FanFic - Crossovers
"Rozwell"
Part 2
by Danielle
Disclaimer: I have no claim to the characters that I am about to portray here. They belong to The WB People, namely Joss Whedon and Jason Katims. Any problem with that? No? Good, then I'll continue.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG
Authors Note: So, this is a crossover between Buffy and Roswell. You know why? 'Cause they're my 2 favorite shows. And 'cause I miss Oz and I want to write a happy little fic about where the hell he's been for the last few months. But then again, do I really need an excuse? Like I said they're my 2 favorite shows! So I figure this takes place after "Blind Date" in Roswell land, and about 2 1/2 months after Oz has left Sunnydale.
About an hour and a half later, Oz was driving down the main street of Roswell. He pulled up and parked in front of the UFO Center, a place he definitely had to check out at a later date. For now, though, he needed to find a job. And some food- he was starving. Exiting the van, he stepped out onto Main Street, which was liberally lined with Alien-themed establishments.

Besides the UFO Center, there was the Out of This World Laundromat, Little Green Men- the local tourist shop, and the flashing neon lights of The Crash Down Cafe. "Huh" was all he said, nonplussed, but interested in the whole Extra Terrestrial theme of the town. His stomach growled and he figured The Crash Down looked like as good a place as any to grab some eats.

Crossing the street, he pushed through the swinging door and entered the most bizarrely fun restaurant he'd ever been in. He looked at the waitresses dressed in their antennae and alien aprons. He smiled and went to sit at a table in the corner upon seeing the "Please be seated" sign.

He slid into the booth and grabbed a menu, chuckling to himself at the food choices. Saturn Rings, the Alien Blast, Men in Blackberry Pie? It all sounded appetizing. As he was perusing his menu, a blond waitress approached. "Hi, I'm Maria, welcome to the Crash Down. Can I get you something to drink tostart?"

Grinning from ear to ear as he said it, Oz ordered his drink. "I'll have an Alien Slime Trail Shake."

Maria smiled at her customer, noting his spiky red hair and his casually laconic smile. He was definitely cute. What was it with her and guys with spiky hair? Mentally she shook herself, and pulled her eyes away from his. "Okay, Alien Slime Trail it is. You're braver than most."

"Am I?"

"Yeah. Bright green slime shakes aren't exactly the most popular item on the menu. So, are you ready to order, or do you need a minute?"

"I think I need a minute. I haven't finished reading the menu, and some of these things look too interesting to skip over."

Maria smiled again as she put away her order pad. "Okay, I'll go whip up that shake, and I'll be back in a minute."

"Thanks, Maria. I'm Oz, by the way."

Surprised by his politeness, she shook the hand he was holding out. Most customers wouldn't bother to remember her name, never mind introduce themselves. Releasing her hand from his warm grip, she blushed a bit and stammered, "I'll, um, be right back."

He watched her walk away and went back to reading the menu. Maria slipped behind the counter, and began pouring the ingredients of his drink into the shake machine. A few minutes later she returned to the table carrying a neon green frappe. Placing the glass in front of Oz, she took out the order pad again. "Okay, Oz, what'll it be?"

"Well, I think I'm gonna have to go with the Captain Picard Special."

"Excellent choice. How do you want your burger cooked?"

"Rare." She raised an eyebrow, but continued to write. Personally she liked her burgers well done, but to each his own.

"What kind of cheese on that?"

"Cheddar."

"And for dessert, what kind of pie do you want to go with your cup of Earl Grey?"

"Do you have Lemon Meringue?"

"Sure do. My mom made it herself."

"Well then I guess I'll have to try it." He smiled at her as he put away the menu.

"Cool. Anything else I can get you?"

"Yeah, actually I need some information. Are there any trailer parks around here?"

"You planning on staying for a while?"

"Actually yeah. I have a mattress in the back of my van I can sleep on, I just need someplace legal to park for the next couple of weeks so I won't get into any trouble."

"Yeah, there's a place off the old highway where they'll probably let you park it- really inexpensive, too."

"Sounds perfect. Thanks a lot, Maria. I appreciate the help."

"You're welcome. I'll go put your order in, okay?" She walked away without waiting for a response. He was sticking around for a bit huh? Well, she thought, I just might have to run into this guy again. Preferably while Michael is watching. That'd show him. Grinning to herself, she walked back behind the counter and hung the order slip on the rotating wheel for Jose.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.