FanFic - Alex/Isabel
"The Geek Factor "
Part 6
by Murasaki
Disclaimer: Roswell characters belong to folks like Warner Brothers and/or Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: Some lost A/I scenes between Four Square and Max to the Max. They're suddenly much closer in The White Room. What happened?
Category: Alex/Isabel
Rating: PG-13
Alex went back upstairs. To hide more than anything else. He was not going to be able to accomplish much more today. He sat on the couch, head in hands. Did she get it? Did she care enough to stop and listen? His biggest fear was that she was going to close up again and he would be forced to watch from a distance, unable to do anything to help, and unable to fight for what they could have together. He did not know how long he stayed like that contemplating a future without Isabel.

The door opened and closed. Someone entered silently. Probably Maria checking on how he was doing.

"Alex, I'm so sorry..." It was Isabel. He stood up and turned around to look at her. Her face was somber, like something really bad had happened. "Liz is gone. We think that Nasedo has her. He shape shifted to look like Max and took off with her an hour ago." She informed him.

"Oh, my God. What he is going to do to her?" She shook her head.

"I don't know...I don't know why he would take her with him... Max is downstairs. Maria and Michael are closing down the café right now, and we're going to go look for them in a few minutes."

"Ok." He moved towards the door. As they were about to leave together, she stopped him by putting a hand on his sleeve.

"Alex, there isn't much time, but I need to talk to you..." She looked uncomfortable, avoiding his eyes. "I'm really sorry about everything that's happening... Max found out that I'm not pregnant though. I wanted you to know that. Michael and I were never together, we just shared dreams about being together."

It was like a huge weight had been lifted off his chest and he was allowed to have some hope for the future again. She stumbled on. "I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier, when you were just trying to help. It's...it's just really hard to feel like I've lost control of my life...and it makes me scared and embarrassed, and...and mad..." It was out. She looked up into his eyes to see if he understood.

"Is, I don't want to make it harder for you. I just wish you trusted me enough to let me know what is going on. I'll be there for you no matter what happens."

He said in a voice devoid of emotion. Isabel nodded. Tears came into her eyes. She bit her bottom lip to prevent it from trembling. She could tell Alex was deeply hurt that she had not confided in him. And she was honest enough with herself to acknowledge he was right. It was not fair to him to ask him to be in a relationship with her and leave him in the dark about something like this with such a potential to hurt all of them. He was involved now, that was the name of the game.

"You're right, I should have told you what was going on." She admitted, hoping she was not going to start crying like a fool. "God, I suck at this relationship thing." She added with a small, self-deprecating laugh.

The minute Alex saw she was about to cry, his heart went out to her. He could not stay mad at her when she looked at him like that, all pretenses gone. He put an arm around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head to let her know it was okay.

"Oh, I don't know about that. You did pretty good yesterday." He reminded her with a grin.

"Really?" She was not sure whether to hope he'd forgiven her. Then she found it, the look on his face she was starting to depend on, that told her she was special. Her face lit up in a slow smile. "Thanks, Alex." She touched his hand lightly, before taking him downstairs to join the others.

Part 5 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.