FanFic - Max/Liz
"A Whiter Shade of Pale"
Part 2
by Anne
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of the characters. I don't have any affiliation with the WB television network or the author Melinda Metz.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Authors Note: Immediately following Blind Date ep.
At school, the next day, Liz is at her locker and wondering what new bumps in the road today will bring in her relationship with Max. After last night, she could almost believe they had a chance. But still, so much had gone wrong and still could. What would she do if he got scared and decided they weren't meant to be . . . again. When had she become so insecure? She had always known exactly what she wanted and how to get it. She had to get a grip. This weakness where Max Evans was concerned was becoming frightening.

Maria approaches Liz.

Maria: "How ya doing?" (very concerned)

Liz: "O.k."

Maria: "O.k.?" "Really?" "I mean after last night, I gotta be honest, I didn't expect to see you here today." "It really looked like you couldn't stand to even be in the same room with Max."

Liz: "Max came to see me last night and we came to an understanding."

Maria: (looking deeply suspicious) "What kind of an understanding?"

Liz: "We're gonna try to make things work."

Maria: "You can't be serious!" "Liz, how can you trust him?"

Liz: "I don't know . . . I just . . . do."

Maria: "Or you just want to."

Liz: "O.k."

Maria: "Don't go overboard there trying to convince me."

Liz: "Well, I'm trying to trust him."

Maria: "Why?"

Liz: "Because . . .

Maria: "You love him."

Liz: "Yeah."

(Liz opens her locker and finds a red rose inside with a card that says, "I love You." She looks around quickly, but Max is no where to be found. Disappointed, she puts it back insider her locker and looks for the books she needs.)

Maria: "O.k. Maybe . . . and I stress the maybe . . . it's worth another shot." "Better hurry or you'll be late."

Liz: "I know. I'll meet you after class."

(The hall empties as everyone goes to their classes. Liz closes her locker and turns around. Max is standing right in front of her.)

Liz: "Max!" "You scared me to death."

Max: (smiling) "Did you get my surprise?"

Liz: (smiling, too.) "Yes, I did. You are very sweet."

Max: (leans down and kisses her lightly) "You are the one that's sweet."

Liz: (staring at him intently) "I don't know what you have done to me, but don't stop."

Max: "We're going to be late . . . "

Liz: "I don't care."

Max kisses her again. Liz wraps her arms around his neck and he deepens the kiss. Liz leans into him and the kiss becomes a connection between them that joins their thoughts. Liz sees Max in ways, she never has before. She seems him trying to cope with all the things that come with being an alien. It's almost too much. She feels a little dizzy and pulls away.

Max: "What's wrong?"

Liz: (laughing at herself) "I'm just . . . a little dizzy."

Max: (smiling) "Well, maybe we better get to class and save this for later." "I'll see you at the Crashdown after school."

Liz: "O.k. (feeling a little disoriented)

Max: "Are you sure you're o.k.?"

Liz: "Yeah. We better go."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.