FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Bird in a Gilded Cage "
Part 5
by bec
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: What would happen if the Government actually did get them, and what would the government want with them?
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Chapter 5 -

Dr. Hanson came striding down the hall ready to begin another day of testing. As he turned the corner he almost collided with Ms. Topolsky.

"Good morning" he said as he stepped around her.

"Depends on whether or not you like my news." The woman smiled.

"What news?" The doctor ask.

"I had a long conversation with the powers that be last night. I informed them of your failure to control the situation yesterday. Let's just say they are not happy." She informed him.

"I was totally in control yesterday, I got the samples I needed, and we are well on our way?" He replied.

"Doctor, who do you think you're kidding, you do not have the first idea how to handle them. They controlled the entire situation, that cannot happen again, do you hear me. You better start thinking of them as more than children. If we hadn't taken the precautions we needed, do you think they wouldn't have hurt us? Do you?" She turned and walked away. The doctor stood and watched her go.

She turned back and said "don't you have somewhere to be doctor?"

"Yes, yes, quite right, I'm going now." He turned and continued walking down the hall.

He entered a large control area filled with computers and monitors, things he knew nothing about, he could care less about their contraptions and precautions. He just wanted to get started on this project, he'd already waited over 50 years. He was not a young man anymore, time was catching up with him, he needed to work fast.

"Good morning Mr. Shearer, and how did our subjects spend their night?" He smiled at the young man sitting at the first console.

"It was relatively quiet in here Doc, it took awhile but they finally settled down and went to sleep." Mr. Shearer answered.

"Well then turn up the lights, lets get this day going, we have a lot to do and not much time to do it in." The doctor strode through the door, stepping into the cell area.

The lights came on suddenly, the inhabitants of the cells were unprepared for it, arms, hands, pillows and blankets were thrown over eyes as quickly as they could. A obscenity was overheard coming from one of the cells.

"Now, now Mr. Guerin is that anyway to start the day." Dr. Hanson said. "If you gentlemen would check the repository boxes there should be sample containers and everything else you will need for sample collection. I will need a sperm sample as quickly as possible. Then we can get on with the other test that I have scheduled today." The doctor walked by each cell, checking a list on his clipboard, when he was satisfied that he had seen all he needed to see he walked back towards the door. "You have thirty minutes, I will return to collect Mr. Evans to start the stress test."

As he closed the door Kyle ask "what did he just say?"

"Sperm samples Kyle, do you need pictures or will you be able to handle it yourself?" Maria ask flippantly. "What you think us girls are the only ones who are gonna be humiliated and degraded?"

"What's the matter big boy, afraid you won't be able to get it up?" Isabelle ask.

Liz couldn't believe what she was hearing, "how can you make jokes at a time like this, this isn't some school project, this is serious. I don't know about you but I'm scared to death. I'm can't stand here and act like this is a game."

"Well some of us relieve stress in various forms, humor is my way, if your way is standing there whining about it, go for it." Isabelle told her.

"Isabelle." Max scolded his sister. "We're all scared, let's not start attacking each other ok, we have to stick together in this. We're gonna get out of here, we just have to remain calm."

Michael opened the small square door and found a small plastic container and a white towel. "Yeah right, remain calm." He slammed the door shut and stalked back towards the front of the cell.

"I don't know about all of you, but the first chance I get I'm getting out of here," Michael said. "I'm not gonna sit around here acting like some trained monkey."

"And how exactly are we gonna do that, we don't even know where here is?" Maria ask him.

The door opened again and the same three technicians came through the door. They each were pushing a cart with a monitor and what looked like an older model computer on them. The carts were pushed up against the back wall, the technicians exited the room again. They hadn't said a word or looked at any of the young people in the room.

The lights suddenly went out again and Dr. Hanson's voice could be heard over a speaker system. "You now have twenty minutes gentleman, there are other ways to obtain a sample. I was hoping we could get this done without resorting to that." -*****-

The lights came back on and the door opened again, Topolsky and another man came into the room, they had two male technicians following them.

"So, Dr. Hanson tells me that you boys are not co-operating." She stopped in the middle of the room and looked from cell to cell. Her glance meeting the eyes of the teenagers. "I would like you to meet my associate, this is Yeager, but don't let the pretty face fool you. He's meaner than he looks."

The kids couldn't quite believe that. This man looked mean, meaner than anyone they had ever saw. He was at least 6' 9", completely bald on the top of his head, but he was too young for it to be a natural hair loss. His shoulders were massive, biceps rippling all over the place. He was at least 250 pounds, all of it muscle.

Maria thought he looked like one of those wrestler's her mother liked to watch on TV, especially like that guy that had just been elected governor of some state. He turned and was looking directly at her. She didn't want to believe what came out of his mouth.

"Let's use her, I like the little ones." He said. She was totally shocked when he winked at her.

"Use me for what?" she squeaked out.

"Mr. Shearer could you open Cell 1 please, Code 006-MD

A loud click was heard and Maria's door opened. As she started to back up into the room the two technicians grabbed her by her arms and practically carried her out of the cell.

She couldn't speak, she couldn't take her eyes off the giant in front of her.

Yeager grabbed Maria by the back of her hair and proceeded to slowly circle the room. A loud shriek came out of the young girl.

"Listen up kiddies, I'm only gonna say this once." Yeager spoke to all of them. "The doctor has ask nicely for his samples. He hasn't gotten them. This is your only warning, either you give him the samples or I make the little one scream, do you all understand me. He stopped when he got back to where he started. He swung Maria up in front of him, using one hand he jerked her chin up in the air. "She seems sorta fragile to me, I don't think it will take much, what do you think?"

"Let her go asshole" Michael yelled.

"Asshole" Yeager turned to Topolsky with a look of utter disbelief. "Did he just call me an asshole?"

She threw her head back with a smile, "yes I do believe he did."

Yeager dragged Maria over in front of Michael's cell. "Let me guess, you're not the smart one are you?"

"You don't have to hurt her." Max said calmly.

Yeager turned towards Max. "I take it you're the smart one, the brains behind this little group? You might want to tell the punk over there that I don't like to be called names."

"We got it, just please let her go," Max said. "We'll do what ever the doctor wants, you don't have to hurt anyone."

He pushed Maria towards the technicians, they caught her before she hit the floor. They returned her to her cell. Another loud click and the door was locked once more.

"Ok, see this is how it works, I ask, I receive, do we all understand the rules now." Yeager stated. Without waiting for a response he walked out the door.

"You got thirty minutes, if the samples aren't in the boxes, Yeager will be back. Do we really need him?" Topolsky said as she and the technicians left the room.

The cells went dark again.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.