FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Who Are You?"
Part 9
by Ta'al
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell High, and most likely never will. All of these characters are borrowed from the television show, and whoever owns it. The story is mine and can be published, copied and displayed freely as long as this disclaimer is attached and any age restrictions are observed. Personally, I don't care if your under 18 and read NC-17, but I don't have much of a choice in the matter…
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Isabelle sat in shock for a moment, before turning to Liz.

"So what happened? I mean, Vampires, yeah right, I don't believe in them, and neither should you." Isabelle's venomous denial produced a small smile from Liz.

"Really?"

"Uh huh, come on, vampires aren't real."

If Isabelle had been religious, she would have described the events of the next half-second as magic. Liz moved so quickly, that her eyes could not follow her body. Until, less than a moment later, Liz was in her face. Her eyes glowed yellow, and her canines were enlarged.

"Wanna bet?"

Isabelle jumped back. Promptly falling out her seat. Liz backed away slightly, Isabelle saw her face as Liz's eyes shifted back to their' usual colour, her fangs retreating into her gums, she struck an inquisitive look.

"What, I know may people who would say that the idea of aliens on earth was not real, what makes you so different from me?"

It took Isabelle a few moments to calm down. Liz stuck her hand out to help her from the floor. Tugging gently, Isabelle came flying up towards her, eventually, Isabelle resumed her seat, Liz sat back down once she was fairly certain that she would not bolt.

"What do you want to know?"

Steadying herself, Isabelle found words.

"So vampires are real. Wow, so that means that you drink blood then?"

"Unfortunately yes, that is a given. Vampires metabolise blood, converting it into energy, nobody knows why."

"Like me and Tabasco sauce?"

"No, you eat Tabasco sauce because you like the taste, and to a certain extent, you eat it as noureshment. We vampires drink blood, not only as a food supply. We drink it because we are addicted to it. The craving, it's like an addition to drugs. The sensations are incredible, you couldn't understand them."

"What about what you hear, about vampires sleeping in coffins and such things?"

"What you must understand Isabelle, is that we were around long before this pile of rock existed, humans learned to fear us and so began to imagine what happened. Some of the old legends are true. We are immortal, we cannot die of age or disease. The only way to kill us would be to drive a wooden stake through our heart. Make us ingest garlic or silver, or cut off our heads."

"So that means…"

"That means, that you could shoot enough bullets at me to level a city block, and I would get back up. The stories of vampires being evil is partially true. You see, we are just like you, we have emotions and consciences, but we also have the bloodlust. It is powerful, and it is unreasonable. Many of us turn bad, we kill for our food."

"What about you, do you kill people?"

"no, I used to, for about a hundred years I was a killer. Eventually, my sire taught me to control myself, now I feed from the butchers, or from other vampires. You see, bad vampires are everywhere, they feed from people, and I feed from them. Oh, by the way, the stories of coffins, crosses and sunlight are total nonsense. We can, and do move around in the day, we just prefer the night. You see, our senses are also enhanced, we have hypnotic abilities, and we are fast. Very fast. We can also fly."

"When you did, whatever it was that you did, I saw Alex, he's also a vampire?"

"He was my sire, he also made Maria, we have been tight ever since."

"You said that vampires don't age, how old are you, what about Alex and Maria?" Isabelle looked slightly nervous.

"Well, I am 775 years old, I was fifteen when I was sired. Maria is the same age. Alex, however, was ancient before we were born, he celebrates his birthday on October the first, simply because when he was alive, calenders weren't very accurate. His last birthday marked his 1405 birthday."

Isabelle stared at her in shock.

"He's 1405 years old!" "Looks remarkably good for his age, don't you think?" "What else can you tell me?" So, for the next three hours, Liz related her life story, conveaneantly missing out the first centuary of her unlife. Looking at the clock, she started at the time, it was almost 2 o'clock in the morning and she had a History exam tommorow.

"Liz, I gotta go. See you tommorow." Isabelle stood and left the house.

Liz turned and picked up her phone.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.