FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"The Unknown"
Part 2
by Anne B.
Disclaimer: Sadly none of this belongs to me…Roswell belongs to the WB, Jason Katims, and all of those producer people, and Melinda Metz…please don’t sue me…The song Unknown is by Lifehouse. I don’t own that either, surprise, surprise!
Summary: Post-Viva Las Vegas…
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
The back alley was dark, and Liz felt herself shivering, as her bare shoulders stood exposed to the cool night air.

Slipping her hand free of Max’s, Liz wrapped her arms around her shoulders to keep warm, and took a few steps away from him, desperate to clear her thoughts and get her mind focused on the matter at hand…like what she was going to say to Max. Confusion overwhelmed her, and she didn’t know how to do it…she had been lying to him for so long.

“Here.” Max said softly as he came up behind her and placed his jacket around her shoulders. She smiled a soft thank you to him, clutching it tighter around her, as she breathed in Max’s scent with a content sigh. Again she almost forgot why they were out there, loosing herself in the moment of her and Max alone together for the first time in a long while…until Max began to speak.

“Liz…back there when I told you about my vision, it sort of seemed like you wanted to say something.”

Mustering up all of the courage within her, Liz nodded, confirming Max’s suspicions.

“Yeah…I did.” She admitted. “It’s just…you totally took me by surprise Max, telling me about that vision you had…because this whole trip, the entire time we’ve been in this city, my mind has been consumed with the same vision…you and me getting married in Vegas. As corny as it sounds, Max….it’s what I want. It’s crazy and cheesy…spontaneous and completely unlike me. I’ve always thought my dream wedding would be a big event with all my friends and family…but I realized that none of that’s important. All that’s important to me is that it’s you and me saying ‘I do’.”

Max stared at Liz in absolute amazement. It had been so long since she had been so completely open and honest with him, that now that her feelings were out there in the open, it threw him, and he found himself uncertain as to what to say or do.

“You still think of us that way?” Max asked her softly, his heart pounding with emotion. He needed to hear it bluntly and honestly…to confirm it for real. Max knew without a doubt that he had always been consumed with Liz…but she walked away from him so completely, going so far as to sleep with Kyle. It had discouraged him so much that he had found himself doubting her feelings…but in an instant his hope had been completely restored.

“I know that I’m not supposed to…but I can’t help it. I’ve been fighting it for so long…but even now it’s still true. You’re the center of my whole world, Max.”

“Liz!” Max gasped out hoarsely, moved beyond words at her honesty. He pulled her back into his embrace, engulfing her with his love as he rested his forehead against hers, breathing in her scent, as he closed his eyes trying to hide the tears of emotion that had swept free.

It had been so long since they had been able to be together like this, just the two of them, Max and Liz, with no Zan in the picture, and the complications of the rest of the world falling between them.

Max opened his soul to her once again, pouring his words of love out into the open.

“I’ve been trying so hard to let you go, even though it’s been killing me inside…but even now after all this time, my love for you hasn’t faded, Liz, not one bit. You’re still the most important person in the world to me.”

Loosing herself in Max’s words, Liz found herself almost angry at everything that she and Max had been put through. It was as if the world wanted them to suffer, when all they needed to be happy were each other. Everything was so messed up…and it seemed like for this one night, in this one city, she and Max could almost forget everything that had happened, ignore their mutual responsibilities, and just pretend that everything was okay between them.

Tilting her head up, Liz found herself longing for one thing that she had been starving for. It had been so long, and she needed him so much…her soul felt like it had been cold and dreary for so long, and only Max could make it burn again…everything was already starting to heat up.

Inch by inch, she closed in on her target, until finally she pressed her lips against his, hungry for the taste of him, and he obliged her instantly, responding quickly to her advances. He slid one hand down the line of her jaw to cup her face, feeling the soft strands of her loose tendrils of hair between his fingertips as he deepened the kiss, drinking her in with a thirst for her that he had almost forgotten came with each and every kiss.

Liz gasped into Max’s mouth as the familiar feeling of their deep connection sprung to live. It hadn’t faded in their months apart, springing to life as strongly as the day of their last kiss.

Images surged between their two minds, reaffirming everything that they had gone through together.

**FLASH**

Max staring at Liz as he stepped off of the school bus his first day of school.

**FLASH**

Max connecting to Liz for the first time after the shooting.

**FLASH**

Max comforting Liz after her Grandmother died.

**FLASH**

Their first kiss.

**FLASH**

The first date.

**FLASH**

Max making Liz glow as they kissed each other with a feverish passion.

**FLASH**

Liz walking away from Max at the Pod Chamber.

**FLASH**

An older Max, donned completely in leather appearing on Liz’s balcony.

**FLASH**

Max seeing Liz on the streets of New York.

**FLASH**

The vision of the two of them in full wedding attire.

**FLASH**

As the flashes faded away, Max slowed their passionate kisses, finally pulling away from her lips and settling his forehead against hers once more.

“God, I’ve missed that so much.” He whispered to her.

“Me too.” She sighed happily. “I wish we could stay like this forever.”

“I do too.” Max agreed. “But we can’t. What we can do, though, is just forget everything that we’ve been through these past few months. Lets leave Max Evans and Liz Parker, and their complicated lives behind for a night, and Rob Roy and Shirley Temple can just spend an evening together doing whatever we want...that’s why we took this vacation…to just let it all go and relax a bit. I don’t think either of us have done that…I’ve still got a good chunk of my money left…what do you say, Liz?”

Liz smiled. “I’ve got most of mine too…I mean, how much money can you spend in an arcade?”

In the back of Liz’s mind, though, the logical Liz Parker was screaming at her to say no. A night alone with Max in Las Vegas? The possibilities were endless, and the damage that they could do to all that she had worked for…but she wanted it more than anything…she wanted this time with Max, and she would never have that opportunity in Roswell. Liz shoved logic out the door and smiled at Max.

“Lets do it.”

“Okay.” Max agreed with a huge grin. “So, it’s six at night right now…we have hours. What is the one thing you want to do more than anything else?”

A dreamy look crossed Liz’s eyes, as she sighed out the one thing she wanted most from Las Vegas and could never have. “Get married at the Elvis Chapel.”

A startled look crossed Max’s face at her words…and he pondered it for a moment. Max Evans and Liz Parker were two minors who could destroy their lives by getting married so young…but tonight they weren’t Max Evans and Liz Parker, they were Rob Roy and Shirley Temple…two people who really didn’t exist. What harm would it be?

“Okay…let’s do it.”

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.