FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Purple Passion"
Part 5
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters are THE WB'S.
Summary: Sequel to Crab Nebula in Taurus. Liz faints after Max questions her about a hickey that he suspects was put there by a shape-shifter pretending to be him.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: Theme started in "Treasures Found"(CD Afterhours) and continues in order "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," and "Crab Nebula in Taurus."
Kyle and Teresa stop by the Sheriff's office on their way to the lake to give him the phone number to the Parker's lake house and directions on how to get there.

The Sheriff is very concerned about the possibility that someone has been following the kids. If the stalker is an enemy alien what kind of game is he playing by returning the clothes?

"Come on sweetheart, let's go." Teresa calls to Mirror who has taken up residence in the Sheriff's chair. "I don't know why you insist on putting those things in her hair. She doesn't like it." Kyle points to the puppy that has been trying to dislodge a ribbon from its hair.

"She does so like it, don't you, Mirror?" Teresa walks around the desk and picks the puppy up.

Kyle is shaking his head no to let his dad know his opinion while Teresa's back is turned.

"Teri, it's already 9:00, lets go." Kyle barks out.

Mirror's ears perk up at hearing Kyle's raised voice and she lets Teresa know that she wants to be placed on the floor. The puppy scurries over to Kyle and they begin their game of what Teresa's refers to as slap paw.

"Okay, okay, lets go." Teresa bends down to put Mirrors leash on but she runs away.

"Kyle, now she just wants to play." Teresa puts one hand on her hip while the leash hangs from the other.

Mirror is back in the Sheriffs chair and Teresa and Kyle receive a connection from the puppy that she doesn't want to go with the couple to the lake.

"Dad, Mirror doesn't want to go. She senses something. Maybe we should stay here with you." Kyle looks from his Dad to Teresa.

"Kyle, I get the feeling that it's not that she doesn't want us to go it's that she doesn't want to go with us." Teresa explains to father and son as she scratches behind Mirror's ear.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be happy to puppy sit." Sheriff Valenti says as he brushes dog hair out of his chair before sitting down. "As long as she stays out of my chair."

"If you're sure Sheriff. She's already eaten and we don't let her eat between meals. She prefers bottled water but if not it has to be really cold. And another thing..." Kyle puts his hand over her month and his arm around her waist and starts to back out of the office.

"Thanks a lot dad, we're call you when we get there." Kyle has dragged Teresa out of the door and around the corner when he suddenly runs back in. "And Dad," Kyle closes his fingers over his head as though he's removing something and mouths the words "take that ribbon out of her head."

"I heard that Kyle." Teresa's voice echoes throughout the hall.

Kyle is laughing when he waves goodbye to his dad.

Jim Valenti smiles as he looks down at the puppy that Kyle and Teresa shares responsibility. Granted the mutt is smart but he finds it hard to believe that they can actually communicate with the animal.

A frown furrows his forehead when he thinks how the couple's relationship has progressed. He likes Teresa and the other aliens as well but to have Kyle committed to a relationship with one has him worried.

He's always considered himself a liberal and he's sure if Kyle was dating a human minority, he wouldn't think twice about it. But alien dating puts a whole new twist on the age-old adage about different cultures being from different worlds.

The Sheriff settles down into a morning of paper work and Mirror appears to be content to just laze in a spot in front of the window soaking up the sun.

Jim Valenti doesn't notice the puppy's ears twitch or hear the low growl it emits even in sleep.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.