FanFic - Other
"Us Six Against the World"
Part 2
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own the 'em. I'm just borrowing them. I promise to put them back the way I found 'em.
Summary: Post heatwave, and how the six Roswell High kids become closer and realize through good times and bad, that no matter what they go through, it really is, "the six of them against the world". They will go to Florida for spring break, learn more about the aliens they came from, and all with the FBI and a certain sheriff, one step behind them. Or is there someone closer?.....
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Distribution: It's okay, just let me know first. (Gonna be VERY long)
Liz led Maria to a shady spot under a tree, and sat down, watching Maria worriedly.

"Okay, what happened?" Liz demanded.

"Just what you said would happen... Michael... he realized that he didn't want me.. didn't want to get ... involved." Maria whispered, wiping a tear that slipped silently down her cheek.

"Oh Maria... I didn't really want that to happen. I just know that with our... Czechoslovakians friends, they are very hard to pin down and get "involved" with." Liz sighed, taking her friend's hand and holding it tightly in support.

Maria wiped another tear with her other hand, and squeezed Liz's hand back.

"I... I think it's just me. He thinks I'm too serious and demanding, and then he seems me as this total air head at the same time. I... I'm just not his type." Maria swallowed, trying to resign herself to the fact.

Liz searched Maria's face quietly, then smiled. "I don't believe that for a minute." She stated.

Maria met her eyes in surprise. "What...?"

" You are EXACTLY Michael's type. That's why he ran. Maria, he is scared to death. He's just like Max when it comes to wanting to protect those he cares about, and to protect himself as well." Liz explained.

Maria wanted to believe her friend. She tried to smile. "You think?" She asked.

"I know." Liz stated firmly. Then she smiled again, slowly. " I never told you what really happened to my diary." Liz started.

"Someone returned it, you left it at the Crashdown, right?" Maria took a deep breath, trying to calm down from her earlier bout of misery.

"Well, sort of..." Liz smiled a secret smile that Maria knew meant she had a good secret to tell her.

"Okay, what?" Maria asked. Her interest peaking up.

Liz told Maria about the night Michael visited her at the Crashdown and returned her diary. Then she told her what Michael said right before he left.

"He likes YOU?" Maria gasped.

Liz couldn't help but look shocked and then burst out with a laugh. The thought was so ridiculous.

"No! Maria, if you weren't so upset right now you'd know how ridiculous that sounds! He meant he envied Max a girl who feels that way about him! Maria, Michael WANTS to be loved, loved for EXACTLY who he is. But he's... he's scared! And it's you that has him scared. And why do you scare him???" Liz prodded.

Maria's face brightened as she took in the logic behind what Liz was saying. Then she slowly smiled.

"So... he DOES like me?" Maria asked wanting to actually hear it.

Liz nodded "Ummmhummm... and you know what else... I think he more than LIKES you... he's CRAZY about you Maria." Liz blurted out happily. Really warming to this thought. She was realizing it more herself as she talked it out with Maria.

"So... what should I do?" Maria asked with a half laugh, half sob of relief. And wiped at her face again.

"Well, you certainly don't let him run away!" Liz laughed.

Maria laughed too. Liz could always do that to her. Liz was so bubbly at times, and yet at others she was so serious and grounded. But for Maria, she was always there for her, always cheering her up.

"Don't let him run away, huh?" Maria started thinking.

"That's right. You have to show up everywhere! Never give him time to get used to you NOT being around."

The two laughed again as they made plans for the unsuspecting Michael.

"So how about you? Are you going to start taking your own advice?" Maria finally asked, leaning back against the tree now more content.

"Well...." Liz smiled her secretive smile.

"What? ....What? What haven't you told me! Out with it Liz!" Maria asked excitedly, sitting forward again.

Liz laughed and the sound was one of pure joy and excitement.

"Oh my... what did Max do at the dance???" Maria started guessing.

"Well, he tried... tried to kiss me. But then I got arrested and thrown in jail with Alex." Liz stated calmly, licking her lip, and waiting for her friend's reaction.

"Wait...WHAT!... You... Alex... JAIL?" Maria freaked and then jumped to her feet.

She started pacing.

Liz smiled, this was the Maria she needed to see.

She explained what happened and the two talked some more.

As they walked back toward the school building, Maria smiled and looked at Liz.

"Thanks, Liz."

Liz stopped and turned, looking serious again.

Maria stopped and met her look.

"Don't give up on him Maria. He needs you. They need us. They just don't realize how much."

****************************************

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.