FanFic - Other
"Sense of Completion"
Part 21
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing 'em. I'll return' em the way I found 'em.
Summary: This sequel deals with issues the six were left with right after my other story ended. What 'other' symptoms might Liz develop carrying Max's child? What happens when Kyle and Maria commiserate about their parents' dating? What happens if Kyle finds out about the alien trio? And, what about the other alien pods from the same crash as the trio? Can there be more alien shape shifters out there?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: If you haven't read my previous story, "Us Six Against the World", it is recommended before reading this one. This story begins the day after my other story ended. It's gonna be another LONG one. ;-)
I Knew I Loved You
By Savage Garden

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe
::CHORUS::

**************************

You...your...Oh my God." Kyle whispered. "Are you...are you sure?" he had to ask.

Cassie shook her head. "I...I think so. But I need to talk to them first. I'll explain it all later. Please Kyle, I can't go to the hospital."

"Yeah, well, there is no way that you can get out of that now. Everyone knows you were shot." Kyle whispered again as he sat her on the edge of the ambulance and watched the attendants come forward.

"Then get Max and the others, Kyle, quick!" Cassie said with panic in her voice as the paramedics started to look her over.

*************************

Kyle rode in the ambulance with Cassie and held her hand, giving her a reassuring look and telling her that the others were right behind them in their cars.

*****************

Max, Michael and Isabel looked stunned as Max drove the jeep behind the ambulance.

"How the hell did we not know...she can't be one of us. She must just think she is." Michael frowned.

"We can't take a chance Michael! We have got to switch her blood, just in case." Isabel replied.

"When I healed her, how come I didn't sense it?" Max was frowning too.

Isabel shook her head. "I don't know, but that's not something someone would say lightly. She must have a reason for thinking it, and until we find out what it is, we have to make sure her blood isn't taken just in case."

************************

"Can't you go any faster, Alex!" Maria complained as they followed the jeep in Alex's car.

Alex, Liz and Maria had told the trio ride together so they could discuss the alien aspect of all of this, and they were following in Alex's car.

Alex rolled his eyes." Yeah, I can go faster, if you want me to drive right into them." he remarked.

"I can't believe it!" Liz just said, still not able to take it in.

"Yeah, well, it's not your blood they are going to use." Maria quiped. She had agreed to have them use her blood since Liz's could be full of strange hormones or something with her pregnancy.

"But wouldn't the others have known? Wouldn't they have sensed it?" Liz continued to question.

"I don't know. You would think." Alex added.

"Well, we'll find out soon enough." Maria said as they pulled into the hospital parking lot behind the jeep.

**************************

"Okay, just hold still Maria." Isabel said as she placed the needle on Maria's inner arm.

"So this is how you did it before?" Alex asked watching in facination as the needle started to glow around Isabel's hand, and the blood started flowing into the tube.

"We should invest in these needles." Maria mumbled as she looked the other way and not at the blood flowing from her veins.

"Have you talked to her Max?" Liz asked as she looked around the corner to make sure no one was coming.

"Yeah, but only enough to move the bullet to the edge of her skin so they won't have to operate. Then I had to leave. I just talked to Kyle and he said we could all go in in a little bit, and that we should try the same plan we did last time with changing the blood sample vial." Max answered, looking out with Liz to make sure no one was coming.

"Have they drawn her blood in there yet?" Michael asked.

Max shook his head. "No. They were just about to when I left a minute ago."

"Well, then I'd better go charm the nurse... it'd be lucky if it was the same one." Michael winked and walked toward where Kyle had gone with Cassie.

***********************

"She is a very lucky lady Sheriff." The doctor was saying when the group came back into the waiting room.

"How's that?" Jim Valenti asked.

"Well, not only did the bullet not hit any vital organs, but it seemed to have lodged just at the edge of her skin in the back, and we just had to break open the skin and pop it out. Didn't even have to operate. No major blood lose." the doctor explained.

The sheriff frowned but just nodded to the doctor.

When the doctor saw the teens waiting, he nodded for them to go into the room Cassie was now in. They were keeping her overnight for observation to make sure there was no further bleeding internally that they had missed with the x-rays.

"You kids can go in now. She said she wanted to see you. She's going to be fine." the doctor explained.

When they went into the room that Cassie was in, they saw that only Kyle was there.

Michael agreed to stand by the door to make sure no one came in unexpectedly, and then the others went up to Cassie.

"Okay, the vial has been exchanged. So what's going on?" Max asked Cassie gently. He didn't want to make her think they didn't believe her or trust her. She looked so pale and weak lying there.

Cassie swallowed. "I...when I was little, my mom caught me doing some strange things...devil things she called them. I was able to heal a dog that was injured once, and I was able to make objects come to me as well. My mom saw this one day and screamed at me and told me I was a witch or a devil or something, and then she left a day or two later."

"She left because of you?" Kyle asked sounding astonished.

"I...I was adopted. When my mom learned that I could do strange things, she wanted nothing to do with me, and my father told her she was crazy and so she left."Cassie explained.

"So, how come Maxx couldn't tell you were one of us when he healed you?" Isabel asked.

Cassie shook her head. "I don't know. I never knew myself until I saw the things you guys could do. They were all things I had done when I was younger and had since completely surpressed and put in the back of my mind all these years."

"That could be it." Max said thoughtfully.

"What could be it?" Maria asked.

"The reason we couldn't sense her all these years. She had been surpressing that side of herself and didn't even know what it was she had to begin with." Max explained.

"But how do I know for sure... I mean, maybe I just have special healing abilities and such. Some people really do." Cassie bit her lip. "I didn't mean to scare you guys if it's not true, but after I saw all the manipulating you guys could do with your minds, it made me think that that is where I got it all from." Cassie explained.

"We'll take you with us to Jordan next weekend." Max said and the other's nodded.

"Jordan?" Kyle and Cassie asked together.

"Long story." Isabel smiled.

"Cassie, can you do any of the manipulating anymore? Have you tried since when you were little?" Max asked.

Cassie shook her head. "No, I believed my mom that there was an evil side of me and so I never wanted to do any of those things again. I didn't even realize I could do them before. They just happened."

"Hmm...that was how we started out. We did things without knowing we could do them." Isabel commented. Then she went over to the windowsill and put her lipstick on it. "Here, try to make this come to you."

Cassie swallowed and looked to Kyle. It had been so long since she had used that skill, and she was still afraid to use it because she had conditioned herself to believe it was evil and that was why her mother left her and her dad.

"It's okay Cassie. You can do it. It doesn't make you evil." Kyle reassured her, knowing how she was feeling.

Cassie nodded and then turned to the lipstick and frowned at it in concentration.

At first nothing happened, then it moved forward a little and slid off the windowsill and onto the floor.

Cassie looked disappointed but Max, Michael and Isabel looked from the lipstick to Cassie in amazement.

"You moved it. It doesn't matter how much. Just the fact that you can move it after all this time of not using your skills." Isabel smiled.

"Just to be sure though, we'll bring her to Jordan." Max said and then explained to Kyle and Cassie who Jordan was.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 22
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.