FanFic - Crossovers
"The Things We Share"
Part 1
by Michael Sim
Disclaimer: The characters and settings of Roswell in this story are the property of Regency Television, Jason Katims Productions and the Warner Brothers Corporation. The characters of X-Files are the property of 20th Century Fox Television and 10-13 Productions. All use is for the sole purpose of fictional storytelling.
Summary: Immediately after the Hybrid Chronicles and the 02/18/01 episode of the X-Files (Per Manum), unwanted attention is placed on our Roswellians by a duo of FBI agents named Scully and Doggett. (This story relates the many similarities/parallels between the mythologies of Roswell and the X-Files)
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG
February 24, 2001. 2:34PM. County Morgue, Tucson, Arizona.

Scully, Doggett, and a technician from the morgue are walking down a hallway.

Tech: It's been a zoo here recently. We've been holding the body for a few days now, but it's been inspected already.

Scully: We just want to have a look ourselves.

Tech: Be my guest. It's in door 12-C.

Scully: Thanks.

Scully and Doggett enter a prototypical storage room of a morgue: sterile walls with rows of square metal doors containing their expected holdings.

Doggett: Here it is.

Doggett is at a door labeled "12-C" with a temporary tag listing the body to be "Grant Sorensen." Doggett pulls open the door and is welcomed with the horrific stench of decaying flesh that has not been properly refrigerated or preserved.

Doggett: Oh my God!

Scully pulls out the tray holding the body.

Scully: Why has this body not been properly refrigerated?

Doggett: I don't like this. Something is going on.

Doggett opens other doors to find those bodies properly refrigerated.

Doggett: Looks like someone didn't want us to see this body in a recognizable state.

Scully inspects the body despite its decay.

Scully: According to the coroner's report, this man died from a gunshot wound, but I see extensive trauma to the thorax and abdomen.

Doggett: Seems like someone took a sledgehammer to this guy's chest and belly.

Scully: No. Look at the pattern of damage to his skeletal system and internal organs. Whatever did this came from within.

Doggett: You mean like a Sigourney Weaver-Alien kind of thing.

Scully replies with an acerbic look. Upon further inspection, Scully detects something in the corpse's open cavity. She pulls out a pair of latex gloves, an evidence bag and a tongue depressor. She scrapes some gelatinous bluish material from the abdominal cavity with the tongue depressor and places it en bloc into her evidence bag.

Doggett: What the heck is that stuff?

Scully: I don't know, but I intend to find out.

Scully again goes to her pockets and pulls out a q-tip. She again samples the gelatinous blue material. She heads to a microscope in another part of the room, smears the blue material on a slide, places a glass coverslip onto it and looks at the slide under the microscope.

Scully: This is odd.

Doggett: What is?

Scully: Take a look.

Scully turns the microscope to Doggett. We see the blue parasite from the Hybrid Chronicles, but this time, they are not shimmering, but disfigured, dull, and immobile.

Scully: They look like a variant of a water-born parasite, but I've never seen anything like this before. They're all dead. I don't understand how they can be in a corpse of a person who has been in the desert for the past four months.

Doggett: Something tells me that we'll find answers in Roswell.

February 25, 2001. 11:18AM. Roswell, New Mexico.

Inside the Crashdown, Liz and Maria are waiting tables.

Maria: I was so happy my mom didn't kill me when I got home. But that full body search sure sucked!

Liz: What?! She did not!

Maria: Just kidding. She actually wants to invite Michael to dinner. Says something about knowing whom I'm being a free spirit with..

Liz: That's a good thing.

Maria: Yeah, as soon as I teach Michael some table manners.

Outside, Doggett and Scully are in a car pulling into a parking space. As they exit their vehicles into the bright sunlight, they look around.

Doggett: Tourist trap might have been an understatement.

Scully: Let's start with the restaurant.

The agents enter the Crashdown and take seats at the counter. Liz approaches them.

Liz: Can I help you?

Doggett: I'll have a coffee, black.

Scully: I'll have the same.

Liz: I'll be right back.

Liz turns and grabs two coffee cups from a cupboard behind her. She places a cup in front of Scully and Doggett and pours the coffee.

Scully: I was wondering if you could give us a hand.

Liz: Sure.

Scully pulls out a B&W headshot of Mulder from her pocket and shows it to Liz.

Scully: Do you recognize this man?

Liz: I think so. Maria, come over here.

Maria comes up next to Liz.

Maria: What's up?

Liz: Didn't you serve this guy the last time he came here?

Scully: The last time?

Maria: Yeah, this guy used to come in every few weeks, but last time was at least six months ago.

Doggett: How do you remember him?

Maria: Well, he had this really cool name, Fox, and he was sort of cute. Ow!

Liz gives Maria a poke in the side.

Maria: Sorry. Anyway, he asked lots of questions for a traveling vacuum salesman.

Scully and Doggett exchange looks.

Doggett: What kind of questions?

Maria: You know, stuff about aliens and the Roswell Incident, but he seemed to know more about it than any tourist I ever met.

Liz: Why are you interested in this man?

Scully and Doggett show Liz and Maria their FBI badges.

Scully: My name is Agent Dana Scully and this is Agent John Doggett. We are members of the FBI who work on cases called X-Files, cases that involve unexplainable phenomenon.

Maria: (tentatively) Like aliens?

Scully: Yes.

Liz and Maria look freaked out.

We switch to Doggett and Scully exiting the Crashdown. They are headed for their car.

Doggett: Notice how they clammed up after we showed our IDs. They're hiding something.

Scully: They're just high school students, they were probably just intimidated.

Doggett: I just have a feeling about this.

Doggett turns and notices the Jetta parked next to their car. It strikes his attention as he sees a notebook in it with Maria's name. The trunk of the vehicle also gets his attention as he notices areas where holes have been poorly repaired.

Scully: What is it?

Doggett: Nothing. We should go and check out the site where the girl was found.

We switch to Frazier Woods. Scully and Doggett are inspecting the ground.

Scully: Nothing here.

Doggett: I agree.

Doggett and Scully head further into the woods. As Doggett steps about, he takes a step and feels his foot sinking into the dirt. He sweeps away some loose brush and notices the area has some freshly dug molehills.

Doggett: Agent Scully, take a look at this.

Scully comes up from behind.

Scully: Looks like they were trying to hide something underground.

Doggett: I'll be back.

Doggett returns to his car and gets a shovel from the trunk. Upon returning to the molehills he begins to dig until he uncovers an opening. He takes off his coat and tie.

Doggett: Guess I'm the one to go in there.

Doggett shimmies his way in through the opening and turns on a flashlight.

Scully: What do you see Agent Doggett?

Doggett: It's pretty damp down here. Wait a minute.

Doggett comes over to a wall of the cavern and shines his flashlight on the same gelatinous substance they found in Grant's corpse.

Part 0 | Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.