FanFic - Crossovers
"The Other Direction"
Part 2
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG-13
April 1, 2009

Dear Jose,

He has broad shoulders, hazel eyes, flaw-less cheekbones, perfect nose, enchanting lips, a soothing voice, intellectual mind, and beautiful sandy-brown hair.

So much compassion...

Possibly not a mean bone in his body...

How did we get so lucky?

He is so strong and caring.

Putting others before himself...

Everyday I see him I grow prouder of him and I know you'd be too.

I look in his eyes and I see so much of you.

He's going to be great. You always knew that, though. He's twenty-five now and he's in school. He's working on a PHD in Journalism. He is also working on a novel.

Remember when he was little? Just eight years old and already writing cute little stories. Always thinking of some brand new idea.

I wish you were still here Jose. I wish you could see him. You would be so proud of him.

I miss you,
Katherine

Katherine Trinidad closed her journal and hugged it tightly to her chest, taking in a deep breath.

She periodically wrote in her journal because it eased the pain.

The pain of being without her husband...

He died seven years earlier leaving her and their two children.

Her son took good care of her though. He took to being the man of the house with great pride. He's her little superman...literally

Katherine looked over at the clock and it read 3:36. He'd be home soon and he'd be hungry as a horse.

She got up from her seat, closing her journal and putting it in the drawer, then walking into the kitchen to fix some Macaroni and Cheese.

She heard the door open and two footsteps stumbling into the house and bolting upstairs. She sighed. He still acts like a little boy.

"Michael, don't run in the house!" She yelled.

No reply...

She smiled. He never replied when he was caught. A few minutes later a tall heavy-breathing boy with ruffled hair stepped into the kitchen.

Katherine poured the Macaroni in a bowl and set it on the table. She wasn't going to let him off this easy though. She looked up at him with a pure motherly look and said, "What have I told you about running in the house? You are twenty-five years old. Stop acting like a Barbarian."

He gave her a charming smile and walked over to her, "Hello to you too, Mom," he said and kissed her on the cheek.

Katherine rolled her eyes and handed him Tabasco Sauce for his Macaroni and Cheese. He sat down and poured the Sauce all over the food and then devoured it.

"You even eat like a Barbarian, Michael," she said with a sigh.

"Wuh?" He said with a mouth full of food and a smile.

"Eat your food."

"Where should we start?"

Maria looked over at Isabel as they stepped into the library and said, "Old Newspaper." Isabel followed as Maria went deeper into the library. "Here we go," Maria said as she sat in front of the computer.

"What is this?" Isabel asked.

"We go on the Internet to find old newspaper clippings," Maria answered.

"How does this help us?" Isabel didn't get it.

"Well, surely someone from the newspaper wrote and article about the findings of naked children in the desert," Maria said. "Maybe we can find an article on the little boy."

"I don't understand how we are going to find it," Isabel said. Maria sighed as she clicked the computer screen with the mouse.

"We narrow it down. We go to the files for New Mexico, then narrow it down more to Roswell, then narrow it down more to 1989, then narrow it down even more to March because that is when you were found right?" Maria said.

"Yeah," Isabel replied as she watched Maria work.

"Hey guys."

Maria and Isabel turned around to see Max standing beside them.

"Sorry I was late, but I just found out Liz is pregnant," he said.

Maria smirked and quickly looked away as Isabel tried to hold a chuckle. Max noticed this.

"Oh man, you both knew didn't you?" He said.

"No!"

"Yeah, of course not!"

"You knew," he said.

"OK, we did," Maria said giving up. Max just rolled his eyes. "OK, now be quiet. I'm trying to work here."

"Sorry, master," Isabel joked.

Maria scanned through the newspaper clippings slowly afraid she'd miss the article. Isabel stood tapping her foot and Maria knew she was impatient. Finally Isabel pushed her to the side.

"Jesus, Maria, we'll be here till Christmas with you going that slow," Isabel said as she took the mouse. Suddenly the clippings on the screen whizzed by so fast that you couldn't even tell they were newspaper clippings.

"How are you going to find anything going that-" Maria was cut off when Isabel stopped.

"There it is," Isabel exclaimed as a newspaper clipping with the heading 'Children found in the desert,' appeared.

"Show off," Maria muttered.

Isabel ignored her comment. "How do you print it out?" Isabel asked.

"I guess you don't have powers for everything," Maria joked as she pointed to the screen. "See...it says print."

"Oh shut up," Isabel said as she clicked it.

"OK, but this is an article on us. We already know about us," Max said.

"Yeah, we do. But, we can see what they wrote about you. It can help with anything. Now, Isabel try and see if there is anything on a little boy," Maria said.

"Shit, Maria there are tons of articles on little boys here that year. How can we tell which one is him?" Isabel asked.

"We'll know," Max said and Isabel understood. She whizzed through it again stopping periodically at any article on a little boy.

"Damnit," she'd mutter when it wasn't the article she wanted.

Maria closed her eyes. She was frustrated right now. Her cell phone rang and she decided to pick it up.

"Hello? Nick, hi. I'm at the library. Yeah, OK. Checking out books, of course. What else is the library for?" Maria glanced up at Isabel. "Tonight? 8:00 P.M.? Yeah, OK. Yes, I'll be there. OK, yeah. YES! Alright, bye...ditto," Maria closed her cell phone.

"Was Ms. DeLuca lying to her boyfriend?" Isabel teased.

"Oh shut up," Maria said as she stared at the screen. She winced as she felt the pain from a headache and started to look away from the screen, but as she did it was as if the screen slowed down for only her to see. And she saw the article...the article on him.

"STOP!" She almost yelled. Isabel stopped immediately. "Go back. Go back!"

Isabel did so and then the article appeared. The headline read, 'Mute boy living in a ditch.' The picture showed a little boy in sweats and a T-shirt sitting and looking miserable in a chair in an office.

"It's him," Isabel breathed. Isabel quickly printed the article and read it quickly.

"Anything?" Max asked.

Isabel handed the article to Maria. "Here. Read it. You would know if there is anything useful there," She said.

Maria read the article and smiled. "It says he was going to be taken to West Roswell Orphanage."

"Maria, he'd be our age now. He wouldn't be there anymore," Isabel said. Maria shook her head.

"No, I could go there. Find out if they remember him. See if he was adopted or something," Maria told her.

"AAAAHHHHHHH! Mommy!" Celina ran down the stairs towards her mother.

"Stop running in the house," Katherine said.

Celina went to one side of the table as Michael was on the other smirking at her. Every time she moved he would move to block her.

"Both of you stop it!" Katherine scolded, but neither child heard her.

"Michael, stop being a jerk," Celina said. She tried to move away again, but again he blocked her.

"Come on Celina!" Michael taunted her.

"Mom, tell him to stop!" Celina said.

"Michael, stop pestering your sister," Katherine said. Michael ignored her.

"Celina has a crush!" Michael teased.

"Shut up!" Celina said.

"Goodness, Michael. You're twenty-five years old," Katherine said.

"It's my job to protect my baby sister," he protested.

"No, it's not! I'm fifteen years old!" Celina said.

"So, you're still a baby," Michael said.

"I am not! You act more like a baby than I do," Celina said.

"I do not," Michael said.

"Come on Michaelangelo!" Celina teased.

"Don't call me that!" Michael said.

"Ooh...I remember now! You loved the ninja turtles, didn't you? Michaelangelo! Michaelangelo! Hi yah!" Celina teased.

Celina finally moved out of his way and ran. Michael bolted after her.

"STOP RUNNING IN THE HOUSE!" Katherine tried again. She heard the back door open and close as they chased each other outside. More screaming came from Celina as Michael chased her and barks from the dog as they joined in the game.

"AAAAAHHHAHH! Mom!" She heard Celina say as she came stomping back into the house.

"What's wrong now?" Katherine asked.

Celina stepped into the kitchen as a hysterical Michael followed her.

"Michael turned my hair green...again!"

"You said you were part of the FBI, right?"

"Yes, ma'am," Maria said.

"Agent DeLuca, we get lots of kids who look like that everyday," the lady said gesturing to the picture. "There is no way for me to really be able to tell you who he is or what happened."

"I understand, but if you could try. I know you have pictures of the children who come here. Maybe we could try and match them up," Maria offered.

"Yes, I suppose we could," the lady said as she headed into an office with Maria behind her. "What year is it?"

"Uh...1989," Maria said. The lady stopped and thought for a second.

"You know, I've only been here three years. Victoria has been working here twenty-seven years. If anyone might remember him, it'd be her," the lady told Maria.

"Oh that would be great. Where is she so I might speak to her?" Maria asked.

"She should be in her office. Down the hall third door on the right," The lady said to her.

"Thank you," Maria said as she headed down the hallway. When she reached the door she knocked lightly.

"Come in," the voice of an older woman said. Maria slowly opened the door and stepped inside, closing the door behind her.

"Are you Victoria?" Maria asked.

The older lady nodded. Maria extended her hand out to the lady.

"I'm Agent Maria DeLuca," Maria said. "I was wondering if you could help me with a case."

"I'll try my best," the lady said.

"Good," Maria said and pulled out the newspaper clipping. She put it on the desk and slid it over to the old lady. The lady studied the picture closely.

"Michael," she said and a warm smile came across her face.

"Is that the boys name?" Maria asked. The lady tore her eyes away from the picture.

"Yes," she answered. "He came to us at 1:38 A.M. in the morning, scared, hungry, tired. Eyes darting everywhere around the room. He didn't even know how to talk," the lady told her.

"He didn't know how to talk?" Maria acted surprised although she wasn't. Isabel told her that they couldn't talk when they came out of the pods. Although they still communicated with each other.

"Nope. Six year-old little boy dumped in the desert by his parents couldn't talk. Something traumatic must have happened to scare him into silence like it did," Victoria said. "Are you looking for him?"

Maria nodded.

"Why?"

Maria had already been prepared with a story. "We've found some of his siblings. Also dumped by the parents. They want to find him again," Maria answered. "But, we don't know where he is. Is there anything you can do?"

The lady thought for a second. "I remember he was adopted."

"So, is he still in Roswell?" Maria asked.

"Oh no. The family moved away from here. They wanted to give him a new start in a new place," Victoria said. "A very nice couple adopted him. I can't remember their first names. But, I believe they named him Michael..." She stopped to think. "What was it? Oh yes, Michael Antonio Trinidad."

"Were they Spanish?" Maria asked out of curiosity.

"Puerto Rican I think," Victoria said.

"OK, is there anything else you can remember?" Maria asked. "Maybe any distinct marks on his body or anything?"

"Yes, there was what looked like a scar on his wrist. It was shaped like a star. I think it was a scar. I'm not sure," Victoria said.

"Thank you so much," Maria said as she stood up. "I appreciate this so much."

"Anything to help him. He had always talked about going home," Victoria said.

Maria smiled at her. "Again thank you."

Maria stepped out of the office and took her cell phone out as she walked towards her car. She dialed and waited for him to pick up.

"Mulder."

"Mulder, it's DeLuca," Maria said.

"Yeah, hey Maria. I'm sorry I didn't make it to dinner with your folks," he said.

"It's OK. They understood. Listen I need two favors," Maria said.

"OK, what are the favors?" He asked.

"Well, the first one is I need you to get me a file on Michael Antonio Trinidad. He was adopted if it helps," Maria said.

"OK, and the second favor?"

"The second favor is don't ask me any questions about it."

TBC

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.