FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 24
by Mary N
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, but I wish I did! But the ideas for this story are mine.
Summary: This is primarily a Max and Liz story, but it includes all of the characters, and more than likely a few of my own invention. It starts in the cave after Nasedo/Peirce leaves in Destiny. The pod squad tries to active the orbs, but nothing happens, which means Liz never walks a way. To find out what they do learn who they are you'll have to read my story. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to leave me your thoughts if you want me to continue this.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: The original idea for this story was sent to me by a friend, but it has taken on a life of its own and headed into a new direction.
Max and Liz agreed that even as tempting as it was to stay in the pod chamber all night, the consequences of being banned from seeing each other even for a day wasn't worth it. And would be near impossible with the strong pull between them.

After making love again, they helped each other dress and then left the chamber. They were both tempted to stay a little long, but because of the time, they knew they couldn't. Max took Liz's hand in his, and lead her out of the chamber, and down the Rocky sloop. She clung to his hand tightly feeling a strong need for physical contact. She was sure that he felt it too, because didn't seem to want to let go even to make his way to the drivers side of the Jeep.

As soon as he climbed in, he leaned over and kissed her tenderly on the lips, and pulled her closer to him. She smiled to herself, he didn't want to go any more than she did. She wrapped her hands around his arm, and leaned her head against his shoulder, before reminding him way they had to go. He pressed his lips together as he nodded his head and started the engine.

She wanted to hear his thoughts, even though she was sure they mirrored her own. "Max, what are you thinking?"

He smiled a special smile, one he reserved only for her, and answered her question. "I'm thinking about how I wish we didn't have to go, and who it would feel to wake up in the morning beside you."

"I wish the same thing, and someday we will be able to do that." She began to make plans of a way she could make that happen without them getting caught, or getting into trouble when Max changed the subject. "Why do you think we saw the same exact vision over and over tonight? There has always been something new, right? Something that leads us closer to what we were looking for."

"I can't be sure, but maybe we are seeing everything there is for us to see in order to find whatever it is we're to find next. Do you think it's another orb?"

"I can't imagine it being anything else. But why hide it under a head stone?"

"It looked like a small cemetery, maybe because no one would disturb it. What I'm wondering is who buried something there. The headstone said this Gregory Hall guy died in 1949, that's two years after the crash. Didn't you say that Pierce told you there were only two survivors of the crash? One, they ran tests on for years, and Nesado who managed to escape after years of captivity. If both of the survivors were still being held by the FBI special force, then who could have done this?

"Are you suggesting there is another one of us out there? That there was another survivor?"

"It would make since Max. I mean how else could someone have buried something two years, something we are obvious meant to find." Even as interesting as this idea was, they knew it wasn't helping them find out where this grave could be. Liz decided to get back on track. "Our biggest problem isn't who put it there, it's how are we going to find this grave?"

~*~*~*~ Tess laid in her bed staring up at the ceiling thinking about the things she'd heard today. The more she ran thought the memories of what had been said, the more it all made since to her. Especial when she added, the way Kyle made her feel into the equation. However she wanted to have some sort of tangible proof that Max and Liz were telling the truth.

She figured if they were telling the truth, she would have that proof soon enough, and if not, she would know that it was all a lie to deceive her. Until she was sure either way, she would wait. Neither resume pushing for her relationship with Max, nor allow herself to explore these feelings she was feeling toward Kyle. However, if they don't produce another orb soon, she would increase her efforts to get Max to accept their destiny at all costs. Saving her people was top priority, and it didn't matter what she had to do to accomplish that. Even if it meant someone would get hurt along the way, even if that person was herself.

As time slipped by, she found herself hoping that Max and Liz would lead them to another orb. If they did, that would mean they were telling the true. It would explain why they weren't able to make the orbs work that day they healed Nesado. It would also free her to explore these new feelings she felt when Kyle was near. She'd spent time wondering why she felt things for Kyle when she was supposed to be with Max, and why Kyle had an effect on her that Max didn't.

At first she thought it had to do with the fact Kyle was interested in her and Max was too tied up in his feelings for Liz. However, something about that didn't sit right. How she felt about him shouldn't be affected by the way he felt about her, right? Also, there had been other guys interested in her before Kyle, and none of them affected her the way he did.

She wondered if what she felt, was anything like what Max and Liz shared. Or even similar to what Michael and Maria shared, or Isabel and Alex. As she pondered this further, she found herself wondering what it would be like to have his strong arms wrapped around her, and his soft lips pressed against hers. Before pondering that thought for more than a felting moment, she pushed them away. It didn't do any good to think about such things until she knew for sure.

She had to stay in control, and wait until she knew the truth either way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Max walked Liz up to the door of her families home about the Crashdown, this was the hardest moment they had ever shared. Neither wanted to say goodnight, but what else could they do. Liz's parents were expecting her, as were his.

TBC . . . .

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.