FanFic - Max/Liz
"A New Arrival"
Part 4
by Giselle
Disclaimer: The characters of the show Roswell belong to the writers and producers of the show, as well as the WB, and not to me. I am in no way involved with the show, actors, writers, producers, network, or charcters.
Summary: A new girl in town turns out to be an alien that could provide more answer's the the other's questions.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Max walked into the Crashdown Café looking for Michael with a worried expression on his face. He saw Maria talking to Liz and walked up to them. "Have you guys seen Michael?" he asked concerned.

Liz could see the panic and fear in his eyes. "No. Is something wrong?" she asked. Max knew he couldn't involve Liz in this. Even though she had been through so much with Max and the others, he knew this was different. And Liz wasn't too fond of Jenna at the time. He didn't want to put her through this, not now anyway. He would explain it to her eventually. He could never hide anything from Liz. "No. I just need to find him. I went to his place, but he wasn't there." He explained. Liz could tell something was wrong. She couldn't understand why Max wouldn't tell her. Isabel walked in from the kitchen, in her waitress outfit, and headed towards the threesome. "Hey, what's going on?" she asked Max. "I can't find Michael." He said as he gave her a look as in trying to tell her something was wrong, but not to let the girls let on. Isabel picked up on Max's innuendo. "Oh, I know where he is. I'll take you" she said as she took off her silver apron. "But you're shift isn't over yet." Maria told her. "It is now." Isabel said as she threw the apron up and started heading for the exit.

Maria caught the apron and said in disgust, "Can you believe her?" to Liz. But Liz was to busy trying to figure out what could be going on.

"This is a joke right?" Isabel asked, while she and Max were driving around town. Max had just finished explaining to her everything that had happened. "Do you think she could be one? One of us?" Isabel asked. "Do you remember that night I went with Liz to the reservation to see River Dog? I never told you guys, but I went back to see him. He told me that the man who owned the necklace talked about a young girl, one of his kind, would come one day and translate the writings on the cave. At first I thought it was you." Max explained. "You think she's the one the man was talking about?" Isabel asked. "I hope so. If she is then she can tell us what the scriptures mean." Max said. But Max was afraid that if Jenna was the "one", then finding out more about where they're from and who they are could mean losing Liz. They pulled up to their empty house.

"Isabel, someone's here" Max said as he saw a light turn on from inside the dark house. "Maybe it's mom or dad." She suggested, trying not to get scared. "No," Max said as he got out of the jeep, "they went out to dinner with the Lemmens."

Isabel stepped out of the car and stood next to her brother. As they walked closer up to the house, Isabel became more and more scared. She stopped, causing Max to stop too. "Max, what if it's those people who have been following us?" she asked, her voice trembling. They began to walk closer and closer to the house.

Max walked slowly in the dark hallway. The light was coming from his room.

Isabel was right behind him, squeezing his hand tightly. In the other hand, Max held a butcher knife he grabbed from the kitchen. He slowly placed his hand on the doorknob, and turned it as quietly and slowly as possible, so that the intruder couldn't hear him entering. He slowly opened the door and walked in.

There lied Jenna on his bed, unconscious. "Oh, my god!" Isabel said as she and Max walked over to her. Max sat next to her and put his hand against her cheek.

"Jenna? Jenna, can you hear me?" he asked. Just then Michael walked in the doorway. "She can't hear you" he said casually, startling Max and Isabel. "What are you doing here?" Max asked. "What are you doing here?" "I live here" Max said. "Michael are you crazy?" Isabel asked, upset. "What?" he asked as if he did know wrong, as he walked up to them.

"What did you do to her?" Max asked, worried, still holding Jenna, trying to wake her up. "Don't worry. She's fine." Michael assured him. "Michael, what possesd you to do this?" Isabel asked. "Come on Isabel. How else would we find out what we need from her?" "You don't even know if she knows more then we do, or less. You don't even know if she is one of us!" Isabel said, almost yelling at him. "I'm telling you, she is!" he yelled. "Wake her up!" Max said as he rose up from the bed quickly.

"All right, all right!" he said. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to Jenna. He placed his two fingers on the side of her neck. Nothing happened. "Why isn't it working?" Isabel asked. "I don't know" Michael said as he got up. "Max do something" Isabel told him.

Max went and sat down next to Jenna on the bed. He ran his hand down her cheek, and then placed two fingers on the side of her neck. Suddenly, Max felt a quick painful shock. He saw a small girl waving good bye to a tall man. He then saw Jenna's face, still unconscious, lying on his bed. The pain came back again.

He was connecting with her while trying to bring her out of unconsciousness. He was now seeing flashes of her life. He could see her, the night she was "born" that cold starry night, back in 1989. He watched her walk down a cold dessert highway, looking for sight of civilization, the same way they did. He saw the day she met her adoptive parents, the day her dad left her and her mother, her mother's wedding day. The day they moved back to Roswell. And then he saw himself, sitting in geometry class, watching her walk towards him. "Max!" he heard. He broke out of the connection at the sound of Isabel's voice calling him. He took his hand off Jenna's cheek and his fingers off the side of her neck. They waited to see what happened.

Jenna slowly opened her eyes, blinking at first, then looking up all around her. "Are you O.K.?" Max asked softly. She slowly nodded, starring deep into his eyes. "Where am I?" she asked weakly. "You're at my place" he told her. "What happened?' she asked, confused. "Michael kidnapped you." Isabel explained. Max helped her sit up slowly. "Why did you bring me here?" she asked, frightened.

"What's going on?" she asked panicky. "Calm down. You have nothing to be afraid of" Max assured her. "We know about you." Michael told her. "What you are." He added. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "You're not human" Michael told her. Her eyes became full of fear. She looked at Max, then Isabel, and finally Michael, as if she knew there was something familiar about them. "Neither are you." She announced.

She couldn't believe it, there were more just like her. "Why don't you answer some questions for us?" Michael asked. "Do you remember anything the night you were "born"?" Max asked. "I remember, it was cold, and I was alone, scared. When I stepped out of the pod, It had scripture on the side. There was a number on it, number 2. " She explained. "Do you know what the scripture said?" Isabel asked. "It said "rescue mission survivor". On the other side of the pod, it had a symbol drawn on it. The same symbol on you're necklace." She told Isabel. "Do you know what the symbol means?" asked Isabel. "It means home" she explained.

"Did you know there was others like you?" Max asked. "No," she said. "I thought I was the only one." She replied. "Have you ever told anyone?" Isabel asked.

"No." she answered. "What about you?" Jenna asked. Max looked at Isabel, then at Michael. "Who?" asked Jenna. "Just 2 people. Liz and Maria." Isabel replied.

"How can you understand what the writings mean?" Michael asked. " I don't know. I just can." Answered Jenna. "If you could read the writings on the side of the pod, then you can read the scripture in the cave by the reservation." Michael said. "O.K, you lost me" Jenna said. "It's along story, we'll tell you on the way there." Michael said. "Wait a minute." Max started to say. "It's too dark out now. I'm just as anxious as you are Michael, to find out what the writings mean, but it's better if we went later." "Fine, we'll go tomorrow, after school" Michael said.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3 | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.