Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 18
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“Look at them, they’re practically drooling all over themselves!” Maria exclaimed, putting an extra oomph into her hip swing. Liz laughed when she saw this.

“You are so bad, girl! You’re going to make Michael go insane.”

“Good! That’s the objective!” Isabel smirked at Maria’s comment and continued to dance along with music. The three of them had been sneaking inconspicuous glances at their men, and every time they were met with eyes full of awe and sparkle, and mouths wide open and drooling. To say the very least, they were all pleased with the outcome.

“Oh man, I love this song!” Maria called out, and grabbed Isabel’s hands, making her sway her body with Isabel’s. She pulled Isabel’s hand above her head and twirled underneath, then did the same for Isabel, their dresses swaying alongside their bodies.

“Come on Lizzie!” Maria shouted, as she began to sing along with the music.

Volcano girls, we really can't be beat
Warm us up and watch us blow
Now and then we fail and we admit defeat
We're falling off
We are watered down and fully grown

Liz laughed at Maria’s singing outburst, and caught Isabel’s eye. They smiled at each other and decided to join with Maria. They began screaming and singing the lyrics.

Leave me
Lying here
Cause I don't wanna go
Leave me
Lying here
Cause I don't wanna go

The song played its melody and the girl’s ecstatic voices carried over it. The song soon ended and they heard the next song take its place. They each exchanged glances and strolled over to Max, Michael and Alex.

“Good evening, gentlemen,” Maria’s throaty voice greeted them. Michael nearly choked when he heard the sultry in her voice. He gave a tiny nod in response to her greeting, because he was much too afraid what would come out of his mouth if he opened it.

Isabel smiled at this and continued slowly, “We were just wondering if you’d like to-”

“Dance with us pretty little ladies. We’ve gotten awfully lonely over there,” Liz finished for her. Each of the boys exchanged meaningful glances, then immediately grabbed their own girl, making their way to the dance floor.

“Gee, mister, you’re awfully pushy,” Liz said in her innocent voice. Max grinned and kissed her vigorously on her soft lips. She giggled. “And assertive too.”

Max pulled Liz close to his firm body, and tucked her neatly in his arms. It just felt so natural, she felt so natural to him. Their bodies were made for each other, fitting together perfectly. Liz put her head underneath her chin, resting her cheek right underneath his neck.

There is something that I see

In the way you look at me

There’s a smile, there’s a truth in your eyes

But an unexpected way

On this unexpected day

Could it mean this is where I belong

It is you I have loved all along

Michael’s steady arms wrapped themselves around Maria’s waist, and fit her body to his with ease. Maria’s own arms were twisted around Michael’s neck, her hands aimlessly rubbing sections of his neck. Michael, once unfeeling and ignorant, gave his girlfriend a soft, affectionate kiss on her forehead.

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along

Alex took Isabel’s perfect hand into his own, and held it over his heart. With his other arm, he pulled Isabel’s body tightly against his, and swayed alongside her. Isabel pressed her cheek against Alex’s, and closed her eyes, losing herself to this one, perfect moment she’d never forget.

There were times I ran to hide
Afraid to show the other side
Alone in the night without you

But now I know just who you are
And I know you hold my heart
Finally this is where I belong
It is you I have loved all along

Adam gazed longingly at Liz, but quickly scolded himself for it. It was time he let go, he had to. Looking at her with Max was… well, to be honest, it was beautiful. Any stranger could tell that those two truly loved and adored each other. But Adam isn’t just some stranger, and he knows their love is worth more than just one lifetime. Who was he to tell his King and Queen that they shouldn’t be together just because he loved her? But to free this devotion, this love for Liz was much too painful. So he was going to love her, and admire her from afar. And no matter what, he was going to protect her with all he had.

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along

Over and over

I'm filled with emotion
Your love, it rushes through my veins

And I am filled

With the sweetest devotion
As I look into your perfect face

Max basked in the love he could feel Liz giving him. This was the way it was supposed to be. Him and Liz, living, breathing and loving each other. Forever and ever together. Life wasn’t about aliens, or being different, or living in fear. It was this, loving and being loved by the most important person in the world. And for all this, Max was extremely thankful.

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved
It is you I have loved
It is you I have loved all along

Part 17 | Index | Part 19
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.