FanFic - Alex/Isabel
"The Geek Factor "
Part 4
by Murasaki
Disclaimer: Roswell characters belong to folks like Warner Brothers and/or Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: Some lost A/I scenes between Four Square and Max to the Max. They're suddenly much closer in The White Room. What happened?
Category: Alex/Isabel
Rating: PG-13
Isabel woke up from another dream. She was afraid to move and discover that maybe it had not been a dream. The last thing she remembered was hearing the faint sound of a heartbeat and the cry of a baby. Michael and hers. That's what all the dreams had been leading up to. She turned to lie on her back and tried to get her thoughts in order. Her body felt strange. Was she actually pregnant? It couldn't be, could it?

This had all started when Tess had taunted her that day. Tess had done something to her when she touched her. Nothing like that had ever happened to Isabel. She'd worked really hard at keeping her distance from anything and anyone who could be a threat to her leading as normal a life as possible. The worst part of it was that for the first time in her life, she could not go to Max. She'd always thought they would face anything that happened together. But this was too personal and too weird. Nor had Michael and her been able to talk about what was going on. And there was no way she could bring Alex into it. Isabel had never felt so alone and scared about what the future would bring.

Later that night, Michael woke up with a start on the floor of Max's room. He knew Isabel had just woken up too. She was upset. He had to go to her. He could not get his dream vision of Isabel and their son out of his head. For the first time in his life, he'd been completely happy. Maybe this was the answer. He had not expected this, but there was something right about it.

Isabel was waiting for him at her window. He joined her, looking out at the street below.

"You've seen them too, haven't you?" She asked.

-The dreams."

-The rock formation...the symbol."

-The two of us." Michael added. That's what they needed to talk about.

-The baby. I think it's all true, Michael. I think I'm pregnant with your child. " Isabel said out loud, acknowledging her own fears. "How can this be?". Michael reached for her. He hadn't been sure whether he wanted it to be true or not, but if it was true, he was ready. Maybe this was what he'd been waiting for all this time, the thing that would take him away from his life in Roswell and force him to find out more about his alien heritage.

He faced her and said gently: "Something weird like this had to happen sooner or later. No matter what Max wants to think, we're not human, Isabel."

Michael's acceptance of the possibility of their baby made it somehow seem more real. "Oh my God, Michael, what are we going to do?" She seemed so lost. All these years, Isabel had always been the strong one, comforting him when Hank had taken his frustrations out on him and it was all too much for him to bear. Now she needed him. Michael enfolded her in a hug. He was going to stand by her like she'd always stood by him.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.