FanFic - Crossovers
"Ancient History"
"Hidden Family"
Part 4
by Beth Barker
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the characters I create. This story is strictly for fun and that's the way it should be.
Summary: Alexis's away team and the other team tell the others what they've found out and decisions are made.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Feedback people! Please! And thank you Melanie for your suggestions, I tried to do better this time. Please tell me what you think. Still as bad? You can post this just ask first. Thanks.
Captain's Log:

StarDate: 43615

I have heard and read the reports on the research on Roswell, NM, Liz Parker and her friends, as well as the other Healers and have agreed with Dr. Pickerd that the journal must indeed be genuine. I have asked her to continue reading it and report what she finds to us. I have also told her that she needs to make sure and get a physical in Sick Bay as soon as possible. I have also decided that the best place to continue sorting through this mystery is Roswell, NM. Perhaps we could find a distant relative of one of these people in the journal who might know something.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

As Alexis headed to Sick Bay, Counselor Troi caught up to her and matched her stride. "Where are you headed, Alexis?" she asked her.

"I have to go get a check up. I think Dr. Crusher is just itching to see if there is anything different in my anatomy from pure humans. I don't mind, it happens with the best doctors. I can't say that I blame her, I'd be the same way," Alexis told Deanna.

"Do you mind if I come along? I'd like to talk with you," she asked.

"No, it looks like you're headed that way anyways," Alexis said with a grin.

Deanna just smiled back and didn't say anything else for a few minutes. She was trying to study the newest member of the crew. Deanna sensed so many things in this young woman. Many of the things she sensed were natural, slight nervousness either from the ship's Counselor wanting to talk with her when she didn't even know her or from the check up or any other number of things. However, she could feel a deep pain, a sense of loss, determination, sadness but also joy, excitement and a deep strength that she had only sensed that deep in one other person.

"Counselor Troi, why are you studying me so deeply? I can tell you anything you want to know," Alexis asked in mock annoyance. She knew she had caught Deanna off guard, she did that with all telepaths.

"How did you know I was studying you? You aren't a telepath are you? I have never come across one that I couldn't detect," Deanna said visibly startled.

"Actually, I'm not exactly telepath. I can sense feelings and things such as that and sometimes it's stronger than others. I have always had that affect on other telepaths before though. Who knows a pure healer might be telepathic."

"I'm sorry. You should know that I'm only half Betazed so I can't read thoughts just emotions kind of like you; although if I'm with another telepath, especially my mother, I can communicate with them most of the time. I was just trying to read your feelings about being aboard the Enterprise. How are you enjoying it so far?" Deanna asked, smoothly changing the subject.

"I love it. I was so honored when Admiral Tauk told me that Captain Picard had asked to have me brought aboard. This ship has a great history. I was also grateful for the chance to find out more about my race's history on such a resourceful ship. Has the Captain said anything about my performance thus far?" she asked.

They stepped through the automatic doors of the Sick Bay and Beverly Crusher started walking toward them. "He has said that he thinks he made the right decision to bring you aboard and that you are very thorough in your work," Deanna answered.

As the check up went on, it was somewhat difficult to talk in between directions for scans from the doctor so there was a bit of a lull in the conversation. When the doctor finished her scans, something rang a bell with Alexis's DNA scan. When it hit her what it was, her mouth and eyes formed perfect circles. Deanna, seeing that she was about to spill some news that wasn't supposed to be out yet, pulled Beverly aside. They talked in hushed tones for a minute before turning back to Alexis.

Alexis didn't know what they had said but something was up. "Everything turn out ok?" she asked.

Dr. Crusher smiled but it didn't fool Alexis. "Oh yeah, everything's fine. I was just surprised by your white blood cell count. It's so high!"

Alexis knew that this wasn't what had startled the doctor but she also knew she wasn't lying when she said that she was fine. She decided to let it go for now. "Oh, I know. I think that has to do with my healing power. I think that some of those white blood cells are transferred to whoever I heal because their count usually goes up a little too after I heal them. Mine lowers ever so slightly but it doesn't usually take long for it to go back up."

"That's amazing! I would love to do some experiments on this later if you have some time. I'm done for now, however," Dr. Crusher said, genuinely interested.

Alexis was itching to get back to the journal and she could see that Deanna still wanted to talk. She decided to stop the discussion before it even started. "Counselor, I know you wanted to talk with me but unfortunately, I really need to get back to work right now. Can we pick this up later?" she asked.

"That's fine, I think the Captain wants to talk with you at the same time anyway. Let's set up an appointment for tomorrow at 14:00 hours," Deanna answered.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Half an hour later, Alexis was back in her quarters, the journal in front of her along with a cup of hot chocolate. She always liked something hot to drink when she read. Alexis had forced herself to do some research on the dates in the journal before she picked up reading again. Sure enough, in the Crashdown Café's history, there had been shots fired on the date mentioned in the journal, however, all records indicated that no one had been hurt.

'Which makes sense if he healed her and she told everyone that she had just spilled a bottle of ketchup on herself,' Alexis thought to herself.

All of the other dates that she could confirm checked out in the history books only more firmly convincing Alexis that this journal was for real. With the research out of the way, she turned her attention to the journal and turned to where she left off reading. As she read through it she was introduced to other characters. She continued to see the images clearly just as she had before.

Alexis could feel her own heart pounding at the description of Max's near death experience in what Liz called "the white room". When Tess Harding came onto the scene, Alexis immediately had her guard up although she couldn't explain why. As she read about Sheriff Valenti and Kyle finding out the secret and Max saving Kyle's life her heart went out to these people whom she had never known. She felt her own tears running down her face as she read Liz's description of her decision to leave Max to his destiny with Tess.

It was here that Alexis stopped and something wasn't right about this decision. Alexis didn't understand why these accounts would be affecting her so deeply but they were. She knew in her heart that Tess should not be with Max even though there was clear evidence of this being the case. She decided to look into Liz's medical history after all. She didn't know why but she knew that this was the next step she should take.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Dr. Beverly Crusher studied the files on Liz Parker that Dr. Pickerd had brought her. She didn't really have much to go on. 20th century medicine was so ancient and crude. As she studied it though, something caught her attention. Something about this file was similar to Alexis' scans. She pulled up Alexis' records on her console and compared them to what she had on Ms. Parker. There was not much room for doubt for what she saw.

Alexis watched the doctor's expressions closely. She hoped something would come out of her hunch and Beverly didn't disappoint her. She was not ready for what she was about to hear however.

"Dr. Pickerd . . ." Beverly began.

"Alexis, please," Alexis interrupted.

Beverly looked at her and smiled. "Alright, Alexis. I have something to tell you which may be a bit unnerving to you. You are related to this Liz Parker in some way. The similarities in the blood lines from what I can tell definitely put her in your family tree. How she's related I can't tell but she is a relative of yours."

Alexis' eyes opened wide at this news. "But she didn't have any children and she was an only child! How can I be related to her? It wouldn't show up as well if it had been a cousin and yet you seem very definite about this."

"I am. Maybe she had a child no one knew about or after she disappeared but you are definitely a descendent of hers. I can't really tell you much more than that," Beverly said.

Alexis sat mulling over this unexpected news. Then she had another hunch. "Can you look at Max Evans' medical history and tell me what you see?" she asked the doctor.

Beverly pushed a couple of keys but Max Evans' medical records were blank. "There aren't any medical records under his name. Maybe if we knew his name before he was adopted we could check on them but as it is . . ."

"Of course there wouldn't be any medical records if he was a Healer! Why didn't I notice that before? He would keep everything a secret as much as possible. Aliens were considered a probable threat if they existed in the 20th century," Alexis said, thinking out loud. She looked back up at the doctor and the frown on her face disappeared. "Thank you, Beverly. I appreciate your help."

As Alexis got up and headed out of Dr. Crusher's office, Beverly stopped her. "Alexis, have you talked to the Captain or Counselor Troi yet?"

Alexis got a confused look on her face and answered, "About what?"

Beverly quickly realized that she hadn't. "About what you've found. Maybe Deanna can help you with some of this," she told her.

"Thanks, I haven't yet but I will," Alexis said, and she left Sick Bay.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.