FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"The Experiment"
Part 3
by LivE
Disclaimer: Nothing Roswell is mine, sadly!!!
Summary: This takes place two weeks after Destiny. Someone from the alien’s race contacts them and takes them to a camp where they were to receive training before returning to their planet. Or maybe for something else! Read and find out…
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Journal Entry 6

It is amazing to watch them together. The air around them is charged with unspoken emotions and they get wrapped up in each other completely. How effortless it all seems!

Max went back to Liz’s side, his fingers skimming her face reverently. Nick could only watch in wonder as his race’s young leader leaned in and softly kissed the girl in the bed, uttering whispered professions of love.

Tess was furious. The biggest obstacle between her and Max Evans’ complete devotion was back. She folded her arms and glared at her nemesis before erupting into speech. "They can’t stay here! It would be too dangerous for us."

Nobody listened to her, they were all too absorbed in the reunions.

"Max…" Liz called his name softly, still in her drugged state. Tears leaked from her eyelids as she clutched Max’s hand tighter.

Max made a distressed sound and gathered her into his arms. He stood up and faced the silent audience. "I’m taking her to my tent." His voice was determined and flat. He didn’t wait for any reaction, but strode out with Liz cradled protectively in his arms.

A stir went through the camp following Max’s silent progress towards his tent. He didn’t even notice. His eyes never left Liz.

Back in his tent, he lay her down gently on his bed and slid in next to her. The bed was narrow, but that didn’t matter as he pulled her flush with his body and encircled her with his arms. His heart rate was still not back to normal and he willed himself to calm down for her sake. So many thoughts were racing through his head. ‘Liz is here! Why did they bring her here? She won’t be safe! Liz is here!’ He hugged her close as his heart and soul sighed: ‘Liz is here.’

Liz whimpered softly and stirred. Confusion flooded her. The last thing she remembered was the piece of material over her mouth in an unknown car and the knowledge that she had somehow failed Max again. Then she remembered that Max had left and she moaned, the sound full of despair.

Max gasped as the sound cut into his heart. He pulled away from her. "Liz! You’re okay. I… You’re okay. Shhh."

Liz was afraid to open her eyes. Maybe if she kept them closed, this dream would not end. She was in Max’s arms again and it was pure bliss to relive the feelings of love and protection that always resulted from that. As she slowly drifted closer to full consciousness, the sensation of Max’s closeness increased. His arms were crushing her into his body, his breath on her skin, his heart thundering in her ear and finally, his broken words of comfort registered.

Liz jerked away from him abruptly, nearly tumbling over the side of the bed before Max caught her. She stared at his wildly, afraid to believe that what her eyes were showing her was the truth. Then she saw the hurt look on Max’s face and realized that it was really him. He was here… with her.

The fist crushing his heart was back. She was afraid of him. Afraid that he would hurt her again! He had trouble getting his voice to work: "Liz! Please… I…"

She didn’t give him a chance to finish. She flung herself onto him and pressed her mouth to his. She kissed him desperately, curling her arms around his neck and running her hands into his hair. Her breathing was short and labored and the tears falling from her eyes wet his face as she rained kissed all over it. "Oh god, I thought I would never see you again!" she muttered against his lips.

She kissed him again, and Max finally came out of his stupor. He encircled her with his arms and slid his hand into her hair, deepening their kiss. He never wanted this moment to end. Liz was back in his arms where she belonged and that was all that mattered.

The timber of the kiss changed slowly as desperation was steadily replaced by desire. Max ran his hands down her back, sliding them lower until he reached her thighs. They both groaned as he pulled her astride his hips, her knees resting on the bed at his sides. He cupped her rear with one hand, pressing her closer into his body, while he brought the other one back up to press between her shoulder blades, sealing her to him from breast to thigh. Their tongues danced against each other, tasting and caressing and Max greedily caught each of her soft moans with his mouth.

Liz felt lightheaded. His heat was burning her through her clothes and increasing the ache low in her stomach. She experimentally rubbed herself against him, trying to assuage the building need in her body. Her movements caused a trembling to start deep inside her body, and only served to increase the instinctive need to have Max inside her.

Max moaned against her mouth and rolled her over until she was pinned beneath him. Tearing his mouth away from hers, he kissed down her jaw line to her neck, causing her to arch her head in ecstasy. He bit down her neck to her T-shirt’s neckline and reached up to pull the shirt from her shoulder. He ran his tongue over her collarbone, passionately tasting her.

Liz arched her body into his. "Max, please… touch me!" She grabbed his hand and brought it to the exposed part of her stomach where her shirt had ridden up.

Max pulled away to look at her. His eyes were dark and hooded with passion. He was breathing like he’d run a marathon. His eyes fell to her mouth, swollen as a result of his kisses and he watched as she formed another plea. "Please…"

He took her mouth again almost roughly. Plundering its depths in an almost frantic need to be as close to her as possible. At the same time he slid his hand up under her shirt, trailing fire where he touched. He hesitated when he reached her rib cage, just below her breasts. This was as far as they’ve ever gone, but right now, Liz needed more. She put her hand over his and urged him higher.

"Aren’t you two forgetting someone?" A sharp voice intruded on their haze of passion. The both blinked in an effort to find the origin of the intrusion.

Max finally turned towards the entrance to his tent, his hand slowly slipping from underneath Liz’s shirt. The cold feeling around his heart returned, because in the doorway stood his alien wife.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.