FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Sense of Completion"
Part 4
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Liz felt more refreshed the next day as she was opening her locker. Thanks to Max, she really had slept better the night before. Although she had wanted to do more than just sleep with Max last night, he had insisted she get some rest and that they had the rest of their lives to be together. Liz smiled. She loved that thought!

As she put her books in her locker and traded one for another to take to the library, she felt lips connect with her neck.

She tingled and immediately felt the jolt of passion and love. Then she sighed when the mouth continued to kiss her neck, and arms came around her as well.

Liz turned around easily in Max’s embrace and slid her own hands around his neck. “Hey.” She smiled brightly up at him.

Max studied her face. “Hey. You look better today.” He nodded and smiled back, more relieved now.

“What time did you leave this morning? I wish you would have woken me.” Liz said, kissing his neck briefly where it opened at his shirt collar.

“You needed to sleep. And if I would have woken you this morning when I got up, you would not have gone back to sleep, and I wouldn’t have left.” He whispered in a low, hoarse voice.

Liz sighed and smiled up at him. “Charmer.” She teased.

“I’ll see you in Biology, if not before.” He grinned and then took her mouth in a long, sweet kiss.

They both moaned as they finally pulled apart and Max, his eyes somewhat dazed with passion smiled down into Liz’s equally dazed face.

“Damn, shouldn’t have done that. Now I’ll have to walk with my books in front of me for the rest of the day.” He said and winked as he left.

Liz leaned up against her locker and swallowed. How the heck did he manage to do that to her every time!

“Can you walk?” she heard a teasing voice behind her. Liz turned to see Kyle standing a few lockers down, opening his own locker. He looked tired and rushed.

Liz smiled. “Yes I can walk. Why were you going to offer to help me?” Liz teased back.

Kyle raised his hands up in front of him. “No way! I don’t want to get the big guy pissed at me.” He grinned.

Liz stopped smiling when she saw the tired look in Kyle’s eyes, and the sadness as well.

“You okay Kyle? How’s Vicki?” she asked quietly.

Kyle shrugged. “Fine. I guess. She went home yesterday, and she said she was fine on the phone last night.”

When Liz just waited for him to continue he sighed. Liz had always been a good listener. And he did want to ask her a few questions. “Okay. Vicki and I realized that we were just friends. She’s not wanting anything to tie her down, and to tell you the truth, I’m relieved.” He admitted and leaned back against his locker now.

“I’m sorry Kyle.” Liz replied.

Kyle waved her off. Then straightened up and looked at her seriously. “Hey Liz, how did you know Evans was the one for you? I mean, we dated, and had fun, but it was like lightning hit you or something with Evans.”

Liz smiled at that description. “Lightning. Yeah, you could say it was like that.”

Kyle watched her face brighten at the thought of her and Max, and he sighed.

“Kyle? Ahh… you’re not still thinking…”

“Us? No.” Kyle interrupted and smiled at her. “We weren’t meant Liz. Evans is just perfect for you. I don’t know how to explain it, but you guys are just the perfect couple. You think alike and when you two are in the same vicinity, wow! The air around you heats up.” He said in amazement, and shaking his head.

Liz laughed and then looked into Kyle’s still sad eyes and said serioulsy. “And that makes you sad?” she asked.

Kyle sighed and shifted from one foot to the other, not sure why he had brought this up now. He didn’t even know himself what he wanted. “I guess, seeing you and Max so perfect together, and there being so much …there… I don’t know. I kinda want to find that myself you know?” he finally admitted.

Liz brightened. “Do you think you’ve found her?” she asked hopefully. Kyle shook his head. “No. That’s just it. I’m really not the kind of guy who can do and say things like Max can. I mean, I wouldn’t know what to say to a girl, or even how to act to make her happy. You girls are really confusing.” He gave her a side smile.

Liz laughed. “Kyle. When you find the right girl, you will know how to be. You will just know what makes her happy and she will know what makes you happy.”

“Yeah, well you and Max didn’t make each other happy for quite awhile.” He reminded her.

“True, but then, we were fighting it. Or rather he was.” Liz admitted. “But once we stopped fighting it, and gave in to our feelings, it was much easier.”

“Yeah, well, I can’t believe I will ever find someone like that for me. I mean the way Evan’s looks at you, and the way you look at him, I can’t imagine anyone feeling that strongly about me or ever looking at some girl the way Max looks at you.”

Liz only smiled. “That’s only cause you haven’t found her yet. You will Kyle.” Liz felt sure about this.

Kyle nodded. “Yeah, well, thanks for listening Liz. Sorry I made you late for your first class.” He said and started away.

“You didn’t. I’m heading to the library to work on a chemistry project.” She called after him, and then realized she was late and raced toward the library.

**************************

Liz was out of breath when she finally put her books down in front of her lab partner Cassandra Owens a few minutes later.

“I’m sorry I’m late. Kyle Valenti needed some cheering up.” She explained briefly.

“Kyle? Why? Is he okay? Is Vicki okay?” there was concern in Cassandra’s voice.

Liz looked up from opening her book and nodded. “Oh yeah, Vicki’s fine. It’s just that they broke up and you know …” Liz shrugged.

“Kyle and Vicki broke up?” Cassandra’s voice went up and Liz noticed the girls eyes light up.

Liz got a humming feeling through her and looked harder at Cassandra. The girl looked excited and happy and all because Kyle had broken up with Vicki. Liz wondered if there was a possibility here. She wanted to shrug it off, but that humming seemed to get louder when she thought about the possibility. Kyle and Cassandra? She thought. It seemed to spark right and she caught her breath. She didn’t know why her intuition was so strong here, or why her body hummed strangely when she got an idea. What the heck was happening to her?

Cassandra looked down and around awkwardly as Liz continued to study her.

When Liz realized she was staring and making the girl uncomfortable, she shook herself and smiled.

“Sorry. I… my mind wandered. So Cassandra…” Liz started, opening her chemistry book.

“Cassie.” The girl interrupted softly.

“Cassie.” Liz smiled and nodded. “Let’s see what we can salvage of what’s left of this hour.” She said with apology.

*******************************

Alex walked toward the Crashdown after school that day. He had stayed after school to practice with his band, and had told Isabel he’d meet her there afterwards.

A large shadow came out in front of him, blocking the sun. Alex looked up from his thoughts.

“Going somewhere, Whitman?” A male voice said snidely.

Alex looked up at the two football players standing in his way. It was two troublemakers who loved to give Alex hell. Don and Phillip were grinning above him and Alex sighed. He didn’t have time for this today.

“I’m late guys and don’t have time to chat, although I’m sure I’d be real interesting.” He said and tried to get around them.

“What does that mean? You don’t go anywhere unless we let you go.” Don threatened, enjoying the bullying.

“Alex?”

The three guys turned to see Isabel walking across the street toward them.

“Oh, what is your girlfriend now going to stick up for you?” Phil whispered as they all watched Isabel approach.

“I’ll be right in Isabel. Meet me in the Crashdown.” Alex said, not wanting them to start on Isabel, or for her to get her temper up at them. Only he knew what she was capable of doing.

“Well just come with me.” Isabel smiled too brightly and taking his arm, she tried to get around the football players.

“And why don’t you stay with us Evans? You really are a hot one you know that?” Phil said now standing in her way.

“Get out of the way Phil.” Isabel warned.

“Maybe if you will come play with us, we’ll let your little boyfriend here go.” Don offered.

Isabel and Alex both got angry. But Alex held Isabel back knowing she was ready to pounce and that she would not think about what she was doing.

“And how about you guys move aside and let them pass.” Another voice cut in.

They all turned to the new voice. Kyle stood behind the two jocks, looking casual, but mean.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.