FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Sense of Completion"
Part 37
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
The doctor was monitoring the room the teens were in with an impartial stare. So far the two hadn't done anything, and it had been 15 minutes. He frowned, but then shrugged realizing that even if the teens didn't cooperate, they could still get the sample another way.

The doctor heard a noise and turned with the gun in hand. Then he relaxed when he saw Topolsky come back into the monitoring room, and he glanced back into the other room. "Where's Valenti? Didn't he show?" the doctor asked.

But before he could turn back around he felt a sudden whisper of movement, then a flash of pain and then nothing.

Nasedo looked down at the dead doctor with a smile. He had wanted to do that for a long time. Then he glanced down into the exam room where the two teens were quietly talking, and he frowned, and then sighed. He changed back into Max knowing that was the only way they would believe who he was, and he headed for the room.

Liz sat on the table, with Max standing next to her, his arms around her while she continued to call for Jordan.

They both swung their heads towards the door as it opened, knowing it was not time yet, but they were probably being watched and Topolsky was probably angry. But instead they saw Nasedo.

Max looked at the image of himself across the room and sucked in his breath. Too weird, he thought.

Liz stiffened also holding her breath. Had they sent Nasedo in here to threaten them into cooperating? And why hadn't they just use Nasedo's sample all this time? The thought crossed Liz's mind.

"Because all their experiments made me sterile! Damn then!" Nasedo spat, having read Liz's mind. "Not that I would ever want to be that close to a human." He finished with revulsion clear in his voice.

"Why are you here?" Max asked, waiting for the worst.

The image of Max smiled back at him. "I'm here to get you out."

Max's eyes narrowed. "Why would you do that? You brought us here," he asked suspiciously.

"I'll get what I want and you'll get what you want. Now do you want to stand around here all night asking questions or do you want to get out of here before Topolsky comes back up here with your sheriff?" Nasedo asked in disgust.

Max helped Liz off the table and took her hand. *It's our only chance right now. * Max thought to Liz. And she squeezed his hand in agreement.

Nasedo led the way down the hall, and toward the back stairs he had come from.

"What the hell? Freeze! Don't move!" Topolsky yelled as she and the sheriff turned the corner in time to see two Max's and Liz heading down the hall in the other direction.

When Topolsky pulled her gun, the sheriff took that opportunity to knock it from her hands, but before he could do anything more, she turned to him in a rage of insanity, and attacked him.

Nasedo couldn't let either of those two live, especially Topolsky. His eyes narrowed as he came back down the hall, closer to the two struggling, and shot a bolt of something that looked like lightening at the two struggling.

"NO!" Max yelled not know how, but he knew what Nasedo was going to do.

A shove of his arm took Nasedo's aim off. He was only able to catch Topolsky's arm, but it was enough to push the sheriff and Topolsky apart and Topolsky was thrown up against one wall while the sheriff, having been thrown up against the wall across from her, straightened and looked down the hall at where the bolt had come from. He was breathing hard and was shocked. For looking back at him were two Max Evans'!

One of the Max's lifted his arm again and aimed it at the sheriff.

"DAD!" the sheriff heard before he was tackled to the floor by 160 pounds of varsity wrestler.

Then all hell broke loose. Topolsky came at Nasedo like a crazy woman and Nasedo blasted her into dust with his electric bolt of light. At the same time, Isabel, Alex and Michael came out from the stairway where Kyle had come from, and ran to help Kyle and the Sheriff up.

Another blast from Nasedo pushed all of them apart, and they all watched in fear as Nasedo re- aimed at the sheriff and Kyle again, who were still close together after the blast.

Cassie and Maria had also come flying up the stairway behind Nasedo, and Max and Liz, when they heard the first blast, and Cassie saw Nasedo aim at Kyle and the sheriff again.

"NO! Nasedo! Please!" She cried and ran in front of Nasedo to stop the kill.

Nasedo lifted his arm just in time and the bolt went wild up into the ceiling, leaving a huge whole. "DAMN IT GIRL! I could have killed you!" Nasedo growled, cursing in fright. "Move aside! The Sheriff can not live!" He said and pushed Cassie aside.

"NO! Please!" Cassie begged, then realized Nasedo wasn't listening to her. "DADDY?" she tried as a last chance.

Nasedo stumbled for a second, met her eyes with surprised ones, then shook it off and let his eyes turn cold again. Then he aimed once again at the Sheriff and Kyle.

The bolt went out straight for Kyle and the Sheriff. They both held their breaths unable to move as the bolt, in slow motion came right at them.

When the bolt exploded in front of them, and they closed their eyes from the glare, Kyle thought that was it. The sound was deafening, and he wondered if he was supposed to feel nothing after being hit. But then wasn't he supposed to be toast like Topolsky right about now?

He opened his eyes and frantically looked to see his dad was still right beside him looking just as surprised at still being alive. The he noticed a shining light around him and his dad, and also around Alex, Michael and Isabel who were behind them.

And then there in front of them, between the light surrounding them, and Nasedo, was Jordan.

Jordan stood facing Nasedo with a calm exterior.

Nasedo just laughed when he saw the big man. "You thought I was dead didn't you Jordan?" he said with an evil light glowing in his eyes.

Max had pushed Liz and Maria behind him when all the action had begun, and was still keeping them protected against the wall behind Nasedo. Now he sighed when he saw Jordan, and he could feel the two girls sigh next to him as well.

Cassie looked between Jordan and Nasedo, for she was still against one of the walls near Nasedo where he had pushed her the last time. She held her breath, not sure what would happen to Jordan. She had seen the evil and destruction Nasedo could do.

"I thought you were dead Nasedo, yes." Jordan answered quietly and started forward.

"Stay where you are Jordan! I'll kill you too if I have to." He threatened, raising his arm once again.

Jordan just advanced, shaking his head. And continued on after Nasedo blasted him and it bounced off the light surrounding Jordan as well.

Nasedo looked confused. It hadn't hit him that a shield had protected the sheriff and the others before, because he had been so focused on Jordan's appearance. Now he realized what was happening and he panicked. Jordan had improved in his own powers as well over the years.

"I'm leaving Jordan, but I'm taking what's mine with me." Nasedo said and suddenly grabbed Cassie, who was still to the side of him.

"NO!" Cassie heard from down the hall, and met Kyle's eyes with sad ones as Nasedo squeezed her arm and held her closer to him.

"You are not taking anyone. Go if you must, and don't come back to these parts. But you will not take another innocent one and turn them into an animal like yourself." Jordan said quietly. Jordan knew he shouldn't let Nasedo go, but with the people all around them, and Nasedo blocking him from using his force field on the rest of the teens, he knew they would be in danger if he and Nasedo had it out. The time would come though.

"YOU CAN NOT TELL ME WHO I CAN TAKE! Cassie is MY DAUGHTER! You have no say here! These filthy humans took me away from my children, used me and kept me from them, and now I will not lose her. They killed my son! He killed my son!!!!" Nasedo shouted, staring at the sheriff with fury and hate.

Cassie felt a stab of pity for the man who called himself her father, for he had suffered at the hands of the government all these years, but he was also no longer a sane, caring Teronian. He was a cold-blooded killer, and he made Cassie quake to her very bones being this close to him. But she had made a promise. And she knew if she went with him quietly, she might save all the others including Jordan from anymore harm.

"Please Jordan. Let us go. Everyone will be safe if I go with him." Cassie swallowed and pleaded hoarsely with Jordan.

Jordan met her eyes and his own sent her a shining ray of warmth. He could feel how cold the girl was. And he knew her pain, and her suffering to sacrifice herself for all of them.

Jordan saw Max start to move from behind Nasedo and he shot him a sharp look and a no.

Max stopped completely and knew that Jordan needed to take care of this, and not be distracted. He felt Liz's hand slide into his and he just held it tight. She knew how difficult it was for him to just do nothing.

"It's a good thing you stopped the boy, Jordan. Or I would have killed him so fast and easily." Nasedo laughed evilly. He hadn't even looked behind him, but he had known that Max had moved. He had felt it. These teens were so pathetic to think they could go against his powers.

"Cassie No! I won't let you go!" Kyle called out and tried to move down the hall toward them. But the light also held him back. He swore and met Cassie's eyes helplessly.

Cassie could see the pleading in Kyle's eyes for her not to do this. She met his eyes, smiled a sad smile, whispered her love, which she knew Kyle read on her lips, and then turned to Nasedo.

"If we leave now, without any more harm coming to any of them, I'll go with you quietly." Cassie said looking intently into Nasedo's eyes.

Nasedo was torn. He wanted to kill that sheriff for shooting his son, and he wanted Jordan dead as well. Jordan was his enemy and a mighty strong adversary. He couldn't afford to let him live. But he knew he didn't have the advantage against Jordan right now, and there would always be next time, now that he knew Jordan lived.

"You will come with me quietly?" Nasedo met Cassie's eyes and saw her promise in them as she nodded.

"Yes. I promise," she said softly, holding the tears and shaking at bay for the moment. She had never been so afraid before in her life.

Part 36 | Index | Part 38
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.