FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Twice in a Lifetime"
Part 1
by Sineya
Disclaimer: They’re mine, mine, all mine!I wish, they really belong to those wonderful creators.. All but Seth, who is really all mine. Song and lyrics belong to the lovely and talented Sarah McLachlan
Summary: Buffy’s always been different, so when she was told she was the slayer she was relieved, it answered her question of,"What am I?." Now in a Roswell, NM, she finds her real destiny, and learns that true love can happen twice in a lifetime.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: For all intents and purposes of this story, I’d like those who read this story, to try and pretend that Michael and Angel look exactly the same, using Michael's image. No, I don't think they actually look alike, but for this story I'm gonna pretend.
Roswell, NM -A month later

Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!

"Buffy, honey wake-up, you don’t want to be late for your first day of school." Joyce Summers called from the kitchen.

"I’m up Mom!"She called back.. Buffy turned over and groaned,"Ugh." She got up off the bed, and stretched, then walked over to the bathroom.

*********************

"You look beautiful honey."Her mother smiled."Is that the top that Will..."Her voice trailed off, and her smile disappeared.

"Yeah, mom." She answered with a sad smile. The halter top was a golden-bronze color, it had been a present from Willow for Christmas when she had first moved to Sunnydale, and it had become one of Buffy’s favorite shirts, she had paired it with her black leather pants and boots.

Joyce Summers smiled again, her daughter would be okay, she just had to forget Sunnydale, and all those horrible people. She knew her daughter would make new friends, and get a boyfriend. And she had to forget about being a slayer, that was over now. She would finally have a normal daughter.

Buffy, read her mother’s expression, and screamed inwardly, *I will always be different, I will never be normal.* For as long as she could remember, she had been different, and she didn’t know why, she couldn’t even remember where she came from, she only knew that her mother had found her, when she was 5, on the side of the road, crying, and asking for someone, her mom had said it sounded like Migl. So when she was 15 and the council had found her and had told her she was the slayer, she had been relieved, finally an answer to her question, ‘What am I?’

Oblivious Joyce Summers looked at the clock, and got up,"You better go now honey, you don’t wanna be late on your first day!"

Buffy got up and grabbed her car keys, then at the last moment decided to take her bike instead, so she grabbed her helmet. Just as she opened the door her mother called out,"Buffy, if you are going to take that death machine at least where a jacket!" She rolled her eyes, her mom was so paranoid.

But being the "normal" daughter that she was, she listened to her mother, and ran up to her room to get a jacket.

Glancing around she didn’t see anything that would match her outfit.* Nope, nope, yuck, when did I buy that?* She opened her closet and her eyes landed on a leather jacket. Closing them she took a deep breath, she quickly reached out and grabbed the jacket. Putting it on, she turned and crashed into her mom.

"I’m gonna go find a job today, mom, so I won’t be home for dinner."She said

"Okay, sweetie"her mom said."Oh and Buffy?"

"Yeah, Mom?" She asked warily.

"Try to make some friends."She chirped. Buffy looked at her, then continued on her way without replying.

Part 0 | Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.