FanFic - Other
"Sense of Completion"
Part 22
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing 'em. I'll return' em the way I found 'em.
Summary: This sequel deals with issues the six were left with right after my other story ended. What 'other' symptoms might Liz develop carrying Max's child? What happens when Kyle and Maria commiserate about their parents' dating? What happens if Kyle finds out about the alien trio? And, what about the other alien pods from the same crash as the trio? Can there be more alien shape shifters out there?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: If you haven't read my previous story, "Us Six Against the World", it is recommended before reading this one. This story begins the day after my other story ended. It's gonna be another LONG one. ;-)
I Knew I Loved You
By Savage Garden

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe
::CHORUS::

*********************************

Liz slowly came awake, but before she even opened her eyes, her body started throbbing and shaking. Liz shot up in bed and frowned. She didn't have pain, only...something like an ache deep inside. Like she needed something, but she didn't know what. She looked around her room and frowned remembering that after she had gotten back from the hospital late last night, her parents had hovered over her so that Max decided that he shouldn't try to sneak into her room that night. It had been two nights now, and Liz missed him. Just the thought of the last time they were together, made Liz start to throb and shiver again. She threw off the covers and after a shower, she got dressed and went into the kitchen.

"Hi honey. Did you sleep okay?" Her mother looked her over, saw how tired her daughter looked and hugged her close. She could have lost her little girl last night was all she could think.

Liz hugged her mom back and then moved toward the refridgerator. Her body was still throbbing and humming, like she was craving something, but she didn't know what. "I slept okay. You should know, you kept checking me." Liz gave her mom a sideways look.

Her mom looked sheepish. "I know, I'm sorry honey, it just scared us so much, that I had to check on you to reassure myself that you were okay." Her mother admitted.

Liz nodded and realized that Max had been right about not trying to sneak into her room last night. She held back a smile trying to imagine what her mom would have said if she would have found Max in her bed.

"What are you plans today sweetheart?" Her father asked coming into the room and hugging her tight.

"Ah, I was going to go see my friend Cassie, they're going to let her out of the hospital today, and we were all going to go over and spend some time with her." Liz said frowning into the refridgerator and then closing it and going through all the cabinets with the same frown.

"Well your mother and I were supposed to go that monthly convention for the restaurant today and come back tomorrow afternoon, but I think we'll cancel it. We don't want to leave you alone tonight." Her father said with worry, seeing how tired his daughter looked, and the deep circles under her eyes.

Liz spun around from combing the closets. "No! Don't cancel. I...I was going to have Maria spend the night tonight anyways, and...I'll be gone probably all day spending time with Cassie. Please, you won't even see me much today, and Maria will be here tonight."

Her parents looked at each other and her mother sighed and her father came up to her.

"Okay Lizzy, if you're sure, but promise me you will call us if you have any problems or need anything tonight. Okay?" her father hugged her again.

"I promise. Just go and have a good time. I know you like the group of people that you meet with every month. Have fun. I'll be fine." Liz urged them, and then went back to looking in the closets.

Nothing sounded good! She was starting to get jumpy, not knowing what it was she was craving. she only knew that her body was wanting something and was going to drive her crazy until she got it. She sighed to herself hoping that these strange new symptoms that kept appearing, would not last the whole year and 1/2.

She saw her parents off and promised she would check in on the cafe later on tonight since she and Maria were not working tonight.

When her parents were gone Liz gave a frustrated sigh and then shivered again. The ache inside of her was getting worse. She ran to the fridge and grabbed the whole gallon of milk, and the bottle of Tabasco that she kept stashed in her room, and poured the whole bottle into the milk and drank the whole gallon of milk.

Liz signed as she started to relax a little, but it was only 10 minutes later, when she was putting on her sneakers, that it started again. The throbbing was low in her belly and constant now. And she grabbed a sweater to try to stop the shivers, and then decided to go see Max. She needed to tell him about this. She had promised him she would let him know if there were any new symptoms. No secrets they had agreed.

***********************

Max came out of his room with a frown, and bumped into Isabel. "Well, you've finally decided to get up?" Isabel teased looking at the hall clock which read 11am, and then back at her frowning brother.

"You look awful." Isabel commented seeing his haggard face and tired, red rimmed eyes. "You didn't sleep much last night did you?" she observed.

"No. So what's it to you?" Max sighed impatiently. He wanted to go get something to eat, and not be interrogated the minute he came out of his room.

Isabel raised an eyebrow at her brother's obviously agitated mood. "Excuse me." she rolled her eyes and headed toward her room. "You going over to Cassie's later? Alex and I are going to go shopping, and then stop by."

Max frowned. He just wanted to see Liz. He didn't care what they did after that, but he knew they needed to talk more with Cassie and plan when to go see Jordan. None of them felt they should wait another week before going.

"Yeah, we all need to talk and make plans, Liz and I will be there later too." He sighed and headed down the stairs.

He came into the kitchen as his mom was leaving. "Oh, I'm glad you're up. I was leaving you a note, to tell you that your father and I have to go to the office and work on a case for awhile today. You look tired honey." Mrs. Evans remarked giving her son a hug, knowing she could have lost him last night.

"I'm okay. Just a little tired. I'll...I'll probably go to bed early tonight." Max said trying not to smile at how perfect this was going to work out later.

"Okay honey. You have the number at our office if you or your sister need anything. Don't hesitate to call okay?"

Max nodded and watched his mom leave, and then ravaged the kitchen for breakfast. He didn't know why, but he was starving today.

Max was finishing his third bowl of cereal when there was a knock on the back door. He knew it was Liz, and jumped up, opened the door and smiled.

"Hey." Max said and then he pulled her into the house, slammed the door behind them, and took Liz into his arms and ravished her mouth.

Liz moaned and wrapped her arms around Max's neck. And just sighed into his mouth as he devoured hers. Their open mouth kisses hot and needy.

Liz felt safe in Max's arms, with his scent all around her, his strong arms holding her up, and his hot mouth making love to hers. First he sucked her tongue into his mouth and caressed with with his own, and then, without taking his mouth from hers, Max turned and lifted her up against the wall so Liz could wrap her legs around his waist. .

Liz moaned and realized the shaking had stopped and the wild ache was now not as sharp. Her body was telling her that it was finally getting what it had needed. She was too far gone to fully understand the full ramifications of this new symptom.

Liz pulled back and Max lifted his head and grinned at how carried away he had gotten. He moved back from the wall and let Liz's feet slide back down, but he kept her in his embrace.

"Morning." He grinned again, seeing how ravished and dazed Liz looked.

Liz licked her lips and nodded. Max's eyes followed her tongue and narrowed again with passion.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 23
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.