Maria too heard the cries. Michael pushed Maria to her feet, stand up on his own simultaneously and saying, "Maria, us not doing it, I can live with for now. But if you think I'm going to sit here and listen to those two horn dogs going at it your crazy." With her hand in tow he moved quickly to the door. Placing his hand on the handle he corrected the inner workings of the lock and handle, then opened the door.

Maria and Michael were both surprised to see Liz and Max standing in the hallway, they'd both been positive the screams they had heard were coming from Liz. Michael approached the stairs with his mind going a mile a minute. *If it isn't Liz, that must mean it's Isabel. I'm going to strangle me an Alex.*

Maria, still in tow was right behind him and spotted Isabel and Alex roughly at the same time he did. "Oh my stars. If that wasn't you, Liz, and it wasn't Isabel. That only leaves . . ."

At the same time all six of the said, "Tess?!"

Realizing that it was Tess screaming, Max turned back to face Liz, turned her around and pushed her back into the room. He didn't want to know anything about what Tess and apparently Kyle were doing. All he cared about, was he wasn't going to have to create ways to push those two together. They'd found their way on their own.

Just knowing what was probably going on in Tess's room gave Liz a major case of the willies. It's one thing to be enjoying sex with someone you love, but to have people hearing you, or having to hear someone else bothered her. In her mind it rated up there with the thought of ones parents ‘doing it.'

Still holding on to Maria's hand, Michael lead her downstairs. It really care one way or the other that it was Tess he'd heard, he just didn't want to have to hear anymore of it. He had one objective, and that was to make sure he and Maria weren't the only ones not taking advantage of being in this house without parental supervision all night. He planned to keep a sharp eye on Alex and Isabel. ~*~*~*~ Olan pulled his car into a large warehouse and closed the door with his remote control. He climbed out of his car and walked though what appeared to be a modestly decorated studio apartment or flat heading straight for the back right corner. Once there, he waved his hand over the wall and a silver hand print appeared. He hand disappeared inside the wall, and when it reappeared he was pulled out a box three by five inches in diameter, and four inches in depth.

He carried the box to the edge of a circular carpet that laid on the floor in the most central point of the building. After removing his shoes, he sat down Indian style, opened the box, and pulled out an orb. It looked similar to the two Max has in his possession, only it's a little smaller. He sets the box on the floor in front of him and pulls the medallion from it's hiding place tucked into his shirt and removes it from around his neck. He takes on deep breath trying to calm himself in preparation for what he must endure. He than proceeds to puzzle the medallion to the matching symbol on the rob and closed his eyes.

Instantly he found himself in the surroundings of his youth, the garden of the seers temple. He knew the images where merely in his mind, but the were so clear. He could make out all the brilliant colors of the vegetation around him. Everything from the deep green of the trees and grass, to the bright gold and pale blue flowers. The fragrance of sweet and spicy sent.

He was so lost in his surroundings that he scarcely registered the presence of the Seer golden glow. She sat patiently knowing the emotions of longing and joy to be back home running through her devoted servant's mind. Only when he turned to look at her did she speak. Her voice filled with love and understanding, sounding like a song in the gentle breeze. "Olan, you have met with their protector."

"Yes Mistress, I know. . . ."

"Shhhh, I knew that you would. Have you ever wondered why you were chosen to be my advocate in this delicate, yet important mission?" She smiled as he nodded slowly. "Because I knew that you would follow your heart. The rules have their purpose Olan. And yes they must be followed, but as you have learned, their are times when a higher law, if you will, must be followed. You were never meant to be their protector, and yet you continue to protect them. And as I believed you would, you have stirred something in their protector he had long since forgotten. He carries much pain and suffering with in him, and will continue to need your guidance."

"As for the young ones, remain in the shadows. Their enemies are close, and yet, continue to follow your heart and you instincts. You will know what to do, and when to do it. I have always had faith in you. As I have always had faith in those I selected for this great task."

"Their sole surviving protector has no easy feet a head of him. I must talk with them, regain their trust." She looks saddened for a moment, and then continues. "His time is short, but he will not die in vain. His sacrifice will be remembered." She moves closer to Olan and places her hand against his check. "As will yours. Stay, rest, enjoy the peace you find here for a time."

As quickly as she appeared, she departed, leaving Olan to contemplate what she'd said. **** At three fifty a.m., Kyle and Tess made there way downstairs, both looking like they hadn't slept a wink all night. When they reached the living room they were met by six pairs of eyes that pierced through them with their gaze. Kyle smiled and tried to act nonchalant. "What gives? You all look like that cat that swallowed the canary."

No one answered, they just continued to stare at Kyle and Tess, making them both very uncomfortable. Watching the discomfort with great pleasure was Michael, after all, their continued outburst through the night had made his night a living hell. He took it upon himself to add to that discomfort. In a less than tactful way he told them what they had been complaining about all night. "Kyle, the next time you decide to probe Tess, do us all a favor, buy some duck tape and tape her big mouth shut."

Tess turned beet red when she heard this. She knew she'd been a little loud, but hadn't realized she was so loud they had all heard her. Kyle took it all in stride, feeling quite pleased with himself. "What can I say, I know what I'm doing in the bedroom as well as on the field."

Tess couldn't believe that he was being so cocky and inconsiderate about he she might be feeling. She slugged his arm as hard as she could. "Glad you enjoyed yourself so much Kyle, because hell will freeze over before you touch me again." She turned on her heels and stomped back up the stairs to her room and slammed the door shut.

Alex stepped forward and slapped Kyle on the back. "Smooth move ex-lax, you do realize you just blew that, right?"

With a grim look on his face, Kyle was rubbing his arm where she'd hit him . "Yeah, thanks for pointing out the obvious." Kyle knew he blew it. He didn't mean to, it was just a reaction, normally one he would have saved for the guys locker room, but a reaction all the same.

He shock his head from side to side, here while they had been upstairs getting ready everything had been great between he and Tess. He was sure they were going to having many more nights like the one the just spent together. He wasn't so sure about that now. He looked at those around him. "Thanks Michael, you were a great help. I'm going to be expecting you to be doing double time paying off the debt you owe to me." Kyle quickly ran up the stairs, taking two at a time.

He knocked on her door and tried to open it without success.

Part 38 | Index | Part 40
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.