Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 1
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
Maria flopped into a booth at the Crashdown. She was insanely tired, and her feet were probably covered in blisters, blood and bruises… okay, probably not, but it sure felt like it! Maria sighed and leaned back against the booth. Tired did not even begin to explain how she felt these days. It’d been two years since Tess went *poof* and left the Pod Squad with way too many questions. As it seemed, space beast (a.k.a. Khivar) never showed up and probably wouldn’t. Then again, they didn’t know how long it took to hurl through galaxies. That being the problem, each member of this conspiracy was rarely left alone other than at nighttime and during class. To say the least, it had been a strenuous two years.

“Got room for one more?” Adam asked, smiling down at her. Maria just nodded, and pointed to the seat across from her. He too flopped down into the booth, throwing off his apron. After it had somewhat quieted down, Adam permanently moved in with Michael, although he didn’t really have much to move in with. Adam got a job at the Crashdown working in the back like Michael so he could help pay the rent. Adam fit the group perfectly though… it seemed like he had grown up with them all their lives. He was in school with the Pod Squad as well, going through the torture with them.

“Tell me that door is locked,” Adam muttered. Maria saw that Adam was beginning to wind down, and his usual cheeriness was fading. Maria just smiled and nodded at Adam.

“So, girlfriend, what’s on the schedule tonight?” Maria asked Adam. Over the past two years, she and Adam had gotten pretty close. Usually on nights like this when they were closing together alone, they would just end up going back to Adam’s place and watching a movie.

“I don’t know… is there a movie we haven’t seen?” Adam sighed, resting his chin on his hand. “Where’s the rest of the gang tonight?”

“Uh, well, Max and Liz are… y’know what? I don’t want to know what they’re doing. As for Isabel, Michael and Alex, they went to see a movie at the theatre.” Maria, too, sighed. So much for making something of her night.

“I say we rent a horror. The last billion times we’ve rented movies it’s always been either a sob story or a romantic comedy. I need some bloodshed tonight,” Adam stated. “The restaurant is clean enough, let’s bail.” Adam stood up and walked to the backroom. Since Maria didn’t really have any other choice, she too walked up and went to the backroom. If you can’t beat them, might as well join ‘em, right?

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.