FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 3
by Mary N.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, but I wish I did! But the ideas for this story are mine.
Summary: This is primarily a Max and Liz story, but it includes all of the characters, and more than likely a few of my own invention. It starts in the cave after Nasedo/Peirce leaves in Destiny. The pod squad tries to active the orbs, but nothing happens, which means Liz never walks a way. To find out what they do learn who they are you'll have to read my story. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to leave me your thoughts if you want me to continue this.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: The original idea for this story was sent to me by a friend, but it has taken on a life of its own and headed into a new direction.
A large part of the students in the class turn to look as well. The classroom erupted into a loud roar of catcalls and laughter, causing the rest of the class to turn to see what was going on. Michael, Isabel, and Maria exchanged glances accompanied by big grins, rolling eyes, and shakes of their heads in disbelief.

While everyone is still having fun at Max's and Liz's expense, the couple makes there way to their seats. They don't dare look at each other knowing full well how closely they are being watched. What they still haven't figured out is why everyone is acting the way they are. It's not like they're the first couple to enter this class late after lunch, nor is it their first time.

There is one person sitting in the next to the last row not finding this at all funny. She watched the couple closely as they made their way to their seats, and now her eyes are locked solely on Liz Parker. The malice in her eyes would be unmistakable to anybody looking in her direction. Tess Harding for the first time has let down her guard, showing how much she truly hates Liz.

Unbeknownst to Tess, Isabel caught the look in her eyes, and it confirmed the suspicions she's had about Tess being up to something.

Once Mr. Sumner resumed his lecture, consisting of information about what they would need to review for the test tomorrow, Liz turns to Maria, who sits behind her. "Maria, what was so funny?"

Feeling her eyes already starting to water, and the growing desire to burst into another fit of laughter, Maria bites down on her lower lip. Know that if she even tried to explain, she would lose control, Maria simply points back at Max and then reaches down to retrieve her compact mirror from her purse.

Liz looks back at Max wondering why Maria would be pointing in his direction. He looked fine to her at the park, more than fine actually. She wonders what has changed since then to make the whole class burst into laughter. She scans over his appearance, and is shocked by the sight that awaits her.

Max's hair is flying in every direction, his lips are still swollen from their heated kisses, his complection is flushed, a few to many of the buttons on his shirt are unbuttoned, as well as his shirt is still untucked. She quickly realizes what his appearance alone would have lead the class to believe had been going between them. Liz buries her face in her hands to hide her embarrassment. She remains that way until she feels Maria tapping her on the shoulder. She looks back and accepts the mirror Maria is holding out to her. Not sure if she really wants to see her own reflection, Liz opens the compact slowly and looks in. Wincing at the reflection waiting for her, Liz quickly closes the compact.

Liz's own appearance mirrors that of Max's. Her lips are swollen, and her complexion couldn't get any redder. She's sure part of it is due to the embarrassment she feels. Her hair looks as if she tossed and turned in bed all night, then forgot to brush it before leaving the house.

***

When Max sat down in his seat near the back of the room, Michael leaned forward with a smirk on his face. "Maxwell, what's with the new look? I always thought you like the clean cut, ‘Leave it to Beaver' look, not the rebel with a cause kind of thing."

Max furrows his brow not understanding what Michael is referring to. "What are you talking about?"

"The hair, the clothes. Oh come on Maxwell, we can all see how you and Ms. Perfect spent your lunch."

Max examines his clothes, and quickly looks up at Liz while tucking his shirt back in his pant and buttoning two of the buttons closes to the collar. He watches as Maria hands her a mirror. Liz does look like she's been ravaged. He runs his fingers through his hair as he turns back to Michael. "It's not what it looks like."

"Yeah right, who are you trying to fool?"

Max shakes his head from side to side, knowing there's no use trying to convince Michael of anything, let alone the truth about what he and Liz did or didn't do during lunch. He turns his back to Michael and faces the front of the room resting his eyes on Liz once again. He notices that she must have run her fingers through her hair in an attempt to straighten it, because it doesn't look as messy. However, it's still in need of attention. *What I wouldn't do to just run my fingers though her hair or to have my Liz in my arm right now. To feel her lips and warm sensual body pressing against mine right now. To taste her lips, her ivory skin. * Max groans inward, and chastises himself. *Stop this, you have to take notes, big test tomorrow remember? * No matter how hard he tries he can't seem to pull his eyes away from Liz or clear his thoughts of her. With his eyes he begins moving up and down her body imagining what it would feel like to run his hands and mouth over every square inch of her. *What's wrong with me, why can't I stop thinking about her like this. I am out of control. I can't stop wanting to touch her. Ohhhh, I just need to touch her. * At that moment Max couldn't be more grateful to Michael if he wanted to be.

Liz can feel two sets of eyes watching her very closely. One set is heated, full of hunger and desire as it moved up and down her body leaving a trail of fire wherever they roam. She's pretty sure that it's Max. He's the only one that's ever had this kind of reaction on her. However, she doesn't dare turn around to be sure, because of the other set of eyes trained on her. She chance a look around in the direction the stare seems to be coming from and realizes that its Tess. The look of pure hatred in her eyes made Liz shutter inside. She quickly returned her gaze to her notebook and refocuses on what the teacher was saying, refusing to let Tess get the better of her.

Max's stare doesn't go unnoticed by Michael, nor does the fact that Max hasn't even picked up his pencil, and half the period was already over. Getting lost in his own thoughts, Michael begins to make plans. *Well, well, well, it looks like our faithful leader is losing control yet again. What is this power Liz has over him? I mean come on, it's obvious they're letting things get out of hand? I just wonder how far out of hand they've let things go this time. Hum, maybe I should take advantage of this situation while I can. I mean it's been awhile since I've given Max a hard time, and I think he's due. This is going to be fun.* He leans forward talking softly, keeping is voice low enough that only Max can hear what he says.

"Be truthful Maxwell, what did you and Liz do at lunch today?" When Max doesn't answer, Michael continues. "Come on Max, give. It couldn't have been too good, you were only gone forty five minutes tops. But then again, maybe forty-five minutes was long enough." Max shifts in his seat, trying to ignore Michael. "What did Liz do to you old buddy, old pal, that's got you so heated that you haven't taken you eyes off of her since you sat down?" He's sure he is getting to him and can't help the smug smile on his face, but he still wants to see him squire at least a little. "Come on Maxwell, give."

As lost in his thoughts as he was, Max would normally have been grateful for the interruption. Especially his current thoughts and the havoc they are rendering on his body, had it only been a different subject. These particular questions, feel more like insinuations, and Max is not about to put up with anyone insinuating things about Liz, not even Michael. He turns around in his seat and glares at Michael with a cold expression, warning him that he better stop. Michael has learned over the years that pushing Max too far isn't a pleasant experience, and by the look on Max's face, he can tell it's time to back off. Stifling a laugh, Michael thinks to himself. *Touchy, aren't we today Maxwell? *

After class Maria pulls Liz to the side. "Liz, you and Max didn't, like do it? Did you?"

"No Maria, it wasn't what it looked like."

"Well then, what was it? What happen, because when you two came it to class it sure looked like . . . ?"

"It was purely innocent Maria." Maria doesn't look convinced, Liz continues to try and explain what really happened. "We went for a picnic in the park and lost track of time, okay. We ended up having to rush back. The top was down on the jeep, and you know what that can do to our hair."

"What about your lips Liz, and you were really flushed when you came in, and don't forget about Max's shirt being untucked."

"No one said we didn't do some kissing."

Maria interrupts, "Just kissing, by the look of you two, I would say there was more than kissing going on."

"Fine, a little more, but not much." Liz can't fight back the smile that radiate her whole face. "Anyway Maria, as to being flushed, you would be too if you ran all the way from the student parking lot. Besides you know we love each other, and there is nothing is going to change that. When it happens, you know when we do ‘do it,' I can promise you it won't be some quicky in between classes."

"Do I dare mention a certain blonde bimbo?"

"Don't worry about her Maria, I'm not." Liz is telling the truth, she's not worried about Tess taking Max from her. Although she is starting to get concerned about the way she keeps looking at her. She hopes that it's a passing thing, but her gut instinct tells her it's not.

Liz turns to walk to her next class and spots Max waiting for her, as she approaches, he asks, "Getting the third degree? Unable to keep himself from touching her, he wraps his arm around her shoulders, and walks her back to her locker.

"Yeah, you?"

"Oh yeah, by Michael during class, and Isabel after."

Trying to cover that his simple gesture makes her body come to life, and that she feels completely out of control when she is this close to him, she says, "Do they really think we are that out of control?"

*************

After freshening up in the bathroom, Liz walks into her next period class and proceeds to sit in her normal seat in the second row. Max made her forget all of her concerns involving Tess, as well as made her feel as if she is living amongst the clouds. The hazy feeling lifts when she hears a few of her classmates talking about the newest rumor floating around the school. It seems everyone is under the impression that Max and her have officially become lovers. As much as she feels she should deny the rumors, she knows that it would only add fuel to the fire. Besides she's never been one to really cares what other people think of her. It's what she thinks of herself that matters most. Liz laughs inwardly as she sinks back into her own thoughts, They don't know Max very well that's for sure. If they did, they would know it's completely out of character for him to lose control, and for us to let that happen our first time during lunch, just wouldn't happen. All though, things did go further between us this time than we've ever let it go in the past. Except for that time when we were having those visions, of course. Things were getting out of hand then, but that was different. Right? Yeah right, we aren't having visions.*

********

After school Max drives Liz home. They are both glad Isabel made other arrangements for a ride home. They decide to stop into the Crashdown on their way up to her room and grab something to drink. Jeff Parker walks up behind Liz at the soda Machine, he looks really frazzled. "Dad, is everything okay?"

Jeff is having one of the worst days he's had in years, and things don't look like they are going to get any better any time soon. "One question, when are finals over?" He asks with a plead a he attempts to smile.

"That bad?" Liz ask sympathetically

"That bad. It seems like everyone wants this week off. Everyone, including you, Maria, and Michael."

"Sorry dad, but this is a big week. These test are a major part of our grades for the year. And I for one, plan to got to college in a few years, which means good grades are a must."

"I know, I just never realized how much you girls do around here." Liz give her dad a quick peak on the check. "Thanks dad, got to go. Max and I are going to study for our Biology and History tests tonight. I hope things get better, just keep telling yourself only three more days." Liz hands Max his drink before walking around the counter and stands by his side.

"Oh hey Max. Sorry, didn't even see you standing there."

"No problem Mr. Parker." Liz takes his hand, pulling slightly to let him know it's time to go, Max follows saying, "Well, see ya."

Upstairs Liz closes her bedroom door behind them. She pulls her biology book and notes out of her book bag and sits on the floor spreading her notes in front of her. "Where should we start first?"

The last thing Max is thinking about doing is studying. Every since lunch, all he as been able to think about is the way Liz's lips and body felt pressed against his, the way her hair smells of vanilla and spice, and the way her warm soft skin felt under his hands. Now is no different, Max's thoughts have drifted yet again.

"Max, Max!" Liz calls trying earnestly to get his attention.

"Yeah, sorry. What were you saying?" Max struggles to keep his mind on why he is at Liz's. However, he's failing miserably. All he wants to do at this moment is pull her into his arms and smother her with kisses while touching every inch of her voluptuous body. It doesn't help when Liz suggest the topic they should study first.

"I was asking if you wanted to start with cellular reproduction?"

"Reproduction?" He asks in a husky voice as images of ‘being' with Liz course through his mind.

Liz starts nibbling on her lower lip to keep from smiling too much at his reaction, to her suggestion. But the deep rumbling of Max's voice had an equally stimulating effect on her. She feels a shiver working its way down her spine, increasing the need she's been feeling to be closer to him. To feel his warm soft lips pressing against hers accompanied by his strong arms wrapped firmly around her. She attempts to suppress the strong urges building deep inside of her. The desires to be close to Max is a normal one, but some how these feeling seem so much more intense. Harder to fight off, and yet their intensity seems vaguely familiar. Hoping her long pause goes unnoticed she responds, "No Max, Cellular Reproduction."

Not even aware of what she said, Max shoves his hands in his pockets, in an attempt to conceal where his thought have been, and answers, "Oh yeah, sure, whatever."

Liz licks her lips as she stares at Max. *What am going to do? We have to study, but mercy Max, you look so good. I want to forget about studying and tear your shirt from your body. Touch and taste every part of you. Wait what I'm I thinking? I can't think like this, we're here to study. We have to study. Why do we have to study again? Tests, that's right, we have tests to study for. How am I ever going to remember anything we study, let alone concentrate during the test with him in the same room? * She Forces herself to look back down at the floor, where she pretends to be studying her notes. "Max, we really need to study."

"Right. Study."

Max sits down on the chair by the desk, forcing himself to stay as far away from Liz as possible. No matter what he tells himself, he can't take his eyes off of her. *Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. She looks so beautiful with her hair flowing around her face. Her perfect red lips seem to be calling to me. Maybe just one kiss, then I might be able to concentrate. That's it just one kiss. Who am you trying to kid, since when has just one kiss from Liz ever been enough? *

*Maybe if I'm touching him, holding his hand or something it would help satisfy these cravings in some way. If only he would move closer to me, then I could touch him without it being so obvious. He doesn't have to know what I'm feeling, if he did I know we wouldn't get any studying done. Touching him, that would be enough. I'm sure of it, I just have to get him to move closer. * She risks a look over at him. *I wonder why he is sat so far away. He's never sat that far away from me when we've studied together in the past. * "Max, is something wrong?"

"No, why? Do I look like something is wrong?" He hopes she can't tell the only thing he's thinking about is how close he wants to be to her, and the toll it's taking on his lower anatomy.

"Well yeah. Since when do you sit at the desk, instead of beside me?"

He can't lie to her, he never could, so he attempts to handle this lightly. "Since I don't think we'll get much studying done if I get much closer." Max raises and lowers he eyebrows several times to clarify his meaning.

As if Liz needed any clarification. Her own body begins to hum that much more intensely for the attention she has been deny herself. All rational thought is gone at this point, she stands to her feet staring deep into the windows of his soul.

Seeing the passionate way Liz is looking at him, Max can't talk it anymore, he quickly closes the space between them, and takes her in his arm. He covers her mouth with his in a scorching kiss, and lifts her up as if she weights little to nothing. She wraps her legs around his waist enjoying the sensations running through her body as he hungrily lowers his lips to the side of her neck. He holds her up with one hand securely cupping her firm round bottom and the other tenaciously against her back with his hand supporting the back of her neck.

He lays her roughly on the bed, not wanting to waste time in his exploration of her jaw, chin, and collar bone as he works his way to the neckline of her shirt. The moans of pleasure escaping her lips draws him back to her mouth, wanting to greedily capture each one.

Liz pulls back in surprise, staring wide eyes at Max. "Max?"

Concerned that he was to rough, Max looks over her body and he asks, "What's wrong? I didn't hurt you did I?"

"It's happening again."

The puzzled expression on Max's face alone tells Liz that he doesn't understand, but before she can explain, Max asks, "What's happening?"

"The flashes, the images. They're happening again."

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.