FanFic - Alice in Wonderland Contest
"MARIA IN WONDERLAND"
"THE CAT WALK"
Part 3
by Lilybunny
Disclaimer: None of the characters are mine. I just followed me down my rabbit-hole one day and I decided to let them hang out and play. I promise to let them back out when they’re done :)
Category: Contest Stories
Rating: PG-13
The moon was high overhead as Maria exited the passageway. She looked to her left and right but all she could see were strange looking trees. Hugging her arms tightly she began walking forward towards a path in the woods, uncertain that it was the right way to go but knowing that she couldn’t just stay in one place.

But as she walked through the unfamiliar forest, a feeling of unease settling in and she wondered if maybe she had been wrong to leave the tunnel. She wasn’t much of an outdoorsy kind of girl and she hadn’t a clue where she was or where she was going. Fortunately the moonlight shone through the foliage giving her enough light so that she wouldn’t fall or walk into a tree. Maria continued trudging through the forest, firmly believing that she would never find her way out.

“Say little lady, are you lost?” a voice called out to her in the darkness. Maria spun around but she couldn’t see where the voice was coming from.

“Alex?” she called out. “Is that you?”

“In the fur” Alex said and Maria realized she could see his teeth gleaming in the darkness just to the left of the trail. He was perched upon the top of one of the strange trees, his tail flickering back and forth below him. It took Maria all of five seconds to comprehend that second fact.

“Um, Alex? You’re a cat.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Why yes I am.” He agreed, his smile widening. “And you’re a girl. A very lost girl from what I can see.”

Maria nodded in agreement. “I haven’t a clue where I am or where I’m going. Or how to get there.”

“Well,” Alex began, his tail swishing too and fro in an almost hypnotic gesture. “That depends. Where do you want to go?”

She thought about that for a minute but couldn’t come up with any answers. “I’m not sure. I was trying to catch up with Michael. Did he pass by here?”

“Tall guy. Broody. Big ears?” Alex asked her. Maria nodded. “Nope. Can’t say I have. But you might try a little further down the path. Of course if you stay right here he just might come to you.”

Maria looked at him “But how would he find me? I mean, I’m lost, so how would he know where I am. I have to find him or else he’ll be gone forever.”

Alex shook his head at her, his smile widening. “Well, you’ll do what you have to do I suppose.” Maria noticed that he seemed to be getting rather dim. All except his smile, of course, which was beaming just as brightly as it was before.

“Alex, what’s happening to you. You’re disappearing!”

“All the better to dodge the ball my dear.” He said with a wink.

“So how am I supposed to find Michael.” She asked him, worried that he might disappear completely before telling her where Michael was.

“Just keep going.” Alex told her. “You’re sure to catch him, if you chase him long enough.”

Maria took Alex’s advice and continued on down the path. She looked back once, only to see that he had faded completely from view, leaving only a toothy grin behind.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.