FanFic - Crossovers
"Talk Show Host"
Part 2
by Kes
Disclaimer: I do not own, no lawsuits please.
Summary: Max, Isabel, Michael, Liz, Maria and Alex try to have a normal weekend.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG-13
Shots suddenly ring out. Max, Isabel, Alex and Cade duck for cover in the Jeep. Liz and Michael immediately drop to the hard parking lot surface beside the Jeep.

Maria yells, "I'm hit!" then her body slams to the ground beside the Jeep.

"No! Maria!" Liz and Michael yell while scurrying over to her. Buckets of blood pour from Maria's left shoulder.

Tears and worry spill from Liz and Michael's eyes. Michael immediately covers Maria's wound with his hands. He looks into her half open eyes for a moment, his hands glow, then Maria catches her breath and sits straight up, with her wound healed.

"Michael you..." Maria begins before Michael yanks her back down to the safety of the ground.

"Stay down! We're not out of the woods yet, and they don't sound like they're running out of bullets any time soon." Michael tries to shield Maria's body and Liz's body with his own.

Cade's cellular telephone rings. He answers the telephone. "Eddie? Eddie, man this is a really bad time... You what? Oh, you made a mistake. You made a mistake when you said what? One more time, Eddie, I can barely hear you. The line was NOT secure when you called me last time? Well, that explains everything! That sound? That's just the sound of gun shots minutes from ending my life and the lives of these brave kids who tried to save my life!" Cade stabs his thumb on the end button of his cellular telephone.

Cade peeks up from his crouching position in the Jeep's back seat. He clears his throat, "Isabel, Alex and Max...I'm sorry you all got dragged into this."

"It's not your fault, Cade. Everything happened so fast. Now, if you had planned this I'd be pissed right now, but I know you didn't plan this. My friends and I have a knack for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, but this is not one of those times. I'm glad we were able to help you." Max takes a breath and opens his mouth to say something else when Isabel silences him with her own words.

"Shut up, Max! I'm pissed, okay! There is no good side to this situation! I did not wake up before the crack of dawn, with mom's credit cards to die a martyr for this planet in the parking lot of Roswell's Number 1, dirt mall! If this dirt mall was not the only mall in Roswell with a Nordstrom, none of this would have happened! No offense Cade, but I wish I never met you!"

"This completely sucks," Alex complains while trying to cover his eyes and ears at the same time. "My acne just cleared up a year ago. I had my whole life ahead of me with no acne and now I'm on my death bed. I don't want to see or hear 'the end' come! I can't decide if I should cover my ears or my eyes, I know I can't do both successfully. It's like participating in a really scary part of a movie, except we're not actors and the blood shed will not be fake! If I could not see the scary part, I would not jump and if I could not hear the scary part, I would not jump. As a last request, would one of you please somehow knock me unconscious or something, so I can not hear or see the scary 'end'. PLEASE!"

The gun shots come faster and seem louder as if more people are firing than before.

"Move over, Bonnie and Clyde..." Cade mumbles.

Frustrated and scared, Isabel shuts her eyes then screams. At the same time, in her head Isabel repeats a line from the 'Wizard of Oz' ("There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.") and the gun shots cease. There is a long awkward silence, then the sound of rejoicing.

"Isabel, this is more incredible than the camouflage!" Alex is sitting up and whips his head around with excitement, his hands still covering his ears. "We're at your house! All of us plus the Jeep (repaired) and the Jetta are in the garage at your house!"

Liz, Michael and Maria jump around cheering and shouting with glee in the Evans' garage.

From the Jeep, Isabel sits up and looks out at her garage in disbelief.

Max, Alex and Cade spring out of the Jeep cheering and high-fiving each other.

Alex notices Isabel is still in the Jeep and leaves Max and Cade. He opens the door of the Jeep and lifts Isabel out, spins around, then lowers her to her feet on the garage floor. She smiles at him and they hug. While hugging Isabel whispers to Alex, "I don't want to know what else I can do with a shower of gun shots firing in my direction." Alex throws his head back with laughter.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.