Fanfic - Crashdown After Hours
"True Confessions"
Part 2
by Kelso
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any part of Roswell, The WB. UPn or anything else connected with the show, etc.
Summary: Story takes place the day after Future Max appeared.
Category: Crashdown After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Traveling down the highway,in silence, I notice a familiar sign that reads "Frasier Woods". Max pulls into the park road and follows it. Glancing at me, he nods his head sideways and asks,"Is this place OK?" "Sure. We'll be alone with no one to interrupt us" I reply with his undivided attention.

The road winds around the thick green woods and we eventually pass over a small bridge that covers a creek. Still curving along the road, it dead ends into a dirt road. Good thing we're in a Jeep-We could get stuck out here(thinking to myself).Max makes a quick turn to the right off the dirt road,following a pattern with only two tires tracks from other vehicles that have worn a path through the tall grass. It looks kinda primitve, like hardly anyone has made their way down here in a while.

I shoot a concerned look in Max's direction and again he nods his head and remarks,"It's Ok. I've been here before."With that in mind, I sit back and wait to reach our destination.

Minutes later ,we arrive upon a cabin in the clearing,made of stone and wood.It's small, but cozy looking. Max pulls up to the cabin and shuts the engine off. There is total silence.He lets go of my trembling hand and slowly creeps out of the jeep, never losing my stare, as he walks around to my side.Extending his hand out to me,I place my hand in his, step up and he helps me out as I jump down. Still staring,he pulls my hand to his lips and gently kisses it. His lips are precious and warm. I really miss him touching me like that. It sends a chill down my spine and I flinch.Jerking back from me,he asks,"Are you OK?"

"Yes,um, I'm OK. Who's place is this? I've never heard you speak of it before" ,I question him still feeling the heat from his hand.

"This old place belongs to a friend of my dad's. He's had it for years, but never uses it. My dad showed it to me once when were camping out here about 6 years ago. We've stayed here a few times since on family vacations too.The guy said we could use it whenever we wanted to.It came to mind when you said you wanted to be alone."

It's very quiet out here, almost spooky" I tell him in a cracked voice.

"I'll look for the key. Stay here a minute" he requests.

Our grip losens as he walks away over to the cabin door. He lifts the mat at the door-no key.He swipes his hand above the door frame and finds it.He holds it out to show me and motions for me to come over. I slowly move towards him,when I hear a strange noise and pick up my pace.I'm moving so swiftly,I practically fall into Max's arms when I reach the front door.

"What was that sound?" I ask. "Just some wild animal trying to sneak up on you!" he jokes. "Right, very funny!" I jest back at him as I push him playfully.We both smile and laugh for a brief second, then realize we have an issue to discuss.

Max inserts the key, turns the knob and opens the door, pushing it hard and motioning me to pass him and step inside.

"You could have used your powers to open the door, you know" I say very catty-like. "No magic right now. What we came here for requires only honesty and truths", Max says revealing his suspicions. "Right, again" I admit.

As I stumble in,I feel as though I belong here. It's very comfortable inside,kinda warming. The cabin is filled with rustic decor. Southwest furniture and decorations to match are plentiful. I feel as though I were "home".

I remove my jeans jacket and hang it, alomg with my purse, on a coat rack made of deer horns standing near the door. Max follows my lead and removes his jacket also.He hesitates for a moment before hanging it and then does.Looking at me he motions for me to have a seat on the sofa and I abide.

"Can I get you anything before we start talking?" he asks shyly."There's a mini fridge in the kitchen that is always stocked with soda or other stuff. I can get you one if you like." "Maybe later" I respond. " I would really like to get this over with. Let's just do this!" And with that said, Max comes and sits beside me, looking me square in the eyes, brushing his hand against my cheek.

"Tell me, Liz! Tell me everything and try not to leave anything out" he softly requests.With Max reaching for my hand, I pull away from him. If I feel his touch, I might not be able to do what we came here to do.

"Max, please. I can concentrate better on my own" I blast at him.(What I really wanted to do was grab his face, hold it and kiss it until we both forgot why we were really here).Something in my dreaming head snapped and I returned to reality again. With that I began....

"Max, this will sound hard to believe so keep an open mind while I tell you all of this." I explained how Alex, Maria and I went to Madame Vivian's and what she told me about how I would marry my true love.How I went home and pretended to be Mrs. Max Evans(to which I and he blushed at while I told him)and then about the presence of the future version of himself.

"Wait a minute. Are you telling me I came back from the future? How is that possible?" he snapped. "The granolith is some kind of time machine or at least you were able to modify it to be used as one on your planet.Future Max told me that is how he traveled here.Something about quantum mechanics. I really didn't understand it, but he knew things, Max, personal things about me and you-it was really scary" I said all worked up. "Shh!Calm down" he spoke as he reached for me. I pulled back and continued. "He told me that in 14 years the world would come to an end if I didn't help to change the present days events. You and Tess grew further apart and she eventually left Roswell, leaving you, Michael and Isabel as an incomplete unit.When your enemies came to Earth, you were not strong enough to fight them off. He came here to get me to help change those events.To get you and Tess to tolerate each other more and help save the future."

"So that's why Tess said you might not be interested, Right?" Max added excitedly."And why I saw you spying on us from across the street.But who was that I saw you with? Was it him?" "Yes, but you couldn't come in contact with each other, another thing I didn't understand-it would destroy both of you!"

"Liz, know this! Tess can never be you! I will always love you" he pleaded .

"Max, please,there's a lot more to tell" I kept pushing. "OK, go on" he replied.

"While Future Max and I were trying to get you and Tess together, he told me things about us, about our future, Max. He said we eloped when we were 19 and got married in Vegas."

"Married? Us?"Max asked with a confused look on his face. "Yes! Married. We called Michael,Isabel, Maria and Alex and they met us in Phoenix half way out. He said we had a great wedding. We were married in an Elvis chapel and danced all night.We even had a song, I Shall Believe,"

"I know that song, it's a great song" he quipped.

"Let me finish!" I shouted, seeing his endearing look. "After hearing about about our wedding, it was very hard to push you and Tess together. I tried, but you kept resisting.After you caught Future Max and me spying on you, you came over and told me you couldn't stop loving me, so I had to find a way to get you to stop."

"Oh, I get it now. That's where Kyle comes into the picture, right? I knew it. Something just wasn't right about what I saw last night" he boasted."Why did you feel you had to lie to me about it though?"he questioned.

"I really thought that I had to do it, Max. I had to get you to stop loving me for the sake of this world and yours. It was really hard to tell you that I wouldn't die for you or that I wanted to be with other boys and all that other stuff.None of it was true, but Future Max made me believe I had to do it and he said I couldn't tell anyone either.He...you...he...was very convincing. He also told me 25 minutes before he came to Earth, he held Michael, in his arms, dead."

"What? Max exclaimed as he jumped up."How did that happen?"

"And Isabel died 2 weeks before that" I said looking directly at him."Hearing that made me believe that I had to do something drastic to get your attention and to change the future."

"Are you sure he was telling the truth? What am I saying? How could he be me? This sounds really far-fetched,I mean , come on, Liz. Nothing like this has ever happened before."

"I know. At first I thought he was a shape-shifter or other alien, but Max, he knew things about us before they happened. He told me about you coming to serenade me with a Mariachi band just minutes before it happened. How could he have known this if he hadn't lived throught it. We can't tell the future Max."

"So the granolith is a time machine that can transport us between this world and my real home? Now that sounds crazy. Did he say how he used it or if we could to get back home? Did he tell you anything about my home?"

"No, Max, he wasn't here that long and he told me he couldn't tell me too much about the future, only what he thought I needed to know-only what needed to be done.And that was to get you to fall out of love with me." I said as I dropped my gaze to the floor. I couldn't even look at him, I've been lying to the one I love most in this world. I grab my head with both hands and rub my temples.

Max notices how hard this has been for me and comes to my rescue once again, with his arms open wide.He embraces me freely with his strong arms and I feel the warmth of him surround me. This is where I belong, surrounded by his affections.

"Liz, come over here and sit with me" he calmly asks, taking my trembling hand in his and leading me over to a huge over-stuffed chair in the corner, by the fireplace. Max settles down into the chair.

"Now you come here and sit in front of me" he softly speaks, patting his hand on the cushion between his legs."Come on. I won't bite, at least not yet, I promise" he smirks with a tiny crooked smile.

I capture his gaze while I slink down into his inviting lap. I position myself carefully between his legs, turn and press my back into his chest.I sense his breath on my neck as I recline my head. It is warm, soothing and rythmic, I close my eyes momentarily and get lost in his embrace, him bending his head down to my ear.

"Slide down a little bit so I can reach your neck better," he breathes to me.Lowering his hands to my shoulders, he begins to rub them.This feels so good, so real. And then I snap.

"Max,there's more to tell, you know. I haven't told you everything yet,but keep rubbing. It is helping me to relax."

"OK.Are you ready to go?" he mumbles as he kneads.

"Yes, I think I can continue now.LIke I said before, I was supposed to make you fall out of love with me, but no matter what I said to you, it wasn't working. I had to do something drastic to get your attention, to get you to move on. That afternoon I ran into Maria and heard a strange story about Michael getting caught in a weird predicament with Courtney at her appartment.Maria was so upset after catching them together. That's when the idea hit me."

"And that idea would be Kyle," he growls as his motions begin to press harder on my skin.

"Can you losen up on the shoulders a bit?",I ask him noticing he is slightly agitated.

"Sure, I'm sorry. It's just that I can still see you and (hesitently)Kyle, together, under the sheets."

"Max, I had to use Kyle. He was the only one who made sense in that kind of situation.WE do have a history, you know?"

Max stops rubbing abruptly.I turn around to face him and see that he is pouting, tears forming in his red eyes.I have done it again-I'm this awful person. I reach out and touch his arm to console him. It's not enough, so I leap up closer to his body and hug him tightly.

He is shaking, visibly upset.I run my hands up and down his strong arms to comfort him and he gradually raises his head up near mine.I feel the warmth of his breath on my face. Our eyes meet, I cup his face in my hands and approach those delicious lips with such a force that he collapses back into the comfy chair.

I retreat for a moment and look into his beautiful brown eyes. I can't stand the tension any longer. I rush him again and devour his lips voraciously. He couldn't restrain himself either. Fingers, hands and arms entwined, consuming each other. I experience what Max was feeling , sorrow and pain all in one specific burst of emotion in a very strained kiss. Instantly a flash comes before my eyes. I see what Max saw ,as he peered through my window last night and witnessed me and Kyle, together, under covers.His heart ached and his dark eyes filled with tears. Another flash. Max sits on a park bench, in the dead of night and Tess is there consoling him. GASP!End flash. The pain I have caused this person that I SO love is unbearable.

Impulsively, I pull away from his moist, hot lips and gaze into those soulful brown pools. I see his tears are lingering so I quickly tug my shirt sleeve over my hand and gently wipe the wetness away.

Embarrassed, Max turns slightly, pushes my hand aside and wipes the dampness with the back of his hand.After, as his hand falls to his side, I carefully embrace it and lift it to my lips. I saturate it with kisses and brush it up against my cheek.

"What you saw was a make-believe, make-out session so you would fall out of love with me and Boy, did it ever work!. The look on your face was... horrifying. I thought I was doing the right thing, Max! For our world, the future and for everyone." I place his hand back by his fragile side. Max pondered on all the information that was flooding his mind. Pushing me off his lap, he stands up and steadies himself.

"I can't believe what you did to save this world and my other world!. You are stronger than I know. To take the risk of losing what we had to save a race is so noble and willing. I shouldv'e known it was something..ALIEN...How could I not know that. I feel so stupid."

"Don't say that, Max. You had no idea what was happening or why. You were just ... being you!" I somberly speak as I stand to join him. With that said, I look away slowly, staring at the floor. Max has noticed that I am avoiding him.

"Is there something else you haven't told me yet?" he asks with a questionable voice.

"Sort of.. but ...I'm not exactly sure if I should " I blurt out.

"Liz, no more secrets, please. I need to know everything" he uttered as he came closer to me. He eases himself back onto the sofa and asks me to join him and continue. Slyly, he places a hand upon my leg, which was actually comforting in a sweet way. He glances out of the corner of his eye for approval of the sneaky move and I condone with a small nod and continue my speech.

"Max, there is something weird, something that I quite don't know how to explain, as it was a little shocking to me to find out such a thing".

"Whatever it is,we can talk about it, Liz. We need to!"

"Well, actually it's something you,ugh,Future Max told me about last night".

"What was it? Please tell me!"

"It was very disconcerting" I say shyly.

"Why?" he asks.

"Disconcerting because, we as a couple, or lack there of lately. What I mean is that if I had not changed the events, by having Klye there last night, things between us would have drastically changed, like forever".

"What do you mean by "drastically"? That sounds pretty serious, Liz!" Max replies excitedly.

"It would have been serious had it really happened" I kinda shout back at him.

"Liz,calm down", Max hushes in a comforting way, pushing my hair behind my ear and stroking it ever so lightly. I feel the warmth radiate from his loving hand. He is so caring, so sweet.

"So anyway, as I was saying, Future Max told me that instead of us going to the concert, we stayed here, in town,in-my-room, as in, there, "together"!"

"By together, you mean"TOGETHER"? Max recites ,surprised,his eyes opening wider as if disbelief.

"Exactly, Max. He told me we made love,cemented our relationship in lieu of going to the concert.And that that made us inseperable from then on.I'm not sure how to feel about that either. It totally threw me off guard. And when I told him that it couldn't have happened because I didn't have any protection, he said he...you... did. Was he telling the truth Max? "I asked him in a cracked, shaking voice, my eyes directed at his.

"Well,...I..." Max said as he rose from the couch. He walked away slowly, dragging his feet around to the back of the sofa, shoving his hands in his pockets, standing there numb, silent.

"Max, it's true? You did-do have protection?"I whisper, biting the side of my lip as he shoots me one of those awful, stunned looks.He stares at me, longing to read my expression, but only seems saddened by it.

"Liz, as I told you before, I'll always love you, no one else could be you! You are my... soulmate! I thought I should always be prepared should the time come between us. I would never hurt you , Liz or make you do anything you don't want to do. I love you too much for that to happen. Ever since we spent the night out under the stars, near the crash site, you know, when we found the orb,I've had a special feeling about us. That possibly one day we could become closer, Please don't hate me for that, Liz." he says with such a passion in his sultry voice.

"Max, I could never hate you" I reply, jumping up from the sofa, scurrying over to meet him. I retrieve his hands out of his pockets and entwine them with mine.They are sweaty, but heated and I kinda laugh to myself about it.Max Evans so nervous, talking about condoms and protection.I gaze up at his red face, which is glowing from the excitement of my touch.

"Max, you don't have to be embarrassed about having a condom in your wallet. Actually, it's a very responsible thing to do". "You think so?" he questions, short of breath, our faces only inches away from each other. "Yes, I do" I reply.

Max kinda losens up a bit and playfully asks,"So, you're not mad at me?".I just peer at him looking vividly into those wanting eyes.

Max leans over, touching his forehead to mine, hands still clutched at our sides, eyes wide open. I feel immensely close to him at this most precious moment. What is he thinking? Is he reeling from this amazing rush of energy between us? Do I dare close my eyes and ruin this fantastic moment in time? No, not yet. And before I can ponder another thing, I feel the warmth of his soft lips penetrate mine. Hot, explosive, melting us together as one.

We are conjuring up each other's souls. A rush of images flood into my mind-Max healing me in the Crashdown-Max holding me after Grandma Claudia died-Max in the hospital after the accident in the jeep-Dancing with Max after dinner at Senior Chows-Max and me on Michael's couch-Oh,MY,GOd!! Is he experiencing the same slide show as I am?

I cautiously peek out of one eye, to view his reaction, only to see that he too, is peeking at me. We both unlock lips and gasp for air, trying hard to breath with all the energy that has been spent.

Still breathing heavily, I ask "Did you see that, Max? Catching his breath, he replies,"Yes, I saw us, Liz."

"Max, you have always been there for me,taking care of me, you really do love me, don't you?" "YEs! That's exactly what I've been telling you all this time!"

Our hands are still clenched together and he is gently squeezing them. I feel such a temor of sensations from his easy touch.I am so in love with this boy..man..alien.

Everything in my mind tells me that we are advancing towards a different relationship. My heart is telling me that also, only I have new feelings for this incredible person, who takes great pride in protecting and loving me.Could he desire the same things as me???

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.