Fanfic - Alex/Isabel
"Sacrifice"
Part 2
by Skitch
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell.
Summary: Alex is back.
Category: Alex/Isabel
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I still really miss Alex and still somethings do not make sense. I had this idea and started to write it down, then this came up. I really think this could have have happened, because what doesn't happen in Roswell? Everything that happened on the show still applies. Feedback: Please
Alex had to go through months of physical therapy. He only saw his doctors and a private nurse through his recovery. He never had confronted the man whose voice he heard when he first came out of his coma. Alex could sense he was somewhere that he was in trouble. This place was no hospital. There were signs on the wall pointing towards labs, offices and morgues. The only recovery room seemed to be his, not a window in the entire place. The walls were a light gray, making the place all the more depressing.

The whole time he was recovering, he couldn't stop thinking about his loved ones in Roswell. What were his parents' told? If they knew where he was, they would have come immediately. What about Liz and Maria? They had been by his bed everyday when he had his tonsils taken out in 6th grade. Alex knew he was here because of what he knew. About Max, Michael, Tess.and Isabel. Whatever he was going to go through, he had to be strong. The four of them had to be protected, no matter what happened to him. No matter what Tess had done to him that got him here, no one deserves to have what happen to Max in the White Room happen to him. Alex might not be alien, but he saw what happened to Topolsky- that fear was real. Alex mentally prepared himself for the day the man would come back, and that day would begin the nightmare.

August 2002

Alex was given a clean hospital outfit of white pants and a shirt. He was placed in a white room, plain walls except for an X-Ray board. It was not exactly like the white room Max had described, but it was enough to scare Alex. He crouched in the corner of the room and buried his head in his knees.

"Alex?" The voice said gently through the speakers. Alex gripped his hair in his fists and every muscle in his body tensed. "Alex?"

"Leave me alone!"

"You've been through a lot, but I have been more then patient."

"Why am I here? What happened to me?" Alex said, choking back tears.

"You don't have to worry about anything outside of this room, Alex."

"Let me go home!" Alex started to rock back and forth slightly, trying not to let his whole body shake.

"This is your home now. Everything outside if it is no longer concerned for you."

"What are you talking about?" Alex asked, his head rising from his lap. The only door to the room opened, and the voice walked through. Denton was a man in his mid-30s, his hair slightly balding. His eyes pierced through Alex's soul. His black suit showed the emblem of the Special Unit. Denton crouched in front of Alex, placing his hand on Alex's shoulder

"Alex, to the world, you are dead."

"Nooo!" Alex sobbed. "How could you do this to me?"

"It was not us who dropped you in our lap. It was one of your own." Denton said with a small smile. Alex's mind started racing. He remembered sitting at his desk, his thoughts of Sweden being overwritten with thoughts of the Las Crusas campus. He had gone to Tess to confront her, only to be returned by her trying to kill him. Alex had revealed her plan, and nothing was going to stop her from getting what she wanted. "Yes, Alex. Tess tried to kill you." Denton smirked as Alex once again looked at the floor. "But we found you and nursed you back to health."

"Why? You should have left me" Alex said in a whisper. All the people he loved thought he was dead, for however long he had been there.

"Of course not, Alex. You are too valuable a man to let the world go on without you. Why would we allow the world to go without Alex Charles Whitman before his time?" Denton said, beginning to rise. "We brought you back, now you repay the favor."

"What?" Alex asked barely audible.

"Tell me everything about the aliens."

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.