FanFic - Crossovers
"The Things We Share"
Part 3
by Michael Sim
Disclaimer: The characters and settings of Roswell in this story are the property of Regency Television, Jason Katims Productions and the Warner Brothers Corporation. The characters of X-Files are the property of 20th Century Fox Television and 10-13 Productions. All use is for the sole purpose of fictional storytelling.
Summary: Immediately after the Hybrid Chronicles and the 02/18/01 episode of the X-Files (Per Manum), unwanted attention is placed on our Roswellians by a duo of FBI agents named Scully and Doggett. (This story relates the many similarities/parallels between the mythologies of Roswell and the X-Files)
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG
We see Agent Scully crossing the street heading to the UFO Center. She enters and looks around the exhibits prior to entering Brody's office.

Scully: Mr. Davis?

Brody: Yes, can I help you?

Scully shows him her FBI badge.

Scully: My name is Agent Dana Scully of the FBI.

Brody: You come as advertised.

Scully: Excuse me?

Brody: Please, have a seat. When I heard that new FBI agents with "certain" connections were in town, I called some old friends.

Scully: Who are these friends?

Brody: Three gentlemen by the names of Byers, Langley, and Frohike...

Scully: The Lone Gunmen.

Brody: Yes. Frohike seems to have a very high regard for you, Agent Scully.

Scully: How is it you know those three?

Brody: My investigations into the extraterrestrial led me to many collaborations with them.

Scully: Can we get down to business?

Brody: Certainly.

Scully: According to records in city hall, you moved to Roswell recently. What brought you here?

Brody pulls up his communications map of the United States on his monitor.

Brody: On May 14, 2000, a distinctive radio wave pattern was detected here at Roswell. I believe it was some sort of communication from aliens.

Scully: And what is your interest in aliens?

Brody: For lack of a better term, I am an abductee. It was more than 7 years ago now. I was driving my car on the Massachusetts Turnpike and poof! Two days of my life disappeared and somehow I ended up in West Virginia. I can hardly recall the tests they did on me anymore, but the amazing part of all this is that I had terminal cancer and it was gone.

Scully: When you say gone, you mean in remission.

Brody: No. I mean gone.

Scully studies Brody for a moment, sizing him up.

Scully: Mr. Davis, may I ask you something, something not routine?

Brody: Go ahead.

Scully: May I look at the back of your neck.

Brody: (puzzled) Okay.

Scully comes up behind Brody and as she had suspected, he has a small, barely perceptible scar on the back of his neck.

Scully: Mr. Davis, you have a scar on the back of your neck.

Brody: I do?

Scully: I would conjecture that you did not have that 7 years ago. I believe that an implant was placed there during your abduction.

Brody: What do I do with it?

Scully: Trust me, Mr. Davis, for the sake of your health, do not do anything to it.

Brody: How do you know so much?

Scully turns her head and raises her hair to reveal the scar on her neck.

Scully: I have also been abducted. However, when I had the implant removed, I was almost immediately inflicted with a terminal cancer that was only cured with a replacement implant.

We switch to Doggett driving his car and parking, once again, next to the Jetta. We are at Michael's apartment complex. Doggett comes up to Michael's front door and knocks. Michael opens the door.

Doggett: Michael Guerin?

Michael: Yeah? Who are you?

Doggett flashes his ID.

Doggett: My name is Agent John Doggett. May I come in?

Michael reluctantly stands aside and lets Doggett in. We see Maria, who is at first sitting on the couch, stand when she sees Doggett. Her hair is a bit tousled.

Doggett: Ms. DeLuca. Your mother told me I would find you here.

Maria: Me? You're looking for me?

Doggett: I have some questions for both of you. (to Michael) How are you connected to Laurie Dupree?

Michael: She's a long lost relative.

Doggett is walking around, looking about while talking.

Doggett: Is it okay for me to look around?

Michael: Yeah.

Doggett: What is your connection to the death of Grant Sorensen?

Maria: We were just witnesses. Agent Duff was the one who shot him.

Doggett: Yes. And on the topic of guns, Ms. DeLuca, can you explain to me why your car has evidence of damage from gunfire?

Maria: Uh... I didn't know that.

Behind Doggett, Michael gives Maria a look of "why couldn't you say something better." Maria responds with an exasperated shrug.

Doggett: According to records from the Launch Pad Auto Body shop, your car has been repaired upwards of 5 times in the past 15 months. Bodywork to every conceivable part of the car, a new rear window, an engine fire, and several interior trim pieces. That doesn't sound like regular wear and tear to me.

Michael: Where are you headed with this?

Doggett: Why don't you tell me, Mr. Guerin? (to Maria) And Ms. DeLuca, who is Sean DeLuca?

Maria: Oh, you can take him away if you want.

Michael gives her a "be serious" look.

Maria: Just kidding. He's my cousin who just got out of jail.

Doggett continues to walk around and notices a bag sticking out from under the couch.

Doggett: What is this?

Michael: Uh, nothing.

Doggett pulls out a bag containing the $50,000 from the Duprees.

Doggett: (pulling out the money) I hardly think this amount of money is nothing.

Maria and Michael have no response.

We switch to Doggett back in his car, talking on his cell phone. Scully is in an empty Sheriff's station.

Doggett: I'm not sure what they're trying to hide Agent Scully, but I think it has to do with Max Evans.

Scully: This whole thing seems to center on him.

Doggett: Michael Guerin and Maria DeLuca gave me some story that the money I found was from the Dupree family in Tucson.

Scully: But you think it could be some sort of blood money.

Doggett: I don't know what to believe right now. I just hope we aren't looking at a serial murderer.

Scully: I don't think that of Max Evans. I think there are factors here beyond our comprehension right now.

Doggett: I'm on my way back to your location.

Scully: I'll talk to you then.

They hang up from the phone. Scully turns around to see Max.

Scully: Max, how long have you been standing there?

Max: Long enough Agent Scully.

Scully: What are you doing here?

Max: You told me you wanted to help? I think I need your help now.

Scully: Let's go somewhere else to talk.

Max nods and he follows Scully into the interrogation room.

Max: Can I trust that what I say now is done in confidence?

Scully: Certainly.

Max: What do you know about Jeremiah Smith?

Scully: (surprised to hear the name) It's been a few years since I last heard that name. In May of 1996, Jeremiah Smith was implicated in an incident at a fast food restaurant. A man holding several customers hostage was shot by a police marksman only to be found unharmed minutes later. This man claimed that Jeremiah Smith placed his palm on his chest and healed his wound.

Max: And what about a government conspiracy?

Scully: From years of investigation, my part... former partner, Fox Mulder, and I have uncovered information about a group of men led by a cigarette-smoking man who have had contact with extraterrestrials. Their goals, we believe, are to prepare the world for an impending invasion by a warring faction of aliens.

Max is both stunned and relieved. He trusted Scully and so far she has come clean with him.

Max: Agent Scully, what I am about to tell you put my friends and me in great danger.

Scully: I understand.

Max: I, along with my sister, Isabel, Michael Guerin, and Tess Harding, are alien-human hybrids. We were placed on Earth to protect us from our enemies. Jeremiah Smith came to me earlier today. He told me that you were important to our survival, but he also told me that I was important to the well being of your unborn baby.

Scully suddenly stands up.

Scully: (upset) How do you know I'm pregnant?

Max: Jeremiah Smith told me and I can somehow sense it in you.

They stare at each other for a moment.

Max: We know each other's deepest secrets. We need to trust each other now.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.