Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 25
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“Adam, where are we going?” Liz asked, shifting nonstop in the passenger seat of Maria’s Jetta. Adam glanced over at Liz from the driver’s seat, her shifting starting to make him worried. He didn’t want to scare her, which he had already done when he had been barking orders at her earlier. But then again, he wasn’t going to lie to her.

“I don’t know yet, Liz. We just can’t stay back there.” Liz nodded her head, yet barely registering his words. All she knew was that this morning she woke up the happiest woman in the world and now she was running for her life. She started tapping her fingers against the dashboard.

“Liz,” Adam said, smiling sadly at Liz’s anxious movements. “You got to calm down, all right? You’re fine, and I’m sure they all got out of the apartment before any major damage happened. The fire department is probably checking it all out right now. They’re fine, ok?” Another distracted nod presented itself. “Liz. Listen to me. You told me you could read what they were thinking, so you obviously got through to them. Stop worrying, just relax or this is going to be one long damn car ride.”

“It already is,” Liz muttered under her breath. She caught herself too late though, already noticing the hurt look on Adam’s face. “No, Adam, I didn’t mean it that way. As much as I love running for my life with you, I’d just rather be-”

“Home. I know,” Adam replied, a half smile on his face. “Don’t forget, this is me you’re talking to. Master Runaway and Alien Problem Specialist.” Liz grinned at him. “It could be a lot worse, too. You could be stuck with Michael.” Adam warmed when Liz (adorably) stuck her tongue disgusted at the thought.

“You’re right, it could be a lot worse. I’m sure Michael would be checking my seatbelt every two seconds.” Liz started to frown when she thought of Michael. What if she could never go home? What if she never saw Michael again? Never got to hear Michael lecture her on teenage boys like Max (and himself), and how they were after only one thing. And Max, oh god, Max. If she never saw Max again, she wouldn’t want to live. She might as well kill herself now.

Max, I love you. I miss you, I need you here with me right now. I don’t think I could live a day without knowing I’ll get spend the rest of my life with you, life just wouldn’t be worth-

“Stop that, Liz. Whatever you’re thinking, stop it. I can just see those wheels moving in your head, and you need to just stop. Everything is going to be all right. Khivar won’t be able to find us, or at least not any time soon. Keep in mind that you made our escape hidden to anyone in the whole city. There’s not a damn way anyone could know we even left except for the gang.”

“What if it didn’t work? What if they’re following us right now? What if-”

“What if I grew ears and called myself Dumbo? What if’s are for the unprepared. We, on the other hand, are perfectly fine. We’ve been expecting this, so we’re not going to crumble. And I know your mindwarp worked, why wouldn’t it?”

“If we’re so prepared, where the hell are we going?”

“Ahh, no fears, my lady. All our answers lie in there,” answered Adam, as he pointed to the gas station not far up the road. “I need gas anyways.” Adam grinned and shrugged his shoulders. Liz playfully punched his shoulder.

“How can you be so calm about this? We’re running away from our home because our lives are at risk. And Maria’s going to absolutely freak when she finds out we took her car. She’s going to drown you in her cypress oil.” Another grin appeared on Adam’s face.

“Psh! Maria is nothing. I could take her with my pinky toe.” Liz rolled her eyes.

“Oh, I’m sure you could.” She crossed her arms and stared out the window. Adam is a great friend and she loved him to death, but nothing could be better than being with Max. And that’s where she wanted to be right this moment. In Max’s arms, being masked by Max’s tender kisses. Last night had been so special to them and now all this crap happened. Fate must hate her. That was it. Fate hated her guts. She would tell fate to kiss her ass if she could.

Liz thumped her head against the glass of the passenger window. After the huge explosion, everything happened so quickly that it still hadn’t registered in her brain yet. Adam had pushed her out the back door and spotted Maria’s car almost automatically. He manipulated the locks and they peeled away from the back alley and away from Roswell. Liz didn’t even get a last glimpse of her beloved hometown because she was too busy concentrating on making sure no one saw them speeding away and connecting to her friends all at the same time.

Liz just wished this would be over. Really, what did a bunch of teenagers know about alien politics? All of it was stupid nonsense anyways. A planet was depending on their survival when they could barely make it through a normal day. Some stupid evil alien leader wanted her to have his child, all the while watching her lover and her best friends be slaughtered by the same evil bastard. How did she get into these things?

Oh right, being the essence of an alien queen, that’s how.

This may be a longer trip than she expected.

Part 24 | Index | Part 26
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.