FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Love Hurts"
Part 3
by Jennifer007
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Liz got home and sat on her bed, she just kind of stared off in space. *So Max has a girlfriend, maybe it was you Liz, maybe he got tired of you after all this time, I mean he's loved you since the first time he saw you, maybe it was just time for him to move on.* Liz picked at the threads on her blanket. *Well at least know you know that he wants nothing more to do with you, and you can move on, move on yeah right Liz.* She flopped down on the bed and rested her head in her hands looking out the window, *Liz who are you trying to kid, if Max called you right now, you would give him another chance.*

No sooner has she thought this that the phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Liz, it's Max I think we should talk."

Liz's heart beats faster, but she tries to remain calm. "What is there to talk about Max? We know where we stand with each other."

"Do we Liz?"

"I thought we did."

"See that's why we need to talk."

"I don't think that's a good idea Max, haven't we said enough hateful things to each other?"

"I don't want to fight Liz, I just want to talk to you."

Liz pauses and then says "Okay, we can talk I guess."

"Good, why don't you come by my house in an hour?"

"Okay I'll be there."

Liz gets up and jumps in the shower, she can't help but be excited. A small part of her is hoping that maybe there is still a chance for her and Max.

Once ready she decides to head over to his house a little bit early. It's pouring outside and Liz rushes to her car. As she gets there she can hear really loud voices coming from in the house.

She rings the doorbell and Isabel answers it, she ushers Liz in, "What are you doing here?"

"Max wanted to talk."

"Oh."

Liz looks around and sees Michael's girlfriend sitting on the couch in a pair of cut-offs and a baby-tee, Liz looks at Isabel. "What's going on?" She whispers. Then she hears Maria's voice plain as day telling Michael that he is an asshole.

Isabel pulls Liz to the side, "All I know is that Michael called Maria and told her that he had to talk to her, and when she got here she found them in the room and...well they weren't dressed."

Liz shakes her head, "God poor Maria," then she gets a sense of deja vu. Something isn't right here, and she starts walking to Max's room.

She knocks on the door, and hears giggling, then a voice says "Come in."

She opens the door and sees Max laying on his bed, his shirt if off and so are his pants, but he has his boxers on, his girlfriend is straddling him, and she has nothing on. Liz takes all this in and looks at Max with nothing but anger in her eyes, she is past the point of being hurt. "What's going on Max?"

"Nothing, what's going on with you?" Max asks as if Liz is just any other girl.

Lila looks at Liz, "Do you mind we were in the middle of something!"

Liz looks at her, "Well not anymore, I came here to talk to Max, and I'm not going to leave until I do."

Lila glares at Liz and then slowly gets off Max, she bends down and gives him a deep kiss, and Liz averts her eyes, and then sees something that makes her almost smile.

Lila gets dressed and as she walks past Liz she hisses under her breath, "Just remember that he's mine, and I don't share." She leaves and slams the door.

Liz looks at Max, "Yeah she's yours in her dreams."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't worry about it I'll get to it later, right now it's time for you to answer some questions, AND I WANT ANSWERS MAXWELL EVANS!!!" Liz screams.

Max looks at Liz with surprise, "Okay Liz."

"Okay, what kind of game are you and Michael playing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Damn it Max, when did I become stupid in your eyes? Huh? You don't care about her, and I'm willing to bet that Michael doesn't care about that other girl either."

Max just looks at her saying nothing.

"Fine you want me to spell it out for you, you invited me over to talk, and Michael did the same to Maria, and when we get here both of you are in the room with them naked." She looks pointedly at Max's boxers and goes over to him, touching him there. Max jerks at her touch, not expecting that.

"See what I mean, your 19 and you were just "making out" with your girlfriend who was naked on top of you, but your body can't lie Max, you didn't even want her. I saw how much of a reaction you had right after she kissed you, and it was the same as now."

Max looks at her "So what do you want me to say?"

"I want to know why it was so necessary for you to do this to me? Why did you have to do this to hurt me? It's almost like you wanted to rip open my wounds and pour lemon juice in them. Why do you want to hurt me so much? When did you start to hate me so much?"

Max looks at the ground, "I don't hate you Liz."

"Well you could have fooled me, because as much as I was mad at you, and as much as I said things that I later regretted, I would never have done anything to you to intentionally cause you pain." Liz walks to the door and then looks back at Max, "You were right Max, I don't want to fight, I don't want anything from you, you do what you want and so will I, you've decided what's best for everyone, then you live with it, but don't expect me to care about it anymore." She walks back to Max and he just looks at her feet.

"Look at me Max." Max looks at her and she reaches out and slaps him across the face, "This is the last time you hurt me Max, you've shown me that it's completely over this time."

Max just looks at the ground, not even feeling the sting of Liz's slap.

She closes the door behind her and hears Maria still yelling at Michael in the next room, she opens the door to that room and goes in.

Maria looks at her "What, what, what, this is between Michael and me."

Liz shakes her head, "No this is between Max and Michael, this is their game and I don't want to play it, and neither should you, so come on don't bother he's not worth it, neither of them are." Maria looks at Michael who is standing in front of her in a towel, and before he can stop her she punches him in the gut. He doubles over gasping for air. And Maria walks out the door.

As they walk out into the hall Isabel and Alex jump up, "What happened?" Alex asks.

"Ask the assholes." Maria says.

"Hey that's our boyfriends your talking about!" Lili says.

Liz gives out a snort of laughter and Maria looks at her, "Shut up you stupid bitch."

"Hey who are you calling stupid?" Marissa asks.

"She's calling you both stupid, I mean think about it, your name is Marissa, her's is Maria" she points to Lili, "Your name is Lili, and mine is Liz." Maria nods, "Yeah and haven't you noticed that you look like our alter egoes, I'm guessing they picked you because your the closest to us that they could get."

"Well if they wanted you then why aren't they with you?" Lili asks.

Marissa looks Maria up and down, "That's easy Lili, take one look at her and then at me, I mean who is Michael going to pick?"

Liz shakes her head, "yeah you go ahead and tell yourself that you really have them." Liz and Maria walk out the door and start running to the car because it's still raining.

"Hey, I'm not finished talking to you yet you bitch." Lili says.

The rain is coming down in sheets the ground is soaking wet, and everyone is getting drenched as they stand there. Liz turns around she is pissed, between Max and this girl she's not taking anymore shit, "Don't you have something better to do?"

"Well doing Max is always better, but as I said I'm not through with you!" Marissa has joined Lili, "Yeah don't think that we just let some little nobodies talk shit to us and leave."

Maria stands next to Liz, "Fine, what do you have to say?"

"Oh I don't have anything to say." Lili says, and with that she backhands Liz across the face. And within seconds they're all fighting.

Liz is on her back and Lili straddling her with her hands woven in her hair pounding Liz's head in the ground. Maria is biting Marissa on the arm because Marissa is trying to choke her. Liz manages to reach up and when she does she pulls at Lili's hair but her hand catches in Lili's ear ripping the earring out of it. Lili howls in pain and let's go of Liz and Liz pounces on her wrestling her to the ground.

By this time inside Alex has looked outside to see what the commotion is. "Oh shit!"

"What?" Says Isabel as she runs to where Alex stands. She sees Maria and Liz both straddling Lili, and Marissa, and their punching their faces in all the girls are covered in mud.

Isabel runs to Max's room and Michael is in there to. "Get your asses outside, the girls are fighting."

Max and Michael look at each other and run out. Michael is still in a towel and Max in his boxers. They run up to the girls and Liz has her face shoved in the mud, and Lili is shoving it in more with her hand. Marissa is standing over Maria kicking her in the side and Maria is groaning.

Max pulls Lili off Liz, who lifts her head and gasps for air.

Michael pulls Marissa away from Maria and kneels by her, "Maria are you okay?" Maria just groans.

"Michael what about me?" Marissa asks. He ignores her and concentrates on Maria, Marissa starts punching Michael, "you asshole, leave her alone, I'm your girlfriend not that bitch."

Michael stands up in a hurry and looks at her, "YOU WERE NEVER MY GIRLFRIEND, WHO WOULD WANT A FAKE PHONY BITCH LIKE YOU?" He bellows.

Marissa staggers backwards, "Well if that's the way you feel, I'm leaving!"

"I think that's the smartest thing you ever said."

She storms into the house demanding that Alex give her a ride.

"Why don't you take a cab you dumb bitch!"

Lili has followed Marissa in, "I guess were not welcome here anymore!"

Isabel laughs, "Gee you really think so?"

Michael is outside and he picks Maria up who winces at his touch because of the pain. As he brings her in his towel slips off, he puts Maria on the couch where Isabel has spread a blanket, he doesn't even realize that he's naked until Alex gets him a pair of shorts to put on, which he does in a hurry. Max has brought Liz in and laid her down on the other couch. Marissa and Lili come out with their stuff and look at Max and Michael.

"Gee hope we didn't hurt your girlfriends to much." Marissa says.

"Yeah right, those two week bitches didn't stand a chance." Lili says.

Michael stands up and advances toward them. But Alex stops him, "You shouldn't hit girls."

Isabel looks at them, "Yeah but some girls need to be hit." She then delivers a right and a left to both of them quick as lightening, and blackening both their eyes. The girls leave in a hurry after this.

Once gone Max and Michael get to work and they heal Liz and Maria, Maria has two broken ribs, and some scratches and bruising. And Liz has a broken wrist, a concussion and some bruises and scratches.

Once they are healed Liz and Maria sit up looking around them, Max and Michael are smiling gently at them. But everything is not fine, they both remember everything that happened. Maria gets up, "Thanks for healing me, but the next time I'm hurt, don't. I don't want to be indebted to anyone. I can't." She tells Michael.

Liz looks at Max, "Yeah same goes for me thanks, but I don't want your help either." She gets her purse and reaches into it giving both Max and Michael $100.00, "Here that should cover it." Both Max and Michael look at the girls with hurt in their eyes. And Maria and Liz walk to the door.

"Wait guys can't we discuss this?" Isabel says.

"What's there to discuss?" Liz says sadly. They walk out get into the car and leave.

Max and Michael are standing there dumbfounded, looking at the money in their hands.

"This hurts worse then when she slapped me." Max says.

Michael just nods his head.

Isabel has turned bright red. "I told you to fix things before it was to late, but no...I mean could you have made it any worse?"

Max looks at her, "Do you think it's too late to fix it?"

Isabel sighs, "No not really, they still love you, but their hurt."

Alex nods, "Yeah, but I think we can fix things, if you really want to?"

Both Max and Michael nod their heads vigorously up and down.

"Well then we need a good plan." Alex says.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.