FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Growing Up, Growing Apart, and Falling in Lovw"
Part 21
by Dee
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Max gave Liz a long, passionate kiss as he backed them through the door of the Crashdown. Their kiss lingered on before they reluctantly broke apart. Max gazed down at Liz, his breathing heavy. "Wow," he said because he couldn't think of anything more eloquent to say. He was holding Liz! She was finally in his arms again! Max could hardly contain himself. They had made love in the back of his jeep over and over. He felt exhausted, exalted, his heart full to bursting with joy and love. Max never wanted to let her go again.

Liz's lips curved into a seductive smile. "I take your speechless reaction to mean that you're pleased with tonight's events."

"You could say that," Max replied thoughtfully, wrapping his arms around her waist, and bringing her closer against his body. "I planned on dinner and a movie then got you for dessert. Not that I'm complaining. . . I'm on top of the world right now."

"Well, I'm glad everything is to your satisfaction, Mr. Evans," Liz teased, her hands drifting downward to cup his buttocks. She squeezed one taut cheek playfully.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are tonight?"

"The night's not over yet. . ." Liz whispered into his jacket.

Max dipped his head to nuzzle her sweet-smelling neck. "And you smell so good. . ."

"Hmmmm," Liz moaned.

"I love you so much, Liz."

"I love you. . . .Max. . .I love you." They shared a wet, open-mouthed kiss but before the passion between them could blossom further Max pulled away. He looked at Liz, his expression abruptly solemn. "So what happens now, Liz," he asked her.

"What happens now?" Liz repeated blankly. She still hadn't registered that he'd stopped kissing her.

"What happens between us now?" Max clarified, "I mean, I know what I want, but what about you?"

"Max, you know that I want to be with you."

"But what else?" Max persisted. Before she could answer he took her hand and led her over to his usual booth. Liz watched him with unconcealed worry as he motioned for her to sit down. The moment he joined her he pulled her against his side, stroking her shoulder until the tension eased from her. "First of all, I want to assure you that I don't regret anything that happened between us tonight."

He felt Liz expel a sigh of relief and it made him smile. "But," he continued on, "I've been thinking a lot lately, about you and me."

Liz tried not to be alarmed by his words, but her heart was beginning to flutter. "What have you been thinking about, Max?"

"Liz, we're twenty-two years old. We just had a baby. You're still staying at home with your parents and I'm about to wear out my welcome at Michael's apartment."

Liz sighed and sat away from him. "You're right. And my original plan still stands, you know to transfer to the University of New Mexico? Unless you've got something else in mind."

Max took a deep breath. "Actually I do."

"Well. . ."

"I was thinking we could get married, Liz."

Liz's expression slackened. If he'd jumped up and started clucking like a chicken she could not have been more startled. "What did you say?"

"I said. . .," Max began, reaching into his jacket and extracting a velvet box. He flipped back the top to reveal a gleaming diamond set in a platinum band, "Will you marry me, Liz Parker?"

Liz felt her eyes fill with tears of joy and she clapped her hands over her mouth in shock. "Oh my god!" she gasped, her words muffled behind her hands.

Max could see the tears shining in her eyes and they caused his heart to contract. "Well what do you say?" His eyes were hopeful, trusting, wanting. There was a part of him that feared Liz would reject him. She had forgiven him for leaving her pregnant and alone but Max had yet to forgive himself. No matter what had transpired between them they had spent three years of their lives together, he could have at least done her the courtesy of sticking by her side. After all she had endured because of him she had deserved that much, more in fact. Max hoped fervently that she would accept his proposal. He planned to spend the rest of his life making up for his callous treatment.

He held his breath, waiting for her answer.

Liz gently took his face between her hands and gave him a tender kiss. "Yes," she whispered tearfully, "Yes! Yes! YES! I will marry you, Max Evans!"

Max laughed, overcome with emotion and feeling slightly embarrassed by it. "Well, I'm glad to see all those overtime hours I put in at Dad's office weren't a waste," Max joked, his voice hoarse with love and unshed tears.

Liz pulled back slightly, kissing his cheeks, his eyes. "Put it on me?"

With shaky hands Max removed the ring from the box and took Liz's hand. The moment he slid the platinum onto her finger was wrought with meaning and emotion for the both of them. Max fought against getting too choked up. Liz stared at her carat diamond in awe. And then she looked up at Max, amazed and bewildered. "You had this in your pocket all night?"

"Well, I planned to propose to you earlier this evening, but you kind of changed plans."

Liz ducked her head, pinkening slightly. "I did, didn't I? I practically jumped you, Max."

Max reached forward and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I didn't mind it so much," he whispered, "in fact I wouldn't mind if you jumped me now."

Liz's eyes became hooded. "You wouldn't, huh?"

"Not at all."

Their faces were within inches of each other. When their mouths the contact was light, teasing. Max angled Liz back against the wall of the booth, deepening his kiss. For the second time that night they began to undress one another, occasionally throwing cautious glances toward the staircase to make sure they weren't discovered. Liz ran her hands longingly all over Max's body, caressing his shoulders and back. Somehow, in between wild kisses and torrid caresses, they made it on top of the table and that's where they made love, heedless to their surroundings.

Liz dug her heels into the top of the table while Max drove steadily inside her, biting her lip to keep from crying out loud. Max grunted, struggling to keep quiet himself, but his head was swimming with passion for Liz. In the end they had to muffle their cries into each other's mouths. Later they snuck upstairs to Liz's room, tiptoeing down the hall to keep from waking her parents.

In Liz's bedroom they took a moment to gaze at their sleeping daughter lying in her crib before drifting over to Liz's bed. They undressed one another slowly, savoring the moment, caressing one another. When they made love this time it was unhurried, lazy. Their union was slow, deep, and wonderful. When it was over a breathless Liz flopped over onto her stomach, snuggling against Max's side. She drew lazy circles in his chest with her finger.

"Are you sleepy?" she asked.

"No. Are you?"

"I couldn't possibly close my eyes right now." She held up her hand. Her ring glittered in the darkness. "This had to cost you a fortune."

"You don't even want to know. I'm going to be paying for that for the rest of my life," Max laughed.

"I'll bet," Liz said, half-serious, "So when do you want to do it? Get married, I mean."

"Well, Spring semester for the University of New Mexico starts in three weeks so I was thinking sometime in the next week or so. We really don't have time for anything big and fancy."

"I didn't want anything big and fancy," Liz said as she looked up at him, "I just want you."

The smile Max bestowed on her was soft and loving. "Ok, then how about a week from now?"

"On one condition. . ."

Max gave her a suspicious look. "What?"

"I want everyone to be there. Michael, Maria, Isabel, and Alex."

An uncomfortable look creased Max's forehead. "That might not be such a good idea, Liz."

"Why?"

"Did you not notice all the tension in the room after you had Claudia? There is a lot of animosity between the four of them. Having them all in the same room on our wedding day is like setting off a bomb in the middle of the ceremony. It would be very, very bad."

"I just want them to be as happy as I am right now, Max. You saw Isabel. It's obvious that she still loves Alex and I know that he still loves her because he told me."

"What about Maria?" Liz gave him a "duh" look. "You think she still has feelings for Michael?" Liz nodded.

"And Michael?"

"Does he have feelings for Maria? Uh. . .yeah you could say that, but he tries to pretend he doesn't. When he found out Maria and Alex were living together he put his fist through the wall," Max confided quietly, "You're not supposed to know that, Liz, so don't go repeating it."

"Oh my god."

"So you see there's a lot of emotion there. . ."

"Can't we at least try?" Max looked into her pleading brown eyes and crumbled.

"Ok. But I'm warning you, it won't be pretty."

Liz smiled and kissed his chest. "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it," Liz whispered, her hand drifting down his torso to cup his manhood. Max moaned, hardening at her gentle touch.

"Liz, don't start. . .I can't stay. . . ."

Liz kissed her way down his chest, following the path of her hand. She looked up at him when her lips were a mere scant inches from his sex. "Isn't there anything I can do to convince you to stay?" she whispered playfully.

Max gulped, his breathing becoming shallow. "There. . .is. . .one thing. . ."

Liz took him into her warm, eager mouth, delighting in his gasp of pleasure.

TBC. . .

Part 20 | Index | Part 22
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.