FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Pure Shores"
Part 9
by Jennifer007
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
The next two weeks are blissful for Max and Liz. They spend the days swimming, talking, and getting to know each other, sometimes they just walk along the beach hand in hand not saying anything. And the nights, then nights are something that both of them look forward to.

They've been on the island for 5 weeks now, and even though Max hasn't said anything to Liz about it he has started to wonder if they are ever going to get rescued. Which is why he's so surprised one morning.

He hadn't been able to sleep, so he had gotten up and was sitting on top of the deck reading. It was so quiet all you could hear was the water hitting the ship, but then it changed. Another sound had been added. He looked around and then he looked up and there it was, a plane was flying in thier direction.

Max ran downstairs and woke Liz, "Liz get up, there's a plane!"

Liz wakes up startled, "A plane?"

"Yes now get dressed!" He says while running out of the room. He goes and gets the flare gun, and grabs a few flares to be on the safe side.

He goes up top and the plane is closer overhead now, he aims the gun and shoots a flare into the sky, just as he's shooting the second one Liz has came up. She looks up in the sky and smiles, *Their going to be rescued.* Max shoots the second flair.

The plane by then has came overhead and passed.

"What happened?" Liz asks.

"I don't know, they can't land. We can only pray that they saw and will radio for help or whatever."

The rest of the day is spent kind of on edge. Both of them don't want to say what's on their minds. Night comes and they eat but if you had asked them neither of them would have remembered what it was. They head off to bed and both toss and turn all night.

The next day Max and Liz are both up at sunrise practically. Hours pass and both of them are just sitting on the beach looking out to the sea and sky expectantly.

When Liz sees the white object in the sky she almost thinks she's imagining things till she points it out to Max and he sees it to.

When the plane is close to passing it dips it's wings at them, and then something is pushed out the window, as it drops a parachute is deployed on it and it slowly falls to where they are, it lands about 30 feet from the ship, half in and out of the water.

Max and Liz run up to see what it is. It's a metal crate that has snaps on it to open it which Max does. The first thing they see is a small letter.

We have your corrdinates, and a rescue mission has been employed. We are sending a rescue team by ship. They will be here in 3-4 days 4 days being the most. Until then we have sent you the folowing to help.

Sincerely The Coast Guard.

Max looks at the crate, "Come on let's push this up on land."

It's heavy enough that it takes them a little while to do so. But once on land they both start pulling stuff out of it looking at what was sent.

There are canned vegetables and fruits, canned meat, canned milk, a first aid kit, there is a tin with rice in it, a can opener, and bottled water. There is rations of toilet paper, feminine napkins, soap, deodarant, all kinds of stuff, they thought of almost everything. It's like Christmas, not only are they getting rescued but they have food to eat.

Liz and Max are smiling at each other, they carry the stuff to the yacht and once there they just kind of sit there surprised.

"It's hard to believe that were really getting rescued." Liz says.

"I know, it's going to be nice to get back to civilization."

The next two days go by quickly, but there's no sign of the ship that's coming to rescue them.

On the third day Max wakes up with a sense of dread, he knows that if the ship doesn't come today it's going to come toomorow for sure. He looks at Liz's sleeping form and it hits him that things are going to change, they can't just go back and have things be how they are now between them. They spend the day getting things toghether, Liz goes to the fall and takes a shower. She's glad to be going home, but she's actually going to miss all this.

That night after no sign of the ship Max and Liz are up top of the yacht. As a special going away dinner, Max caught some more lobsters and crabs. And Liz cooked them. They opened one of the bottleds of white wine that they had chilled. And toasted their going home. After dinner they sat there, neither one of them really wanting to talk, afraid that it would ruin things. They were both very much aware of what was coming. And neither of them could do anything to stop it. But for one night they could pretend, they could pretend that things were the same and nothing was going to change.

Liz had the cd player going and the song that came on was one that Liz and Max had danced to under the stars one night.

Baby it's no mystery
Your bringing out the best in me
And though I've been in love before
I never had the kinda love that made me feel secure
I never thought the give and take
Mentality was right for me
You made me open up and see
That it's for real and there's no other place I'ld rather be

Max stands up and goes to Liz, "Dance with me." Liz moves into his arms and he holds her close as they sway to the music.

Think about you all the time 24/7 baby
The love I have inside for you
Is more then any words can say
Pray to God on bended knee
We'll always be toghether baby

You and me
If there's a high or low
Anything you need baby
I'll be there for you
Pick you up off your feet yeah
Pray to God on bended knee
We'll always be toghether baby
You and me

After the song ends Max looks at her, "We should get an early night, we have a big day toomorow."

Liz looks sad for a second but it quickly passes, "Yeah your right."

They get the dinner dishes toghether and grab the radio carrying them down below.

Max puts the radio in her room and then goes back upstairs to get the rest of the dishes. He brings them down to Liz who is doing the dishes. He helps her dry them and then puts them up. It's like both of them are trying to slow time down. But time has a different plan for them.

Liz goes into her room and Max goes to the bathroom, as Max is done and he's coming out Liz passes him on her way in, they smile but their smiles are both sad. Once Liz is done she goes out into her room and Max is sitting on the edge of her bed, he's wearing just his boxers and Liz is once again struck with the feeling that this is the last time she'll see him like this. Finally she speaks "So are we going to talk about what's going to happen? Or are we just going to pretend tommorow is another day?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your thinking about what's going to happen aren't you?"

Max looks at her surprised, "How did you know?"

"I can just tell what your thinking, I've thought the same thing."

"And what have you come up with?" Mas asks her.

Liz sits down next to him, "I wish I could tell you, but I don't know. Were going to have to deal with a lot of stuff when we get back. There's the wills and the houses and so much responsibility. I mean if my dad were still alive I would have someone to help me with this mess, but there was no one left but my mom, and now I have to deal with it all."

Max wraps an arm around her, "I know what you mean, it's like fun and games are over now and we have to grow up. In the last couple days I've started thinking, do I want to sell all 10 of my dads cars? Or should I keep them? I know I'm 18 and I have to be mature and all that, but it's a lot of responsibility for someone our age."

Liz looks at him, "And what about us, was that just fun and games or was it more?"

Max looks at her, "You know that it wasn't just a fling or something for me, but I can't say that things are going to be the same. Their not, I'm glad to be going back, but a part of me is sad. Because I know that once we get back home that's it."

Liz puts her fingers to his lips, "Shh...I don't want to talk about it now." She pulls her night shirt over her head and looks at him, "Make love to me Max."

Max crushes her to him they kiss, a kiss not just full of passion and desire. But of longing, desperation, and fear of losing the other.

As they share thier body and souls that night both feel the urgency in each others love making.

They memorize each other's body, as if they don't want to forget a single detail. There are no words except for the cries of ecstasy from each other. And near dawn neither one of them has gotten any sleep. They just held each other and made love all night.

After they had made love for the last time and Liz lays underneath Max she looks at him, "I love you Max."

Max looks down at her, this is the first time the words have been said, minutes pass.

As Max opens his mouth to speak they hear a voice over a speaker, "Ahoy there!!!!"

Max looks at her and rolls off of her, "Thier here."

Liz nods as Max throws his clothes on. "I'll be up top, I'll see you when you get dressed."

Liz nods again, and Max closes the door. Only when he closes the door does she let the tears fall, she knows that now it's over. Their heading back to civilization and whatever Max and her shared has came to an end. The minute the ship came it had ended.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.