FanFic - Crossovers
"The Other Direction"
Part 5
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG-13
Maria flipped through the pages of the yearbook searching intensely. She flipped to the index and found his name: Trinidad, Michael A.: pages 21, 257, 289, 301, 345, 378, 399.

"Jeez, he sure is in a lot of pictures," she mumbled as she began turning to the first page listed.

Page 21: Student Council President, Michael Trinidad argues against another issue in the debate club.

Page 257: A picture of the Spanish club, including Michael.

Page 289: Shows Michael playing baseball.

Page 301: Michael seated with a group of people at lunch, smiling and laughing.

Page 345: The School Choir, including Michael.

Page 378: Michael is pictured with girlfriend, Joan.

Page 399: Picture of Michael being crowned Prom King.

Maria closed the yearbook in astonishment. She couldn't believe that this guy was the one they were looking for. How could a man so involved in life possibly be an alien?

Unless he doesn't know he is an alien.

But, Max and Isabel knew. They remembered the Pods. They knew to keep a low profile. Why was this Michael guy into so much? He even has or had a girlfriend!

Maria closed her eyes and took in a deep breath to regroup her thoughts. When she opened her eyes again she finally made the decision. She got up from the booth in the library and went out the door. Her destination, the Trinidad's.

Back and Forth, right left, circle. Michael sighed as he continued to wash the car. Washing the car was so boring and he'd been doing it for over and hour already. Not that it needed any cleaning, but Michael had taken a glance out the window earlier and noticed a girl sitting in a parked car across from the house.

He decided he could get a better look at her if he came out and washed the car. It would make for a good excuse. He didn't really have to look at her. His freaky powers gave him incredibly great eyesight and he'd be able to see her from miles away.

She couldn't be more than twenty-four or twenty-five years old. Her hair was silky and red, running down her back perfectly. From far away Michael could see her shining Emerald eyes and beautiful full lips.

She's beautiful. But, he reminded himself that that is not why he was watching her. He was watching her because she was sitting in a parked car and kept glancing over at him. Why would someone do that? Unless they were spying, he thought to himself. Plus she kept shaking her head and that disturbed him a little.

I wonder if she even knows that I see her?

"What the hell is this guy doing? It's been over an hour and he's still washing that car," Maria mumbled. Although she really didn't mind him being out there that long. It was like watching an entertaining movie. A hot guy with no shirt on washing the car. Maria took in a deep breath and used her hands to focus forward.

"Nick," she said to herself. Silence. She shook her head. "Nick," she repeated, this time firmly.

She turned to look back up at the guy washing the car. It's him. It's Michael, the little boy in the desert.

"You sure aren't a little boy anymore," she said with a smile. She shook her head again. "Nick.

She leaned back in the seat and tried to think of something. She had been determined to get here and when she finally arrived she had no idea how to even approach him. She never thought of something. So, she was stuck playing the stereotypical FBI agent sitting in a black car watching a suspect.

She pulled out the phone and began dialing.

"Mulder."

"Mulder, it's Maria," she said.

"DeLuca, is everything alright? I've been wondering about this case-"

"You promised no-"

"Questions. Yes, I remember, but I can't help wondering," he said to her.

"I know, but trust when I say...when I say..." you are soooo not ready for the truth, buddy. "When I say just trust me."

"I do trust you, DeLuca. You are a wonderful Agent. I just get-"

"Worried. I know," she mumbled. Maria smiled. She liked talking to Mulder. He was like a muse. When she couldn't think she'd call him and talk to him. Then by the time they hung up she was back on track.

"You know what I was thinking?" She asked him.

"What were you thinking?" He asked.

"I..." At that moment Maria considered telling Mulder of her vision last night. She didn't have to tell him the whole situation. "I had this weird...dream. Like what would have happened if..." She couldn't finish the sentence.

"If what?" Mulder asked.

If Michael would have stayed in Roswell...

"If Scully never left," she lied.

Although she did wonder about that a lot...

Mulder sighed deeply. "I wonder about it too," he confessed.

"Mulder, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up," she said, slapping herself mentally.

"It's OK. I have to go Maria," he said suddenly. Maria knew it was because the mention of Scully always upset him.

"Mulder, I didn't-"

"Bye, Maria," he said and before she could say anything he hung up. Maria closed her cell phone and sighed. She hated the fact that Mulder was hurting. Those moments made her want to kill Scully if she had left by choice.

BANG BANG!

"AHH!!!" Maria screamed and looked up at the window. There stood Michael looking down on her, curiously. She clutched her chest as if her heart would stop. "Shit," she breathed as she rolled down the window.

"Hi," Michael said to her.

All the nerves in Maria's body were trembling. Here he is. The little boy...the man...the alien.

"Hi," she said nervously. "That is the second time that has happened."

"I didn't mean to scare you," he said feeling guilty.

"It's fine," she answered him. Then she wondered about what she should do in this situation. God he smelled so good. NICK! "Is there something you wanted?" She asked.

"Well, I saw you sitting here for a while and I wanted to make sure you were alright," he said.

"I'm fine," she said again.

"Well, you kept looking over at me so I thought maybe you needed to say something," he said and slapped himself as he realized how conceited he sounded.

Maria's cheeks turned red. He knew she had been watching him.

She quickly thought of something.

"I'm not from here," she spat out. "Never been to San Antonio. I needed a break from driving and some directions so I decided to park and take a breather. I considered asking you for directions, but I didn't want to bother your...car washing," she said. Pretty good lie, Maria.

Silence.

"So, what's your name?" He asked.

She wondered if she should tell him her real name. The battle lasted a few seconds and she decided on telling him her middle name.

"My name is Cecile," she said giving him a sweet smile. He held out his hand and shook hers.

"I'm Michael. Cecile, that's an interesting name. How did you come to acquiring such a name?" He asked.

"My mother gave it to me," she said.

"I suppose I should have known that one," he told her. "It's really hot out here. Would you like something to drink?"

"No, I wouldn't want to impose."

"If you were imposing I wouldn't have offered," he said as he opened the car door and gestured for her to get out. He looked at the papers beside her and figured they were maps she was using to find her way around, but a second glance said he was wrong. They were folders with files in them. Michael wondered what kind of files, but the thought left as quickly as it came.

"Well, if you insist," Maria said.

"I insist."

tbc

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.