FanFic - Other
"Treasures Found"
"Decision to Trust"
Part 13
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters belong to THE WB.
Summary: Claudia Parker discovers lost treasures not of this Earth when she and Liz are visiting the Chaco Canyons home to the Ancestral Pueblo-The Anasazi. Her granddaughter’s destiny is revealed when an alien artifact is found.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Authors Note: I tried to provide accurate information about Anasazi People trying not to take too many liberties so as not to offend. Enjoy.
Tess is walking through the door of The Crashdown Café just as Isabel is hanging up her cell phone. She’s taken aback by Isabel and Alex’s presence because it puts a damper on her plan to talk to Liz’s parents about her suspicions. They’ve seen her and Isabel waves her over to their table.

“What are you guys doing here?” Tess anxiously looks around the restaurant.

“Isabel and I had breakfast and are just waiting for the used CD store to open, what are you doing here?” Repeats Alex.

She looked around again quickly, “I just stopped in for coffee.

“Why don’t you join us?” Isabel gestures for Tess to sit down.

Tess shrugs, “Hmm sure,” and takes the bench opposite the couple.

“Hi Alex…Isabel,” Liz nods to Tess. “Hey Tess, you guys are up pretty early.”

Tess is so surprised to see Liz that she can only stare at her for a long moment, “Hi Liz, I thought you were out of town.”

Liz angles her head in question as to how did Tess know she was out of town.

“I was here yesterday and your father mentioned it to me.” Tess answers the unspoken question.

“I accomplished everything I needed to do and decided to come home early.” The cooling of voice and eyes is subtle but unmistakable. Nancy Parker walks up to the table and smiles at her daughter, “Are you ready to go sweetheart?”

“Yea,” gives her mom a giant smile. “We’re going shopping for shoes. See you guys later.”

“Bye Liz…Mrs. Parker, “from a curious Alex because he knows Liz hates shopping with her mother.

Alex looks at his watch and points out the time to Isabel. “Isabel and I should get going.”

“We’ll see you later Tess,” as they both get up to leave and are headed towards the cashier.

“Isabel,” Tess calls as Alex is leading Isabel by the hand and away from the table.

Isabel turns toward Tess. “Yes.”

“I was just wondering where Max and Michael are this morning?” Her voice shrills as usual.

“They are both with my dad car shopping for Michael, why?” Annoyed that the girl is keeping tabs on her brother.

“I was just wondering if we can all get together later.” She ties to sound matter of fact but in not successful.

“I can’t speak for them but Alex and I pretty much have our whole day planned.” She looks to Alex and he gives her a quick peck as they continue out the door.

Tess watches them as they leave and is baffled as to why they won’t accept her. She’s one of them but they trust the humans and barely tolerate her.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.