FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 5
by Mary N.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, but I wish I did! But the ideas for this story are mine.
Summary: This is primarily a Max and Liz story, but it includes all of the characters, and more than likely a few of my own invention. It starts in the cave after Nasedo/Peirce leaves in Destiny. The pod squad tries to active the orbs, but nothing happens, which means Liz never walks a way. To find out what they do learn who they are you'll have to read my story. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to leave me your thoughts if you want me to continue this.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: The original idea for this story was sent to me by a friend, but it has taken on a life of its own and headed into a new direction.
Tess stepped into Michael's apartment, obviously upset that she hadn't be included in this little gathering. Before Tess had a chance to comment Isabel goes into action. "Tess, how did you know we were here? I mean I tried to call you, but I got your stupid answering machine, and you know how I hate leaving messages on those things. We decided all the studying we have been doing is burning us out, and that we needed to get our minds off of tests for a while before one of us blew a gasket."

Tess doesn't believe Isabel, but what's she going to do, call her a liar? She chooses to play it off and take advantage of them all being here. "Really, I was just driving by and saw all of the cars outside, and figured I'd see what was up." In truth Tess had over heard Liz and Max talking in the hallway at school about studying at her place tonight. She went over to the Crashdown hoping to move up to the next phase of her plan to get Liz out of the picture. To her surprise, they weren't there. Giving it some thought, she narrowed down the possible places they could be. Michael's was one of the obvious choices. "So, what are you up to?"

"Making plans for the summer, nothing is set yet. We're all just throwing out ideas. No big deal."

Tess makes her way next to Max and smiles at him seductively. "So what have you come up with so far. You do realize that there won't be much time for frivolous things. We will have to spend a lot of time together, working on learning more about your powers and controlling them of course.

The skin on back of Max's neck is standing straight up, as well as the hair on his arms. He shifts a little farther away from Tess, inching Liz a little further as well. "Tess, we know we still have work to do, but don't go over board. We do still have lives and we need to continue to go about our lives as normal teenagers. If we don't, we risk drawing to much attention to ourselves. Attention, I might add, that we don't need right now."

The last thing any of this group wants to do is spend time with Tess. "Beside Testy, just because you don't have a life outside of the people in this room, it doesn't mean the rest of us don't." Spouts off Maria with a disdain full look on her face.

"And just what are you talking about, because we know that you, Maria, don't have a life."

"More than you do? At least the person I love, loves me back and enjoys my company. You on the other hand are infatuated with someone that can't stand to be in the same room with you. Notice I didn't use the word love, that's because you don't know what the word means."

"That's enough you two, I suggest we call this little gathering over. We'll talk about all of this later. Liz and I have two big tests to study for and I think we've taken too long of a break already."

"No Max! I mean can't you stay a little longer, I just got here and . . . ."

Isabel stands to her feet pulling Alex up with her. "Sorry Tess, I can't stay either. Alex promised to help me study for my Chemistry final."

"I don't get you. If you would just let me work with you, I could teach you to scan the information and you wouldn't have to study like you do."

"Not that your idea isn't a good one, it's that your timing is bad. We have tests tomorrow, and we can't risk it. We'll work on this scanning over the summer, it sounds like it well really come in handy." Isabel leads Alex to the door. "Well see ya."

"Us too, got to go." Max and Liz leave as well.

Michael and Maria look at each other hoping the other has an idea of how to get rid of Tess. "Oh Michael, look at the time. My mother is going to kill us. She said the dinner would be ready at seven and it's ten til now. Well Tess, we have to get going so see ya." Maria pushes Tess out the door followed by Michael. Michael locks up and walks to the Jetta with Maria leaving a stunned Tess still standing by the door.

Watching Maria and Michael pull away Tess's stunned expression changes to one of anger. "If that's how they want to play this, than I can play this game too, and I'll win. She walks to her bronco and heads to the Crashdown to resume her original plan.

***

Max and Liz are quietly resting in each other's arms in the middle of Liz's bed. Liz has her head resting against Max's chest listening to the fast pace and steady beat of his heart. *What if these visions aren't coming from Tess and they still show that I'm not supposed to be with Max. I don't think I would want to live, if I couldn't be with him. My life would feel so empty. He has changed me, and changed my life in so many ways. But then how could I even think about not making the best out of my life after everything Max risked to save me. I would survive, if nothing more than to say, life is worth living because I knew him. I could go on, as long as I didn't have to endure watching him with someone else. If that were to happen, I wouldn't be able to endure the pain that would create in my soul. I couldn't stand by and watch this man who possesses my heart, be with someone else. Stop these thoughts, that's never going to happen. Max Evans loves you as much as you love him. He shows it in everything he does and says. We are meant to be together, that's got to be what these visions are about. Why else would you be so completely and undeniably attracted to him. I mean look at us, we can't even keep our hands off of each other, and these urges are growing stronger all of the time. If we weren't meant to be together wouldn't we be having the opposite effect on each other? Someone or something wants us to be together so much that it's not letting us be anything but together.*

Max relishes in the scent of Liz, he finds it completely intoxicating. He is enjoying the warmth of her body so close to his as he runs his fingers through her silky soft black hair. Its moments like these that make him cherish Liz all the more. She makes him feel so comfortable and at ease, they don't even feel that they have to talk, that can simply enjoy each others company.

With his thoughts of love a feeling of panic overwhelms him. *Tess Harding, I swear if you are trying to split me and Liz up, you better find yourself a hole and hide in it, because otherwise you won't live long enough to regret it. I don't care if you are one of my kind. Without Liz in my life, I wouldn't want to live. She is everything to me, my purpose for living, for being. If these visions are coming from you, no one will be able to save you from my wrath.*

Max feels Liz stirring in his arms, and is brought back to the moment at hand, and to this wonder of all wonders everyone knows as Liz Parker. * Liz, if only you knew how deeply my love runs for you. For us, I have to believe these visions are more than a sick ploy being played out by a sick mind. They are coming from somewhere else, they have to be. They have to be leading us to the truth about who we are and why we are here. They have to show that Liz and I are meant to be. If nothing else that we can still be together, and still do whatever we were sent here to do without giving up the people that make our lives worth living.*

Feeling Liz pulling herself out of his embrace, Max opens his eyes to see what she is doing. He watches as she kneels on the bed in front of him and slowly leans in and brushes her lips softly against his. "Max, I love you with everything that I am. I want you to know, I will do anything to help you find out the truth, no matter what that truth may be. I just wanted to tell you."

Max realizes what she means without her having to say it. (Liz is willing to help him find out the truth, even if it means she would lose him in the end, if that is what he wants, and all because she loves him as much as he loves her.)

Max takes a hold of her shoulder and pulls her body complete on top of his. Wrapping her in a feverish embrace, taking her lips with his mouth in a kiss of complete lust and adoration. Their hunger for each other grows with each passing second sending waves of desire to their nether most regions of their bodies. With moans of pleasure escaping their lips, their hands caress each other through their clothes the leave no where unscathed. Either by friction of their two bodies moving in a rhythm that all lovers know, or by the hands that freely explore.

***

Tess walks into the Crashdown and looks around for the person she want's to talk to. Spotting him, she sits down at the counter next to where his is standing. "Hello, Mr. Parker. How are things going?"

Jeff looks at the young girl and recognizes her as the new girl that has been hanging out with his daughter and friends. "Tess, isn't it?"

"Yes sir, Tess Harding."

"Nice to meet you Tess. What can I get for you?"

"Nothing really, Mr. Parker. I was hoping that I could speak to you for a few minutes. That's if you have the time."

Jeff looks around the Cafe for a moment. Everything looks calm at the moment. "We can talk now if you like, but I don't know for how long. I'm a little short on waitresses tonight."

"Oh this won't take long." Tess says with a cheerful smile.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.