FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Sense of Completion"
Part 3
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Maria walked over to Kyle and sat across from him in the booth.

“How long have our parents been…seeing each other?” she swallowed. She might as well find out as much as she could.

Kyle looked up at Maria, and then shrugged. He didn’t look too happy either. “Hell, I don’t know. All I know is I came home late one night about a week ago and found your mom at our house. I didn’t like it. I don’t have to like it, but what the hell can we do about it?” he sighed. “They don’t need our permission to date if that’s what they want.”

Maria took in a deep breath and tried to calm down. Kyle didn’t know what she knew. And what his dad suspected he knew. “Don’t you think it’s strange that after all these years, now your dad becomes interested in my mom?” she asked quietly.

“Yeah, I guess, I mean, I try not to think about my dad’s sex life or whatever.” Kyle stammered and got up to pace.

A few students came in and the place started filling up. A friend of Kyle’s waved at him.

Kyle turned back to Maria who was just sitting where she had been. “I don’t like it either, but what I like or don’t like has never been a big priority for my dad.” He said and started to walk away to join his group of buddies at another table.

“Kyle?” Maria called out.

Kyle turned and waited. He looked tired. She wondered how he’d been doing through all of this. It had to have been hard on him too, the whole stalker issue. “Thanks. I never thanked you for coming in and jumping Paulie like that, when he had a gun and everything.” She said softly.

Kyle nodded and shrugged. “It’s no big deal, anyone would have done it.” And he walked away.

Maria looked after him. Did he really believe that? Not just anyone would have risked his life like that. Kyle? The one she had always thought was just another insensitive jock? Then she sighed and tried to think about what Kyle had said about their parents. Maria wished she could believe that it was just that. Two people interested in each other. She knew her mom dated, so that wasn’t the real issue. It was WHOM she was dating. And why the sheriff was interested in her mom.

Michael, Alex and Isabel walked in just then, and when they saw her, they headed over.

Maria moved over and Michael slid in next to her. He looked at her, “You’re worrying too much again. Sniff some cedar or something.” He told her.

Maria glared at him but he only grinned. Then Maria smiled, realizing he was trying to egg her on.

Michael put an arm around Maria and she snuggled up against him. She was so glad that he had stopped fighting what was between them. Now that he knew about his past, and had some major answers, he was more relaxed and happy with where he was. Knowing there was nothing out there he was missing.

“Where are Max and Liz?” Isabel asked looking around, as she slid into the booth, and made room for Alex.

“Liz had to meet with a lab partner for something right after school, and Max was going to drive her here when she was done. They should be here soon.” Maria answered and then nodded toward the door when the pair walked through.

“You just look a little pale.” Max was saying as they came up to the group.

“I’m fine. Just tired. I don’t think any of us got much sleep last night.” Liz explained.

Max frowned, as he pulled a chair up to the booth, and sitting in it, he coaxed Liz onto his lap.

“You do look a little pale.” Alex piped up looking his friend over.

Liz gave him a look. “Thank you.” She said pointedly.

Alex shrugged. “Well you do. Don’t give me that look Parker. Max is right.”

Liz looked down at Max and hugged him and smiled. “I’m okay. Don’t worry. Just tired. I’ll get a good night’s sleep tonight.” She promised.

Max hugged her closer to him and nodded. “You sure will.”

“What does that mean?” she asked.

Max smiled at her and his eyes took on that intense look. “I’ll be there tonight to make sure you sleep good.” He answered.

Liz just stared, and then smiled. She wouldn’t argue with that. But then she felt the hardness beneath her and laughed.

“And just how much sleep will I be getting?” she teased.

“Enough. If you behave yourself.” Max grinned and squeezed her arm lightly knowing she could feel his excitement at having her close. It was inevitable. It always had been.

“So what are we going to do about Valenti and Maria’s mom?” Isabel asked anxiously.

“Well what can we do?” Max asked looking around at the worried faces.

“Maybe he really does just like Maria’s mom. She’s really sweet and fun.” Liz proposed.

“And if he’s not really interested in her?” Michael asked with a frown.

“What do you suggest Michael?” Max asked and looked at Liz as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“I don’t know. I guess all we can do is be extra cautious and see what Valenti’s up to, if anything.” Michael sighed not liking it, but not having a better answer. And apparently none of them did, because no one came up with anything else.

Liz opened her eyes, and the dizziness had passed. But she met Max’s concerned frown.

“I’m hungry and just a little dizzy okay.” She finally admitted. She just didn’t want to worry anyone when it was probably nothing.

Max went pale and jumping up. He sat Liz back down and looked around. “What do you want to eat? You should eat if you’re dizzy. How long have you been dizzy?” he asked.

“Only since mid morning. Max it’s okay. I’m just tired and didn’t eat well this morning.” Liz said and then looked to Isabel and Maria for help.

“Max, let me go get us some fries or something.” Maria said and Michael got up to let her out.

“I can get it myself. I’m not crippled guys.” Liz sighed.

“You sit right there. We don’t want you to faint on us or anything.” Michael added, holding a hand out to prevent Liz from standing, and he followed Maria into the kitchen.

“Bring a milk for Liz!” Max called to them.

“Chocolate milk!” Liz called out as well. “If I have to drink milk, I want chocolate milk.” She insisted with a pout.

Max took her face gently between his palms and studied her face. “You sure that’s all. No other symptoms?”

Liz understood his concern. They still didn’t know what to expect from this pregnancy. Jordan had told them that every woman had different symptoms, and just to be aware of them. But she didn’t want Max and everyone to worry about her every time she took a breath for the next two years!

“Max. I’m fine. I’ll tell you if it’s anything more okay? I’m just dizzy and I think its just cause I’m tired and hungry okay?” she smiled to loosen the worry around Max’s gorgeous eyes.

Max finally nodded, knowing she was telling the truth. He just wanted to take care of her. Her life, and that of their child’s was his responsibility no matter what anyone said to the contrary.

Liz stood up, let Max sit back down, and then she snuggled back onto his lap, and cuddled into him. “Max I will honestly go insane if every time I so much as blink over the next year and a half, you guys all panic.”

Isabel smiled. “She’s right guys. Liz will let us know if she feels it’s something we should be concerned about.” Isabel winked when she saw Liz thank her with her eyes.

Alex looked a little pale himself, worrying about his friend, but then smiled and nodded at the logic behind what they were saying.

Maria and Michael came back out with loads of fries and some steak, which Michael placed in front of Liz.

Liz’s looked up at Michael and raised an eyebrow in question.

Michael shrugged as Maria placed a glass of chocolate Milk in front of her as well. “Steak is good for you. It has a lot of iron and protein.” He said and looked a little uncomfortable when they all stared at him as if he had grown another head.

“What? So I can cook and I read up on foods.” He mumbled.

“I can’t eat all this!” Liz exclaimed looking around at all the faces waiting for her to eat.

“Maria?” Liz looked to her for help.

“Here Chica, I didn’t know how much to put in your milk.” Maria smiled down at her friend as she handed her the bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Liz just rolled her eyes and they all laughed.

*********************

Later that night as Liz was dozing in Max’s arms, she had a flash of something but couldn’t make it out.

She gasped and sat up.

“Liz?” Max whispered and sat up as well, putting his arm around her.

Max had snuck in her window earlier, after everyone had gone to bed in her house and in his. He had just held her and stroked her hair, as she had dozed off.

“Max! I… I don’t know…I felt something.” She tried to explain.

Max looked confused but placed a hand on her tummy. “The baby? Already?”

“No. No… just a feeling I got, like something’s going to happen.”

“Happen? What do you mean? To you? What?” he paled.

“No… I … I don’t know. Maybe I just had a nightmare.” Liz shook her head and turned to Max.

“I’m sorry. I think I just had a nightmare is all. You know. I’m okay really. Probably too much Tabasco sauce. It probably gave me a nightmare.” She teased and tried to pry a smile out of Max.

Finally Max relaxed and did give a small smile as his eyes, warm with love, met hers. “Come here. Let me just hold you. No more nightmares okay?” he whispered against her hair as they snuggled back down in her bed, and he kissed the top of her head.

“I promise.” Liz whispered back and frowned to herself, knowing she hadn’t really fallen asleep yet to have a nightmare, but what else could it have been?

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.