FanFic - Max/Liz
"A Connection"
Part 4
by Susan
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, they belong to the WB, I just borrowed them for a short period.
Summary: Takes place after "Blind Date".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Liz makes a connection with Max.
Saturday morning at the Evan's home:

Max was awaken by a ringing noise. He barely had time to wipe his eyes when Isabelle came rushing into Max's room. "OK Max, I want to hear exactly what you did last night. Five people have already called me this morning telling me different things."

Isabelle was standing in the doorway of Max's bedroom with her hands on her hips, glaring at him. Max looked over and noticed the bed roll was already rolled up and put under his desk. Thank goodness Michael had already left, he thought. "Issy, can't a guy even go to the bathroom before you start interrogating him."

"Are you going to tell me what you were doing on the stage at the concert kissing Liz or not Maxwell. What were you thinking?"

"I'm not really sure how it all happened, I mean it's still a little confusing to me."

"Well you have a funny way of taking a step back with a girl. Now what are you going to do about Liz? You can't keep playing with her emotions, it just isn't fair to her, you, us, heck everyone involved Max." Isabelle knew her brother had strong feelings for Liz and she knew Liz felt the same way for him. She liked Liz more then she wanted to let on, but still she didn't think this was right.

At the moment Isabelle mentioned Liz's name Max remembered what had happen last night in his bedroom. He didn't think he needed to mention that it is yet. But Isabelle was right about one thing he needed to talk to Liz today. He didn't know himself what he was going to say. "Is, I will talk to Liz today, just don't ask me what I'm going to say. I don't know myself, but I am going to do everything I can not to hurt her again. So can we just drop it for now, I have to get dressed if you don't mind."

Isabelle stepped out of the doorway and went on downstairs, still not satisfied with the amount of information Max had given her.

Saturday morning at the Parker's home:

Maria came bursting int Liz's bedroom, "Hey Maria." Liz stated as she was making up her bed.

"Hello, OKay I want full details and I want them now!"

"Maria, I don't even know where to begin."

"Just tell me everything from the beginning. The more details the better."

Liz started getting dress and telling her best friend as much detail that occurred fromt he night before. How Kyle had gotten Max drunk, how they broke into her room, how she tried to keep him safe until he sobered up, what Max had said to her about running off together, how he had told her she was his dream girl, about all the magic he did on the street and about the flash of memories he gave her when he kissed her at the concert. "Then I did something last night that I can't even believe I did." Liz then went into details how she had gone to see Max and how things were getting pretty intense between them on his bed when Michael had come in and interrupted them.

"It figures, that guy has no sense of timing," Maria commented.

"Maria, I saw something last night when Max and I were kissing. It was just like at the concert, but this wasn't of the two of us, it was of Max. I think I seen how he came to be."

"You saw what?"

"Well it was very confusing at first, then as we got..you know..more intense the visions got more and more real."

"Did you tell Max what you saw?"

"No since Michael's interruption, I didn't the chance."

"See timing, what did I tell you Michael has no sense of timing at all." In her heart she was wishing Michael would just be honest with his own feelings for her. Even if he was a wild haired jerk of an alien, he was her wild hair jerk alien. "So are you going to talk to Max today or what?"

"When I left his place last night he said he'd call me today."

Back at the Evan's home:

Max came downstairs hoping to avoid another confrontation with his sister. To his dismay she was sitting at the kitchen table talking to yet another friend on the phone whom had called to gossip more about last night.

"Max, my brother... You have got to be joking.... Kyle...." She looked up and noticed Max staring at her. "I gotta go, I'll talk to you later...Bye." Shaking her head "Max, Max, Max, Max, Max and I thought what Michael and I did last night was really strange."

"What do you mean, what you and Michael did...what exactly did you guys do?" Max was hoping to change the subject.

Isabelle told Max in detail about the scene at the library. "Okay now it's your turn, spill it Max and I want the truth.

Max slightly embarassed began to tell his sister about how Kyle and his friends had come over to the house drunk, how he had seen Liz kissing Doug, how Kyle has persuaded him to try a drink and then the next thing he knew he was on stageat the concert kissing Liz. A small smirk appeared on his face as he gave this last detail. He left out the part of Liz's visit to their home.

"Max you have to go talk to her and I mean now."

Liz was showing Maria the heart still on her wall when they heard the phone ring. They both shot each other a look. Liz ran to the phone and slowly answered it. "Hello."

"Hey Liz... it's Max.... we need to talk."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3 | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.