Fanfic - Kyle/Tess
"Lonely"
Part 1
by Katharina
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and the situations are owned by Regency Television and 20th Century Fox. No infringement intended.
Summary: Tess is in Kyle's room thinking about her life.
Category: Kyle/Tess
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This is my first Fan Fic. I just gave it a shot. Please write me Feedback so I know what to do better next time
My whole life Nasedo had told me what to do. He had thought me how to use my powers and he told me about my destiny. The past years he had convinced me that I love Zan and that it is my wish to be with him forever. He repeated it so many times; and I believed him. Why shouldn't I? He was my family, the only person I had. I believed every of his words, and I thought the others would do the same. It was a shock when I first met Max and found out he was together with Liz Parker. How could he fell in love with her? I'm his wife. I'm his destiny. He is supposed to love me; only me.

That's what I thought those days. But I was wrong. Nasedo had been wrong. We are not Zan and Ava. We are Max and Tess! When I realized that my world broke down. Nothing Nasedo had told me was real, and all my feelings for Max were only illusions. I'm not Ava. I will never be her. She was my past; my present and my future are different. I need to accept that.

But it is not easy. I have lost everything. Not only Nasedo, but also everything I believed in. I don't know who I am any longer. Who is Tess Harding? An alien, yeah, that's what I am; in any way possible. I don't really belong here, to Roswell. Why did I stay here? To be with the others, so we are complete? I don't think so. I'll never belong to them. They won't let me. I destroyed too much. I'll always be the unwanted fourth member of the club. Why did I stay? Because Jim lets me live in his house? Maybe. It was so easy. I didn't need to worry where to go. He doesn't do it for me, though. He promised it and he feels like he has to do it. Because Max healed his son.

I'm so jealous. Jealous, because Kyle has a father who would do everything for him. Nasedo never did anything because of me. He did it because it was his job. We were never that close. Since I stay at their house I've come to know how lonely I am. I don't have anybody and I don't know what to do.

Knock! Knock!

Somebody had knocked on the door to Kyle's room. Tess wished the tears off her face, she hadn't even realized she was crying. Then she got off the bed and unlocked the door.

"Hi," it was Kyle standing on the other side of the door. "Can I come in, or is my own room off limits now?" he asked with a little bit of irony in his voice. Kyle walked past her to his closet. Tess didn't reply. He had kind of caught her off guard and she didn't know what to do. Also is it pretty difficult to play cool when your face is read from crying and you feel like you would start crying again any time soon. "I just need some things, you know."

But Tess wasn't really listening. She still stood next to the door and couldn't move. Surprised because she didn't say something Kyle turned around. Yet he noticed her red eyes and saw that she was shivering.

"Are you ok? Tess?" She still wasn't able to answer. All she could think was: Hold back the tears. Don't let him see you crying. He'll be gone in just a second. But Kyle didn't intend on leaving. He put the things he had come for down and stepped in front of her. Kyle saw in Tess' eyes and all he could see was sadness. Wordless he took her hands, but Tess didn't react. So he pulled her into a hug and held her tight.

That was when Tess lost the control over herself and buried her face in his shoulder, letting her tears free. They stood like this for a long time until Tess finally calmed down. After she had stopped crying Kyle pulled away from Tess to see in her eyes. He didn't really know what to do. He had acted on instinct. Tess looked up to him, confusion written all over her face.

Somehow Kyle knew he couldn't leave her alone. They sat down on the bed, still close to each other. It took her some time, but eventually Tess got over her fear and told Kyle everything she had been thinking about. And Kyle just listened. Sure he was surprised about what he heard. He had pictured Tess always as cold, a girl/alien who knew exactly what she wanted and how to get it. Now he had to discover how lonely and scared she really was and definitely more human than he had given her credit for.

Kyle and Tess talked for a long time that day. Later on they both fell asleep on Kyle's bed. The next morning Tess woke up in Kyle's arms smiling. She didn't feel lonely anymore. She had Kyle.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.