FanFic - Crossovers
"The Other Direction"
Part 3
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG-13
Maria sighed deeply as she stepped into her apartment. It was pitch dark in there and she hated it. She hated trying to rush to the switch to turn it on. She always felt like someone could reach out and grab her.

Some monster...

She hurried to get the switch, but as she was about to switch it on someone said, "hello."

"AAHHH!" Maria screamed as she jumped and turned the light on. She sighed with relief when she saw her boyfriend Nick sitting there. "Goddamnit, Nick. I hate it when you scare me like that."

"Well, I hate it when you stand me up," he replied.

"What?" She asked, not understanding.

"What time is it, Maria?" He asked her.

Maria looked at her watch, "10:30. Oh shit! Our date! I'm so sorry! I had-"

"To work," he finished. "Am I right?"

"Nick," Maria didn't know what to say.

"That's what it always is," he told her.

"Nick, I thought we agreed that this isn't a serious relationship. You know I have to put work first," she told him. He stood up and walked over to her. He looked deeply into her eyes.

"I know we agreed, but it just makes me wonder. Maria, are you seeing someone? Because if you are then maybe we should stop seeing each other," He said to her.

"Nick, I'm not seeing anyone else." She said.

Nick cupped her face and smiled at her. "Good, because I'm falling in love with you."

Maria didn't know what to think at that moment, but all she knew is her heart started racing and she could see nothing pass this man in front of her. Am I falling in love? She asked herself. Am I just scared? Is this right? She didn't know what to say to him.

So she said, "I love you."

"Hot date?"

Michael turned around from fixing his clothes to see his little sister, Celina, at the door.

"No," he said.

Celina came in and sat down watching her big brother. "Liar," she said.

Michael came over and sat down next to her. He patted her leg in a brotherly way and said, "Hey, about earlier...I'm sorry about doing that to your hair. You know I was just playing with you."

"Michael, I wasn't upset," she said, honestly.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded.

Michael put his arm around her and squeezed her closer to him. "Good, cause I love you and I'd never want to hurt you."

"I know that. I'm not angry about it," she reassured him. She stood up in front of him. "Here let me fix your tie."

Michael let his sister fix his tie. As she did his mind wondered off about earlier when he turned her hair green. Ever since he came here he had been able to do some pretty strange things.

The only people in the world that had ever known about his secrets were his mother, sister, and his father. They knew about all his powers, the pods he remembered coming out of, and the two children in the other desert that he could feel were the same.

"Where are you?"

Michael blinked out of his thoughts to see Celina staring at him with worry. "What?"

"Your mind is a million miles away," she said to him.

"Sorry," he said.

"What were you thinking?" She asked him.

"Just about how I wish to know who I really am or what I really am," he answered honestly.

Celina rubbed his cheek and looked at him lovingly. "You are Michael Antonio Trinidad. And you are my big brother. No, you are the best big brother in the whole world. You're intelligent and strong, and the most caring person I've ever known and I love you," she said to him.

"Thanks Celina," he said and hugged her.

"Hey, it's the truth," she said to him. "You'll find out someday and when you do mom and I will still love you more than anything. And you know Dad loved you so much," she said to him.

"Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Mom and Dad never adopted me," he thought out loud.

"You'd probably be some punk running the streets and breaking girls' hearts," Celina joked.

"Shut up," he said laughing.

"Whatever. Anyway, when you get back from your date can you help me with my English project?" She asked.

Michael shrugged. "I'll help you now. Let me just call my date and-"

"Michael, no! You always guard your emotions and that's why you have never found someone. Stop it! You are going on this date and you will fall in love and get married and have kids...provided this girl passes the old Celina test," she said.

"Alright fine, but as soon as I get back you and I are doing that project. When is it due?" He asked.

Celina cringed as she said, "tomorrow."

"Celina! You are waiting till the last minute? Oh man!"

"Sorry," she said.

"Whatever. I'm canceling the date. We need to get you finishing that project," he said and walked to the phone.

"You're such an old man."

Mulder tapped on his computer and waited for the computer to finish loading.

"The second favor is don't ask any questions," Maria had said.

Don't ask any questions? Mulder wondered what she meant. He is her superior and could ask as many questions as he wanted, but this was something personal.

He was glad that Maria asked him to do it though. It got his mind off Scully.

Finally the search engine appeared and Mulder typed in Michael Antonio Trinidad and then clicked search.

"A hundred and seven! Lord," Mulder muttered. "Alright, let's narrow you down." He typed in advanced search and clicked on options. Then he typed in adopted and Roswell, New Mexico.

Finally, two showed up on the screen. "Hmmm," Mulder said as he contemplated which one to click on. He finally clicked on one and the files opened up. It showed a 63 year-old Asian-American.

"She said possibly Hispanic," Mulder said to himself as he closed the file and clicked on the other one.

The file read:

Name: Michael Antonio Trinidad

Birthday: March 3rd, 1983

Height: 6'1

Weight: 200 pounds

Eyes: Hazel

Hair: Sandy Brown

Race: Hispanic

Birth Place: Roswell, New Mexico

Adopted by: Jose and Katherine Trinidad.

Mulder looked through more of his files. He sounded like the one Maria wanted so he printed the file. But, Mulder couldn't help noticing that this man had no medical files.

"Must be super healthy," Mulder mumbled as the machine printed the files.

He opened his cell phone and dialed Maria's number.

Nick rolled over in the bed to pick up the phone. "Hello?" He said with a groggy voice. "Who is this? Just a second." He lightly tapped Maria on the shoulder. "Maria, wake up. Maria. Maria."

"Hmmm...what?" Maria said as she rubbed her eyes awake.

"Phone," he said handing her the phone and rolling over to go back to sleep.

"Hello?" Maria said. "Mulder, hi. What? You found it? Yeah. You are going to fax it right now? OK. Yes, I'm getting up to look at it right now," she said and got up to go to her fax machine. It groaned to life as papers started to print out.

Maria picked up each paper and studied them closely. Finally, after all these years of wondering about him they were starting to get somewhere.

"Yes, I am looking at them right now. No medical files? Hmm...yeah. Mulder, you promised no questions. OK, yeah bye," she said and clicked the phone off.

Finally another paper printed out with a picture of him as a little boy. It was him. It matched the picture in the paper perfectly.

"We found you," she said. Another paper printed with a more recent picture of him. "And my lord! You are cute!"

Maria picked the phone up again and dialed Isabel's number.

"Alex, can I talk to Isabel? Thanks... Isabel? I got his file. Who do you think? No, of course I'm not joking. It's him. There is a picture of him as a little boy and it's the same as the one from the newspaper. Yes! Umm...let me see. Just a sec...Yes, there is a current address. It says San Antonio, Texas here."

"San Antonio, Texas?" Isabel asked. She almost couldn't believe it. The boy her and Max had searched all their lives was finally getting closer. They were finally going to find another one of them. "Maria, I want you to go."

"Me, why? Don't you and Max want to see him?" Maria asked.

"Maria, you are my best friend and I trust you. I want you to go and see him and see if it really is him," Isabel said.

"I understand Isabel. I'm driving out tonight. OK, love yah too. Bye," Maria hung up the phone.

"Where are you going?"

Maria turned around and saw Nick standing there looking at her in disappointment.

"Nick, I'm sorry I-"

"Save it," he said.

"I'm sorry, but this is really important," she said.

"Fine, go," he said. "I'll be here when you get back. I might not be that happy, but I'll still be here."

Maria walked up to him and kissed him. "Thank you. You're a good man."

tbc

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.